|Andrew W.K. Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1979|
Andrew W.K. is an American singer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor who had started his career in the mid-1990s performing in several local bands before moving to New York where he had started recording music under the ‘Andrew W.K.’ stage name. He has gone on to publish the solo studio albums I Get Wet (2001), The Wolf (2003), Close Calls with Brick Walls (2006), 55 Cadillac (2009), You’re Not Alone (2018), and God is Partying (2021). In addition to his musical career, starting in the early 2010s, he has worked on several non-musical ventures including acting, radio work, writing, and motivational speaking.
Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier
Stanford, Santa Clara County, California, United States
Andrew had attended the Greenhills School, an independent college preparatory school in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He had later joined the Community High School (CHS), a public alternative school in Ann Arbor, from 1993 to 1997. In parallel with academics, he had studied piano and keyboard there.
Singer, Multi-Instrumentalist, Record Producer, Actor
- Father – James E. Krier (Legal Scholar, Author, Professor Emeritus of Law at the University of Michigan Law School)
- Mother – Wendy Wilkes
- Siblings – Patrick Wilkes-Krier (Younger Brother) (Golf Coach, Former Professional Golfer)
Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Alternative Rock, Alternative Metal
Vocals, Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Bass, Drums
- Napalm Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Hanson Records
- Bulb Records
- Island Records
- Universal Music Group
- Mercury Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew has dated –
- Melissa Auf der Maur (2003–2004)
- Kathy Griffin (2007)
- Cherie Lily (2008–2019) – Andrew had married fellow musician Cherie Lily on October 4, 2008, in a traditional Persian wedding ceremony at Santos Party House, a nightclub in Manhattan’s Chinatown that Andrew had co-owned. The couple had met through their mutual heavy-metal voice instructor and Cherie had performed with Andrew’s band as a vocalist and hype woman between 2006 and 2018. They have 2 children together whom Andrew prefers to keep out of the public eye. The couple had initiated amicable divorce proceedings in late 2019.
- Kat Dennings (2021-Present) – Andrew had started dating actress Kat Dennings in early 2021 after they had met in Los Angeles. The couple had confirmed their relationship in May 2021 and had announced their engagement, via an Instagram post on May 13, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Often sports a light stubble
Andrew W.K. Facts
- A child prodigy, Andrew had started learning how to play the piano from the age of 4, at the University of Michigan School of Music. He had mentioned in an interview that his family’s trips to midnight mass, when he was a child, had a massive influence on his inclination towards music.
- One of his elementary school teachers had given him the nickname of Andrew W.K. to differentiate him from his classmates Andrew Gilchrist and future singer-songwriter Andrew Cohen.
- In 2008, he had opened a multi-level nightclub and concert hall in Manhattan and named it Santos Party House. It was one of the few venues in New York City to be granted both a liquor license and a cabaret license.
Featured Image by Andrew W.K. / Instagram