|Allison Janney Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1959|
Allison Janney, an alumna of Miami Valley School, Dayton, and Hotchkiss School, Connecticut, has won several Emmy Awards, Guild Awards, Critics’ Choice Awards, Drama Desk Awards, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe Award. An actor recognized for her soothing voice, she has also represented many medical organizations involved in the treatment of terminal diseases. She is an epitome of grace combined with a passion for rescuing dogs.
Allison Brooks Janney
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
California, United States
Allison Janney studied at the Miami Valley School in Dayton and at Hotchkiss School in Connecticut. After that, she joined the Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio.
In 1984, she joined the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London for a summer program under a scholarship. She also did a 2-year course at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York.
- Father – Jervis Spencer Janney, Jr. (Real Estate Developer and Jazz Musician)
- Mother – Macy Brooks Putnam (Former Actress)
- Siblings – Janney (Younger Brother) (Passed Away in 2011) & 1 another brother
- Others – Stuart Janney (Uncle) (Owned Racehorses), Michael Weatherly (Step Cousin)
Allison Janney is managed by –
- Leslie Siebert, Talent Agent, The Gersh Agency, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Chris Henze, Manager, Thruline Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Karen Sellars, Talent Agent Voice & Commercial, ICM Partners, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Tim Curtis, Talent Agent Voice & Commercial, William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Karen Samfilippo, Publicist, IMPR, Santa Monica, California, U.S.
- Justin Di Stefano and Peter Nelson, Legal Representatives, Nelson Davis, Santa Monica, California, U.S.
6 ft or 183 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Allison Janney has dated –
- Dennis Gagomiros (1982) – Around 1982, Allison dated actor Dennis Gagomiros. The reason for their split is not known.
- Richard Jenik (2003-2006) – Allison started a relationship with Richard Jenik in 2003. After a year, on May 17, 2004, the couple got engaged. She made the announcement of accepting Richard’s proposal live on WCBM Radio’s Tom Marr Show. They were scheduled to be married around Christmas in 2004. However, things did not work out and the couple separated in November 2006.
- Philip Joncas – Allison is in a relationship with actor and producer Philip Joncas. They crossed paths in 2012 when they were working together in the film The Way, Way Back. The pair has been spotted together on many occasions after 2014. They seem to be going steady without a need to officially stamp their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, and Scottish ancestry.
- High forehead
- Towering stature
- Usually keeps a bang
- Long face
Allison Janney has endorsed –
- The Cake Bake Shop
- Jimmy Choo
- Tony Ward Couture
- Kaiser Permanente
- American Heart Association
- CBS Cares
- Ford Cares
Best Known For
- Her portrayal of many memorable characters in numerous TV series such as on the series The West Wing (1999–2006) as White House Press Secretary C. J. Cregg, Masters of Sex (2013–2015) as Margaret Scully, and Mom (2013–2018) as recovering alcoholic Bonnie Plunkett
- Her other versatile roles in films including The Object of My Affection, Drop Dead Gorgeous, American Beauty, Juno, The Help, Peabody & Sherman, and Tallulah
- Her Broadway appearances including Present Laughter, A View from the Bridge, and Six Degrees of Separation
- Being a common feature at award ceremonies having won numerous awards like Academy Award, Primetime Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Critics’ Choice Award
In 1989, she made her debut as Miss Penny in the theatrical film Who Shot Patakango?
First TV Show
In 1991, she made her first TV show appearance in the comedy series Morton & Hayes as Mrs. Hayes /Beatrice Caldicott.
Allison Janney is a fitness buff. Her workout includes strip aerobics, weightlifting, and jogging. She also practices the ‘Bar Method’, a mix of Yoga, Pilates, and Isometric exercises, which keeps her toned while increasing her flexibility and strength. She also enjoys going for long walks with her dogs.
As for her diet, she eats everything but in controlled portions and mostly prefers to eat healthy food.
Allison Janney Favorite Things
- Film – All About Eve (1950) and Annie Hall (1977)
- Snack – Apple topped with fresh-ground almond butter
Source – US Magazine
Allison Janney Facts
- She was raised in Dayton, Ohio.
- While in high school, she played ice and field hockey and once, she wanted to be an Olympic skater.
- Her mentors in acting were Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.
- During her struggling days as an actress, she told people that she was a photographer for National Geographic.
- Her earlier jobs included nighttime receptionist at a recording studio in NYC and salesperson at a department store in Dayton, Ohio.
- She is a great admirer of women’s rights activist Susan B. Anthony.
- On October 17, 2016, she received the Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Allison is a supporter of the Democratic Party. In 2016 Presidential Election, she endorsed Hillary Clinton.
- She loves rap music.
- Growing up, she had a huge crush on singer Davy Jones of The Monkees fame.
- For the film I, Tonya (2017), she has won a majority of prestigious awards including the Critics’ Choice Award, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
- She is associated with many charities like Best Friends Animal Society, Leukemia Lymphoma Society, and Bookmarks For LLS.
- Follow Allison Janney on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Allison Janney / Instagram
Nice 2 meet u Allison!!