|David Dobrik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
David Dobrik is a Slovak-born YouTube personality, actor, Vine sensation, content creator, and voiceover artist who has gained popularity for being the leader of the popular YouTube ensemble The Vlog Squad. He has also accumulated immense popularity with his work and was the 5th-most viewed creator channel on YouTube in 2019, with 2.4 billion views that year. He was called “Gen Z’s Jimmy Fallon” by The Wall Street Journal in March 2020.
Dávid Julián Dobrík
Los Angeles, California, United States
David went to Vernon Hills High School. But he didn’t finish it and dropped out. He doesn’t have any regrets for never having attended college.
Actor, YouTuber, Vine Sensation, Content Creator, Voiceover Artist
- Siblings – Ester (Younger Sister), Sara (Younger Sister), Toby (Younger Brother)
David is signed by WME Management Agency.
In 2023, he had a net worth of $20 million as per CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Dobrik has dated –
- Liza Koshy (2015-2017) – American actress and YouTuber Liza and David started dating in 2015. David was proud of his girlfriend for having hosted the Golden Globes which, at that time, was just one of her great works including her winning the Teen Choice Awards. The two truly made a power couple. However, the couple separated in December 2017 which was revealed in June 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
David Dobrik is of Slovak and Hungarian descent.
In January 2021, after a Twitter thread, he confirmed via his VIEWS podcast that he was neither ‘bisexual’ nor ‘bicurious’.
David Dobrik has endorsed the following brands –
- HP Sprocket photo printer
- Best Fiends Forever Computer Games
- MTV Fandom Awards
- Share a Coke campaign
- PlayNerve Android app
- Angie Tribeca on TBS Network
- EA Sports
He also had a sponsorship deal with DoorDash for his podcast Views. He also had brand deals with HelloFresh, Dollar Shave Club, etc. All the deals got canceled after he was involved in the Vlog Squad allegations.
Best Known For
- His role in the short movie An Interrogation (2015) where his character was called David.
- He is equally well known for his YouTube channel where his fan following is over 8.5 million.
In order to stay in shape, David regularly tries to play basketball.
David Dobrik Favorite Things
- Place – Brazil
- Candy – Blue Raspberry, Jolly Ranchers
Source – Instagram, Twitter.com
David Dobrik Facts
- David won the Vlogger of the year for 2017.
- He loves animals and his Instagram has many pictures of him petting a horse or a kangaroo in his arms.
- He has his own brand of apparel collection where he sells hoodies and t-shirts.
- David is a clean freak who takes a bath only in chlorinated water.
- As a voiceover artist, he made his theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Axel in The Angry Birds Movie 2, a 2019 computer-animated comedy film based on Rovio Entertainment’s Angry Birds video game series.
- He always wanted to be a Viner or a vlogger since he was 5 years of age and reminisces that back then, no one took him seriously, and now, he has his dream fulfilled.
- He was cast in the 2019 American parody film, Airplane Mode, in which he co-starred alongside Logan Paul, Juanpa Zurita, Andrew Bachelor, Amanda Cerny, Nick Bateman, Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, Brittany Furlan, Casey Neistat, Nick Swardson, and Chloe Bridges.
- In October 2020, in collaboration with Flower Shop Perfumes Co., David launched his new fragrance line called David’s Perfume. During the launch, the perfume was available in 2 scents – David’s Perfume #01: Amber & Cashmere and David’s Perfume #02: Grapefruit & Sandalwood.
- In August 2020, he had purchased a new house for $9.5 million which is 7,800 square feet with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. His house features a Hawaiian Punch drinking fountain, an infinity pool, a spa, an outdoor kitchen with a BBQ center, and much more.
- David was included in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list of social media stars.
- In December 2020, David was accused of promoting gambling to children after the release of the ‘Hundred Thousand Dollar Puzzle’ challenge.
- He was the 9th highest-paid YouTuber of 2020 as per Forbes with $15.5 million in earnings.
- He has also appeared in music videos for songs like Graduation by Juice WRLD, Gucci Bands by Dom Zeglaitis, and Cozy by Trisha Paytas.
- David revealed in the VIEWS podcast with Jason Nash on January 12, 2021, that once one of his fans had entered his bedroom carrying David’s DoorDash order that had been left on his doorstep. He was even more frightened when David saw the same fan (in hoodies and hands hidden inside the front pockets) appearing again inside their house the same day. He ultimately had to call the police.
- In January 2021, David revealed that he had invested $1 million in Tesla’s stock approx 3 years back. He sold all his holdings after a week and made a $7,000 profit out of it. He later regretted his decision as his holdings would have been worth $13 million in 2021.
- In 2021, David had invested nearly $50,000 in the GameStop stock when it was booming. However, by the time, the stock price had settled down, David had already virtually lost $85,000 but he hadn’t sold his holdings this time around.
- In February 2021, David gifted Tiffany and Co.’s teddy bear to Halsey when she appeared on his podcast Views.
- He is the co-founder of the photography application Dispo, which was valued at $100 million in February 2021 by investors. The app was review bombed and given negative ratings on App Store in March 2021 after the sexual assault prank allegations on him. As a result, the average rating was reset by the App Store in the middle of March 2021. Later, in March 2021, he stepped down from the app’s board. The lead investor of the Dispo app, Spark Capital had also cut ties with the app.
- David once made $24,000 in a single night from a birthday party. He made money just to show up at the 16th birthday party of a kid. He was initially offered $10,000 to come to that party. When he was about to leave that party, the dad of that kid offered him more money to stay longer. Overall, he made $24,000 for that single night just for his presence which according to David is the craziest paycheck he has ever received for something stupid.
- In February 2021, YouTuber Seth Francois accused him of pressuring him into making non-consensual content. The accusations were made in regard to a prank video in which Seth was tricked into kissing Jason Nash.
- He also lost over 400,000 YouTube followers and more than 2.3 billion views in March 2021 after the Vlog squad allegations.
- On June 16, 2021, he returned to YouTube and uploaded his first video after a gap of almost 3 months since the controversy.
- In June 2021, David expressed that he would never fight in a YouTube boxing event.
- In June 2021, David had raised $60,000 in partnership with Triller and the Aryana Healthcare Foundation for one of his friends’ hip surgery.
- David had hosted a house party on July 30, 2021, for which he had sold tickets ranging from $40 to $1500 via the ticket-selling platform Eventbrite.
- In September 2021, David met a female superfan who was having his name ‘Dobrik’ tattooed on her finger for the last 2 years.
- In 2021, he had hosted a 10-episode travel show titled Discovering David Dobrik on Discovery+ where many of his friends from Vlog Squad were also featured.
- In December 2021, David revealed that he was looking to quit vlogging and focus more on the VIEWS podcast or something else.
- On January 2, 2022, during an episode of the VIEWS podcast, David revealed that he had not made a single dollar from YouTube in the last 3 to 4 years.
- In January 2022, he revealed that 4 years from that time, he was earning $275,000 a month. Those were his best-earning months. However, he had only earned this much amount for 3 straight months, and then his earnings dropped to $50,000 a month.
- In April 2022, David revealed that a Marvel fan had stolen his $10,000 Iron Man statue. He claimed that the statue was delivered to the wrong address and the recipient was later refusing to give it back to him.
- In June 2022, Jeff Wittek filed a lawsuit against David for a failed stunt that left him with near-fatal injuries in 2020. He was seeking almost $10 million in damages and was reportedly suing him for “general negligence and intentional tort”.
- In November 2022, David teamed up with the founders of fast-casual, Los Angeles-based chain Lemonade for the opening of his Chicago-style pizza shop, Doughbrik’s Pizza.
Featured Image by David Dobrik / Instagram