|Leyna Bloom Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Leyna Bloom is an American actor, model, dancer, and activist who became the first openly transgender woman of color to appear in Vogue India in 2017. In the October 2018 issue, Glamour named Leyna as one of “6 Women Who Are Shaping the Future of Fashion”.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Leyna Bloom has been trained in ballet, lyrical, hip hop, jazz modern, tap, and vogue. She attended Chicago Academy for the Arts on a scholarship but later dropped out because the men’s scholarship did not allow her to dance as a woman.
Actor, Model, Dancer, Activist
- Father – Arron C Davis
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Asian)
Leyna Bloom is of African-American descent on her father’s side and has Filipino ancestry on her maternal side.
Leyna Bloom Facts
- She had a rough childhood and her mother was deported. Therefore, Leyna was raised by her father who also supported her transition.
- She has stated that she knew from a young age that she was a woman.
- Leyna has worked as a hostess at the NoMo SoHo restaurant in Manhattan.
- A reputed figure in ball culture, Leyna Bloom has served as the New York City mother of the house of Miyake-Mugler in the mainstream scene and is known in the ballroom community as the “Polynesian Princess”.
- She has starred in an H&M campaign with Gigi Hadid, Stella Maxwell, Soo Joo Park, Imaan Hammam, and Yasmin Wijnaldum.
- Alongside Fionn Whitehead, McCaul Lombardi, and Louisa Krause, Leyna Bloom co-starred as Wye in the 2019 American-French drama film titled Port Authority. The film had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in the Un Certain Regard section on May 18, 2019, and became the first film in the festival’s 72-year history to feature a trans woman of color in a leading role.
- She was the only transgender woman of color to walk Paris Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2019 at the Tommy Hilfiger x Zendaya fashion show in an all-black cast in March 2019.
- Leyna played the character named Pretentia Khan in the drama television series, Pose, in 2021. The show follows New York City’s African-American and Latino LGBTQ and gender-nonconforming drag ball culture scene.
- It was announced in March 2021 that Bloom would appear as a model in the July swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated, making her the first openly transgender Black and Asian-American Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model.
Featured Image by Leyna Bloom / Instagram