|Drew Scott Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1978|
Drew Scott is a Canadian actor, voice actor, producer, realtor, entrepreneur, singer, author, and TV host. He is best known for hosting the home flip show, Property Brothers. Drew is also noted to be the identical twin brother of Jonathan Silver Scott and co-owner of the Scott Brothers franchise. Apart from being a successful businessman and actor, he is also a singer who has co-released several songs such as Hold On (2015) and Let the Night Shine In (2015). As an executive producer, Drew has come up with several shows such as Brother vs Brother, Property Brothers, HGTV Insider (2015), and Tiny House (2015). He also has a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, over 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 2 million followers on Facebook.
Andrew Alfred Scott
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Drew studied at the Thomas Haney Secondary School in Maple Ridge. Later, he graduated with a major in Kinesiology and a minor in Mathematics from the University of Calgary.
In 2004, he successfully completed a real estate program to become a licensed realtor. Drew also enrolled in classes for acting as well as voice & speech training in Vancouver.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Realtor, Entrepreneur, Singer, Author, Host
- Father – James Scott (Actor, Stuntman, Assistant Director)
- Mother – Joanne Scott (Paralegal)
- Siblings – James Daniel (Older Brother) (Host, Entrepreneur), Jonathan Scott (Identical Twin Older Brother) (Host, Entrepreneur, Author, Singer, Magician, Contractor)
Drew is managed by Scott Brothers Entertainment.
Drew has released his music via SB Records.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Drew has dated –
- During his teenage years, he and his brother Jonathan dated 2 sisters. Their relationships became annoying soon after and they eventually broke up.
- Linda Phan (2010-Present) – Drew and creative director Linda Phan met in 2010 at a Toronto Fashion Week event. Thereafter, the couple started dating and would seldom live in a house that he and his brother Jonathan had bought in Las Vegas in 2010. They are both workaholics and spend most of their time traveling and working together. In 2016, the couple got engaged to each other and on May 12, 2018, they finally tied the knot in Italy. In December 2021, it was announced that Linda was expecting her first child with Drew. On May 12, 2022, the couple was blessed with a son named Parker James Scott.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Drew has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Chase (2017)
- Dish Network
- HGTV commercial for “Insider Secrets”
- XFinity X1
He has also been a part of a PSA for Child Labor by World Vision.
Best Known For
- Starring in several films such as Under the Apple Box (2012) and the Great American Dream (2013)
- Co-producing and co-hosting the show Property Brothers and Brother vs Brother
- Co-writing the books It Takes Two: Our Story (2017) and Dream Home: The Property Brothers’ Ultimate Guide to Finding & Fixing Your Perfect House (2016), which was featured in the The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal bestseller lists
- Competing in the 25th season of Dancing with the Stars alongside dancer Emma Slater
As a Singer
Drew has contributed his voice and guitar skills to the release of 2 country songs, Hold On (2015) and Let the Light Shine In (2015).
Drew and his brother Jonathan have also released several singles including You Chose Me (2018) and My House (2017).
He made his theatrical film debut in the movie, Possession, in 2008. However, his part went uncredited.
His first credited theatrical appearance was made in the movie, Dancing Ninja, in 2010.
As a voice actor, Drew made his theatrical film debut as John in the movie, Girlfriend Experience, in 2008.
First TV Show
Drew made his debut TV show appearance in Breaker High in 1997.
Drew prefers to keep himself healthy and fit by making sure to exercise on a regular basis and maintain a nutritious diet.
When he’s at the gym, he does several exercises such as cycling, rope slams, single leg balance dumbbell shoulder press, and bench hop-overs. He also performs many exercises using a resistance band.
Drew Scott Facts
- Drew’s birth came as a surprise to his mother, as she didn’t know that she was pregnant with twins. He was brought into the world with his mother yelling “Oh Shit”.
- He is the youngest of the 3 siblings and was born just 4 minutes after his twin brother, Jonathan.
- Drew was 3 years old when he learned to ride a horse.
- His father immigrated to Canada from Scotland when he was a teenager to fulfill his dream of becoming a cowboy.
- Drew grew up on a horse farm in Maple Ridge. Later, they moved to Alberta and then to Calgary to start college.
- At the age of 7, he and his brother started their own company named JAM Enterprises and sold nylon covered hangers. JAM is short for “Jon-Andrew-Mom”. They sold the hangers using the original canvassing sales technique going door-to-door until they were contacted by an American paraphernalia store located in Japan.
- While in school, he was exceptionally good at basketball and volleyball and would often coach the teams.
- He was 18 years old when he and his brother bought their first house with a down payment of $250. The boys flipped the house and sold it for a profit of $50,000 the next year.
- Drew began his career as an entertainer while he was still quite young. He also worked as an apprentice clown and charged people Can$100 for an hour.
- His passion to set up a career in real estate began after he and his brother saw real estate investor Carleton Sheets in an infomercial. However, at that time, the idea of getting into real estate was only to back them up when they did not have an acting job.
- He has also worked as a flight attendant, personal trainer, bikini store manager, busboy, website designer, and mall cop.
- In 2002, he and Jonathan started an independent production company called Dividian Production Group. However, in 2010, they renamed the company to Scott Brothers Entertainment.
- In 2003, Drew was hired as a basketball coach by a college in Alberta despite his long-term retirement from the sport due to the injuries that he had sustained in the past. However, after a short while, he quit the job and went back to real estate.
- In 2004, he and his brother started a home decor, consulting, and property dealing company called the Scott Real Estate Inc.
- Since his early teens, Drew wanted to become an actor. However, his involvement in real estate started to stray him away and he moved to Vancouver to be able to focus on his dreams.
- While pursuing his passion to become an actor in Vancouver, he went into a $100,000 debt. In order to cover up the expenses, he started the Scott Real Estate Inc. in Vancouver as well.
- In 2012, he won the Shooting Stars Celebrity challenge.
- Drew was the first brother to be offered a role in a show into the entertainment industry when he was selected to compete in Realtor Idol.
- In 2017, whatever he and his brother earned from their single My House, was donated it to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- He was selected to compete on Dancing With The Stars in 2017. He made it all the way to the finals but wrapped up his journey at the 4th position.
- In the past, he and his brother amassed the 2nd largest crowd at the Mall of America, first being by the popular boy band, One Direction.
- In 2014, they were listed on People‘s Men of the Year list.
- In the past, he had created short vine videos with viners such as Vincent Marcus, Manon Mathews, and Sara Hopkins.
- Growing up, Drew would practice basketball at least 4 to 5 hours a day.
- He is a huge fan of The Walking Dead series.
- Drew is a numismatist and also enjoys collecting Medieval weapons. He was 10 years old when he bought his first 3 swords.
- Being identical twins, the only way to tell them apart is Jonathan being almost an inch taller than Drew.
- He and his twin brother Jonathan stood alongside former First Lady Michelle Obama on the 5th annual campaign of Let’s Read Let’s Move.
- In college, he once jumped 43 inches high.
- He has dual citizenship of Canada and the United Kingdom.
- In the past, he started the Grizzles NBA team to help raise money for youth charities.
- He has attained a 2nd-degree black belt in karate and has won several Canadian National Karate championships.
- Drew learned to play the guitar from his father.
- Visit his official website @ drewandjonathan.com.
- Follow Drew Scott on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, YouTube.
Featured Image by Drew Scott / Instagram