|Zendaya Coleman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1996|
Zendaya Coleman is an American actress, voiceover artist, singer, dancer, producer, writer, and fashion designer who rose to fame after she portrayed the role of Rocky Blue on the Disney Channel sitcom Shake It Up (2010–2013). Zendaya started as a fashion model and a back-up performer and went on to become a role model for most of the youth of the U.S. With her dynamic personality and bold approach, she became the favorite of many directors from both – the movie and the music industry. It was no surprise when she was called the “scene-stealer” by John DeFore of The Hollywood Reporter, while David Ehrlich of IndieWire called her the film’s “MVP,” meaning most valuable person, despite her small on-screen time in the movie Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Zendaya is known for her fashionable sense of styling, whether on or off the carpet she is a head-turner. It earned her the attention of the likes of Tommy Hilfiger, Madonna, and others.
Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman (Pronounced as zen-DAY-uh and not zen-DIE-uh)
Daya, Z, Zen, Boo, Rocky
Oakland, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
As a part of her education, she has attended Oakland School for the Arts in Oakland, California. She has also received training at the California Shakespeare Theater, the CalShakes Conservatory Program, and the American Conservatory Theater.
Singer, Actress, Voiceover Artist, Dancer, Producer, Writer, Fashion Designer
- Father – Kazembe Ajamu (b. Samuel David Coleman) (Former teacher and Zendaya’s manager)
- Mother – Claire Marie (Stoermer) (Worked as house manager at California Shakespeare Theater)
- Siblings – She has zero full siblings.
- Others – Phillip Hilary Stoermer (Maternal Grandfather), Daphne Carol Whitelaw (Maternal Grandmother), Katianna Stoermer Coleman (Older Paternal Half-Sister), Austin Stoermer Coleman (Older Paternal Half-Brother), Julien Stoermer Coleman (Older Paternal Half-Brother), AnnaBella Stoermer Coleman (Older Paternal Half-Sister), Kaylee Stoermer Coleman (Older Paternal Half-Sister)
She is represented by –
- Kazembe Ajamu Coleman (Her father), Manager
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Hollywood, Republic Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zendaya has dated –
- Adam Irigoyen (2011) – Shake It Up co-star, Adam dated Zendaya in 2011. They first met on the set of Shake It Up and commenced dating in September 2011.
- Leo Howard (2013) – Actor Leo Howard dated the singer in 2013 when they also met on the set of Shake It Up. Leo did a recurring role in the third season of this sitcom as Logan Hunter. Their dating relationship period is believed to be from March 17, 2013, up to April 28, 2013. They are just good friends now.
- Trevor Jackson (2013) – Actor, singer Trevor was RUMORed to be dating Zendaya in the summer of 2013. She was featured in Trevor Jackson’s music video “Like We Grown.” On June 2, 2013, the pair was spotted in Los Angeles taking a golf lesson.
- Spencer Boldman (2014) – She was RUMORed to be dating actor Spencer Boldman briefly around July-August 2014.
- Odell Beckham Jr. (2016) – In 2016, American football player, Odell Beckham Jr. and Zendaya were RUMORed to have had an encounter.
- Tom Holland (2016-2018, 2021-Present) – Zendaya is called the queen of secrecy as she had always maintained the privacy of her personal life. It was again rumored that Zendaya was dating her co-star from Spider-Man: Far From Home right from when the shooting of the movie started. The rumor oozed out when he was spotted getting cozy with a family friend, Olivia Bolton. In 2021, Zendaya and Tom were again rumored to be dating after they were spotted kissing in Tom‘s car while driving around Los Angeles.
- Jacob Elordi (2019-2020) – Zendaya was seen cozying up with Jacob Elordi, her Euphoria co-star on her 23rd birthday in Greece. She was on vacation with her friends.
Zendaya posted a photo of Jacob with her dog, which she captioned as the best thing she could wake up to. They had split by September 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry on her father’s side and is of German, Irish, English, and Scottish descent on her mother’s side.
- Acting finesse
- Alluring persona
- Coleman has appeared in the iCarly toys commercial. You can see her as a backup dancer in the Sears TV commercial, featuring Selena Gomez.
- Zendaya worked as a fashion model before and has advertised for Mervyns, Macy’s, and Old Navy.
- She has endorsed the brand Beats and appeared in their advert “Dr. Dre Beats” with Lil Wayne and Lebron James (Basketball player) in September 2012.
- Zendaya also endorses X-Out, Madonna‘s clothing line Material Girl, CoverGirl, and Chi Hair Care.
- In February 2022, Zendaya was featured in Squarespace‘s “Super Bowl” commercial.
- In August 2022, Zendaya was featured in a new campaign for Valentino.
She is speculated to be a Christian.
Best Known For
Her performance on sitcom Shake It Up as Rocky Blue.
Zendaya released her debut studio album titled Zendaya in September 2013.
She voiced the role of Fern in the TV special broadcast of 30 minutes titled Pixie Hollow Games in 2011.
In 2017, she made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Michelle “MJ” Jones, a snarky yet brilliant classmate of Peter Parker, in the action superhero film, Spider-Man: Homecoming, in which she co-starred alongside Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Jon Favreau, Gwyneth Paltrow, Donald Glover, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Marisa Tomei, Robert Downey Jr., and others.
First TV Show
From 2010 to 2013, she had a lead role in the American sitcom Shake It Up for her role as Rocky Blue.
She does not have a personal trainer. However, she has been seen in her workout clothes, sweatpants outside. Zendaya must be taking proper care of her diet too. She is a vegetarian by choice.
Zendaya Coleman Favorite Things
- Singer – Michael Jackson
- Actor – Johnny Depp
- TV Show – Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Book – So B. It (By Sarah Weeks in 2004)
Source – IMDb, Wikia.com
Zendaya Coleman Facts
- Zendaya means to give thanks in Shona, which is a Bantu language native to Shona people of Zimbabwe.
- She has worked as a fashion model before. That is how she gave a kick start to her career.
- On August 6, 2013, Zendaya launched her first book entitled Between U and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence.
- She is a good dancer and served as a member for three years in the dance group Future Shock Oakland.
- Dancing, singing, and clothes designing include her interests.
- Zendaya was made the brand ambassador of Convoy of Hope in 2012. She had mostly celebrated her birthdays to raise funds for charity work. Her 18th birthday was attributed to raising funds to feed hungry children in Haiti, Tanzania, and the Philippines through feedONE and the 20th birthday to support Convoy’s Women’s Empowerment Initiative.
- She had a dog of Giant Schnauzer breed, named “Midnight” which passed away in late 2015. Zendaya then got a dog named “Noon”.
- She signed a deal with Hollywood Records in 2012.
- She had performed dances like Hula and hip hop when she was with the dance group Future Shock Oakland.
- She finished second in season 16 of the reality TV show Dancing with the Stars in 2013.
- In February 2015, at the 87th Academy Award, Giuliana Rancic passed a joke at Zendaya saying her hair smelled that of “patchouli oil” and “weed”. Zendaya took to Instagram and gracefully answered her, saying – most successful people have “locs,” a hairstyle that has nothing to do with drugs.
- Mattel, an American toy manufacturing company, honored Zendaya with her own Barbie, copying the actress’ Oscars’ look.
- In August 2015, Zendaya introduced her shoe collection, Daya, under her childhood nickname. In November 2016, she launched her own clothing line named, Daya by Zendaya.
- Zendaya was named one of the best-dressed women by the fashion website Net-a-Porter in 2018.
- October 2018 saw Tommy Hilfiger signing Zendaya as the brand’s new global women’s ambassador. She appeared in the mainline campaigns and designed Tommy x Zendaya capsule collections.
- In 2019, she started playing the leading role of Rue Bennett, a recovering teenage drug addict struggling to find her place in the world, in the teen drama television series, Euphoria. For this role, she won the 2020 Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” and became the youngest winner ever in the Best Drama Actress category as well as the second woman of African descent to win the award, after Viola Davis.
- Zendaya owes her confidence to the HBO series Euphoria. She said that it allowed her to push her limits as an actor and show her creativity.
- Zendaya was given the Visionary Award at the Green Carpet Fashion Awards 2020.
- She graced the cover of GQ magazine’s February 2021 issue.
- During the 2021 Critics Choice Awards, she was honored with the SeeHer award, which recognizes women who push boundaries and defies stereotypes in the entertainment industry.
- Zendaya didn’t attend the 2021 Met Gala because she was working on Euphoria, drama series.
- In October 2021, Zendaya was honored with the “Crystal Award” at the 2021 Women in Film Honors: Trailblazers of the New Normal.
- In November 2021, she was honored with the “Fashion Icon” award at the 2021 CFDA Fashion Awards.
- Her mother runs her own handmade jewelry brand, Kizzmet Jewellery which Zendaya is often seen wearing.
- In December 2021, Zendaya and her then-boyfriend Tom Holland had purchased a house in Richmond, South West London, United Kingdom for £3 million. They were planning to spend £250,000 on renovation to include a gym, cinema, and man cave. Apart from this, Zendaya also has a £3 million home in Los Angeles, U.S.
- In March 2022, Zendaya was featured on the cover of W Magazine‘s “Directors issue”.
- In March 2022, Zendaya and Dominic Fike teamed up for a new version of Elliot’s Song.
- In July 2022, Zendaya got stitches on her index finger after she attempted to cook food in the kitchen.
- During the 2022 Emmy Awards, she won the award for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” for her work in Euphoria. With this, she became the youngest “Lead Actress” two-time winner at the Emmys.