|Tony Oller Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1991|
Tony Oller is an American singer, songwriter, actor, voice artist, and producer who has been half of the pop duo named MKTO with Malcolm David Kelley. The duo has released albums, extended plays, and tracks such as MKTO, God Only Knows, Classic, Hands Off My Heart/Places You Go, Party with My Friends, American Dream, How Can I Forget, Thank You, Marry Those Eyes, How Much, and Simple Things. Moreover, Tony Oller has also played Travis in the teen thriller black comedy film Beneath the Darkness, Walt Moore in the comedy-drama series Gigantic, Daniel “Danny” Neilson/Romeo in the Disney Channel show As the Bell Rings, Henry in the dystopian action horror film The Purge, Nicholas Albertson in the police procedural series CSI: NY, and Jesse Beck in the television film Unanswered Prayers.
Anthony Michael Oller
Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Tony Oller went to these schools –
- Emmott Elementary
- John Muir Middle School
- Campbell Middle School
- Cy High School
- Cy-Fair High School
In 2009, he graduated from Cy-Fair High School in Debate with honors.
He polished up his acting skills by joining Young Actors Space in Van Nuys, California.
He also took dance classes from The Millennium Dance Complex. Plus, he took comedy and improvisation classes at The Groundlings Theater in Los Angeles.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Jeff Oller
- Mother – Mary Anne (née Brown)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Fred Oller, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Lou Wagner (Paternal Grandmother), William “Bill” Brown (Maternal Grandmother), Rosemary Arneson (Maternal Grandmother)
Tony Oller has been represented by –
- Principato Young Entertainment
- Silver Lining Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony Oller has dated –
- Nicole Gale Anderson (2007) – Tony Oller was in a relationship with actress Nicole Gale Anderson in 2007. Their relationship became public after they were pictured watching a baseball match.
- Carlson Young (2008-2009) – Tony started going out with actress Carlson Young in April 2008. They made numerous public appearances and went on several dates before going separate ways 2009 end.
- Emily Osment (2009-2010) – Tony was reported to be dating actress and singer Emily Osment after they were first spotted at the Los Angeles Dodgers match. They started dating in 2009 and split sometime later in 2010.
- Chloe Bennet (2012) – Oller started going with actress Chloe Bennet in May 2012. Chloe made their relationship public with a series of social media pictures. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond that year.
- Lucy Hale (2014-2015) – The rumors of Oller dating actress Lucy Hale started swirling around in December 2014 after their fans saw their series of flirty exchanges on social media. They were reported to have been close friends well before they started going out.
Race / Ethnicity
Tony Oller is of German, English, Irish, and Norwegian descent.
- A beauty mark on the right side of the forehead
- Dimpled smile (especially on left cheek)
Tony has been seen in the TV commercials for –
- Hasbro’s Transformers Unicorn product line (2004)
- Amazon Fire Phone, etc.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Walt Moore in the comedy-drama TV show Gigantic
- Being cast in the supporting role in a dystopian horror film, The Purge (2013)
As a Singer
Tony Oller was part of the American pop duo MKTO along with Malcolm David Kelley. They released their debut studio album, MKTO in January 2014. The album managed to peak at #1 on Australian music charts. In March 2017, Oller took to Twitter to reveal that the band had decided to split. However, in 2018, they had reunited.
In 2007, he collaborated with Demi Lovato for his first single, Shadow, which was part of the Disney TV series album, As the Bell Rings.
In 2007, he debuted with a minor role as Lloyd at 13 in the film I Flunked Sunday School.
First TV Show
In 2007, he was seen in the role of Daniel Neilson in the Disney Channel Original Series As the Bell Rings.
Tony Oller regularly works out at his gym in Los Angeles to keep his fitness up. His workout includes everything – cardio, strength and weight training exercises, and core work.
His fitness and ripped physique can also be attributed to the karate training he took while growing up. He has managed to achieve 4 belts in this martial arts discipline.
He has also undertaken tap dance training, which qualifies as one of the best cardio workouts.
When it comes to diet, he makes sure that he is eating clean and green. The focus is to eat a generous amount of protein to supplement the workout routine. He also eats lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Tony Oller Favorite Things
- Major League Baseball Team – San Francisco Giants
- Car – Ford Mustang
- Baseball Positions – Right field and pitcher
- Food – Macaroni and Cheese
- Sports – Baseball
- Band – Paramore
Source – IMDb, PopSugar Australia, TV.com
Tony Oller Facts
- Tony Oller started playing saxophone when he was in the 6th grade. During his freshman year in high school, he was a part of the school marching band.
- He likes collecting belt buckles and his personal collection amounts to more than 80 buckles. He showed many of those in the series, As the Bell Rings.
- In 2008, Teen Magazine included him in the “50 Hottest Male Stars” list in the special winter edition of the magazine.
- In his senior year in high school, he was awarded a letterman jacket for Radio & TV.
- He started taking classes for musical theater performances at the age of 10. He has also taken classical training in singing and as a tenor has been trained in pop and belt style.
- In 2010, he joined hands with one of his filmmaker friends to establish an independent film company, Imperial Vantage.
- While studying in high school, he worked as a cashier at the hardware store and as a supervisor at the children’s indoor inflatable playground.
- At the age of 21, he established his own entertainment company named “Oller Entertainment, Inc.”
- He gave his first movie audition at the age of 10 by giving a test for the role of Dennis Quaid‘s son in “The Rookie.” However, he didn’t get the role.
- In Kindergarten, he got admitted to the Boy Scouts as a Tiger Cub. Over the years, he managed to rise to the Second Class rank in the Boy Scouts.
- In 2008, Cosmo Girl Magazine included him on the list of “Hot 100 Celebrities”.
- In 2008, he was named the youth ambassador for the St. Jude Hospital Power of Youth event, which aimed to raise funds for the St. Jude Children’s Cancer & Research Hospital.
- On the eve of his 24th birthday, he got a big black and white tattoo on the right arm of a man peeking through the door.
- In 2018, he appeared as Henry (flashbacks) in the dystopian action thriller film, The First Purge, which is the 4th installment in the Purge franchise.
- In August 2021, Tony announced on Twitter that he was leaving MKTO. The last song of the band MKTO was How Much, released in May 2020.