|Tig Notaro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1971|
Tig Notaro is an American stand-up comic, writer, radio personality, and actress whose critically acclaimed comedy albums Live (2012) and Tig Notaro: Boyish Girl Interrupted (2015) have both been nominated for Grammy Awards. In 2016, she had published her memoir titled I’m Just a Person.
Mathilde O’Callaghan Notaro
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Venice, Los Angeles, California, United States
Tig had dropped out of high school and had eventually cleared her GED (General Educational Development tests that provide certification of high school-level academic skills) in 1990.
Stand-up Comic, Writer, Radio Personality, Actress
- Father – Pasquale Walker ‘Pat’ Notaro
- Mother – Mathilde ‘Susie’ Cusack (née O’Callaghan) (d. March 29, 2012)
- Siblings – Renaud Notaro (Older Brother) (Radio Host)
- Others – Lauric Cusack (Step-Father), John Fitzpatrick (Maternal Great Great Grandfather) (Mayor of New Orleans from 1892 to 1896) (d. April 8, 1919), Gloria Steinem (Distant Cousin) (Journalist, Socio-Political Activist), Anthony Louis Notaro (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Mildred Rawls (Paternal Grandmother), William James O’Callaghan (Maternal Grandfather), Mathilde Adelaide Fitzpatrick (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tig has dated –
- Stephanie Allynne (2013-Present) – Tig had married actress, writer, and comedian Stephanie Allynne, 14 years her junior, on October 24, 2015. They had first met on the sets of the 2013 comedy film titled In a World… and had started dating soon after, eventually getting engaged on January 1, 2015. On June 26, 2016, their twin sons named Finn Notaro and Max Notaro were born via surrogacy. In July 2015, a Netflix movie called Tig was released, which had depicted the couple’s attempts to become pregnant.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish, one-quarter Italian/Sicilian, English, French, and German descent.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, neck-length hair
- Affable smile
Tig Notaro Facts
- She was a late starter in the stand-up comedy world and had not released an album until she was 40 years old. In the 1990s, she used to run a talent booking and management company called Tignation Promotions, in Denver, Colorado. Her work of promoting bands had taken her to Los Angeles where she had tried stand-up comedy for the first time, in the late 90s.
- Her nickname of ‘Tig’ was given to her by her brother when she was 2 years old.
- She is a keen musician as well, having worked in local bands as a youngster, and can play the guitar and drums.
- In July 2012, she was diagnosed with cancer in both breasts. A month later, she had addressed her situation and her travails at a live stage show in Los Angeles, a performance that was praised by many comedians.
- She later underwent a double mastectomy with no reconstructive surgery and no chemotherapy. She had opted to get treated through the process of hormone-blocking. Although she had later required surgery for a cyst, she had become cancer-free by mid-2016.
- In 2015, a documentary film titled Knock Knock, It’s Tig Notaro was released, documenting her struggles with cancer. The following year, she had adopted a vegan diet which she has often credited for eliminating the chronic pain that she had experienced during and after her battle with cancer.
Featured Image by Tig Notaro / Instagram