|Gwyneth Paltrow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1972|
Gwyneth Paltrow is an American actress, producer, voiceover artist, businesswoman, and author who has received several prestigious awards including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Primetime Emmy Award for her notable work in projects like Shakespeare in Love, Glee, Emma, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Shallow Hal. Moreover, she has also gained popularity with her role as Pepper Potts in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Gwyneth Kate Paltrow
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Gwyneth attended Crossroads School in Santa Monica, California. After that, she enrolled at Spence School, which is a private girls’ school in NYC. Paltrow, then, studied Anthropology at the University of California. But, it was for a short duration only because she was attracted to make her career in the field of acting and so she dropped out.
Actress, Author (Food Writer), Singer, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Businesswoman
She is signed to –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Lighthouse Management and Media, Inc., Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Father – Bruce Paltrow (Film Producer/Director)
- Mother – Blythe Danner (Actress)
- Siblings – Jake Paltrow (Younger Brother) (Film Director, Screenwriter, Actor)
- Others – Arnold P. Paltrow (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy S. Weigert (Paternal Grandmother), Harry Earl Danner (Maternal Grandfather), Katherine M. Kile (Maternal Grandmother), Katherine Moennig (Half-Cousin), Gabrielle Giffords (Second Cousin) (Former US Congresswoman), Taryn Simon (Sister-In-Law) (Multidisciplinary Artist)
Rock, Pop/Rock, Stage, and Screen
She has released her songs via Hollywood Records and independently. She has mostly performed covers of the existing songs.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paltrow has dated –
- Robert Sean Leonard (1991-1992) – Leonard, an American actor dated for quite some time from 1991 to 1992.
- Donovan Leitch Jr. (1993-1995) – She was romantically involved with actor Donovan Leitch Jr. between 1993 and 1995.
- Brad Pitt (1994-1997) – From December 1994, Pitt and Paltrow dated. They met on the set of the 1995 movie, Seven. The duo dated till mid-1997 (around June 1997). They also got engaged during this period on December 20, 1996. But, the engagement broke off after 6 months as Gwyneth was not ready for marriage.
- Viggo Mortensen (1997) – Paltrow was RUMORed to have hooked up with Danish-American actor Viggo Mortensen after they worked together on A Perfect Murder.
- Ben Affleck (1997-2000) – American actor Ben Affleck dated Paltrow from November 1997 to October 2000. During these years, the relationship sometimes broke up too. So, it was On again, OFF again kind of relationship. They had an on-screen appearance in the movie Bounce, released in 2000.
- Scott Speedman (1998) – It was rumored that she had a fling with British-Canadian actor Scott Speedman in 1998.
- Chris Heinz (2000-2001)
- James Purefoy (2002) – Rumor
- Bryan Adams (2002) – Rumor
- Felipe de Borbón (2002) – Rumor
- Luke Wilson (2001-2002) – She met Luke on the set of the 2001 movie The Royal Tenenbaums and they started dating soon after. But, this relationship also saw an end the following year.
- Chris Martin (2002-2014) – In October 2002, she met with English singer Chris Martin, a member of British rock group Coldplay during his concert. They married on December 5, 2003, during a ceremony in a hotel in Southern California. Now, the couple has 2 children – daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin (b. 2004) and son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin (b. 2006). Paltrow announced on March 25, 2014, that she and Chris have separated now.
- Daniel Henney (2006) – While Gwyneth was still married to Chris, she was RUMORed to have had an affair with actor Daniel Henney. They met while doing endorsement work for Bean Pole International.
- Brad Falchuk (2014-Present) – After splitting from Chris Martin, Gwyneth started dating film director, Brad Falchuk in 2014. In April 2015, she made her relationship with Brad public during a birthday party. Later, on January 8, 2018, they revealed that they were engaged. In September 2018, the couple got married in a small and private ceremony in The Hamptons on Long Island, New York.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her father’s side and has German, Swiss-German, English, and Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Deep husky voice
- Often plays British characters
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
11 (US) or 41.5 (EU) or 8.5 (UK)
Coach (She has been the face of the American brand), Estée Lauder’s Pleasures perfume (2005)
Best Known For
Playing different roles in movies like Sliding Doors (1998), Shakespeare in Love (1998), Iron Man series (2008-), The Avengers (2012). In 2011, she also won an Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series” for playing the role as Holly Holliday on the TV show Glee in the episode titled “The Substitute”.
She has not released any album. But, has contributed in singing various songs such as “Cruisin” (with Huey Lewis) in 2000, “Bette Davis Eyes” in 2000, “Country Strong” in 2010, “Me and Tennessee” (with Tim McGraw) in 2011. Paltrow has also appeared in the music video for this song.
She also did some singles with the cast of the TV series “Glee” in 2010 and 2011.
There are numerous album appearances like “Waiting on June” (with Holly Williams) in 2013, “This Woman’s Work” in 2011, etc.
1991 film Shout for her role as Rebecaa. The film starred John Travolta. For this movie, he was also nominated for Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor.
First TV Show
She debuted on television with the mini TV series Thomas Jefferson. For this, she gave her voice to the character, Jefferson’s granddaughter. It was all done in 1997.
She likes to keep her fitness routine simple. Paltrow does a lot of cardio to keep her slim. On average, 60 minutes daily for four days a week is sufficient. She believes in lifting weights, which are not more than 3 lbs as weight training is for body toning. She doesn’t want to look muscular like bodybuilders. She avoids processed foods. Catch her full workout schedule and diet plan.
“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.”
“The simpler things are, the happier they are.”
Gwyneth Paltrow Facts
- Her father is Jewish while her mother is Christian.
- She was raised with both cultures.
- Paltrow was born in LA but raised in Santa Monica, United States.
- She can speak Spanish.
- She has explained the reason for the unusual name of her daughter “Apple” on Oprah’s show. She said that Apple sounded sweet and clean to her. So, she kept this name.
- She is the owner of Goop.com, a lifestyle company.
- Paltrow suffered from postpartum depression after giving birth to her son, Moses in 2006.
- With Mario Batali, she has co-authored the book “Spain…A Culinary Road Trip” in 2008. Other books from Paltrow include “My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness” released in 2011, “Notes From the Kitchen Table” in 2011, “It’s All Good: Delicious Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great” released in 2013. She has mainly written cookbooks.
- Gwyneth is the artist ambassador for Save the Children. She is connected with the “Robin Hood Foundation” (works on the motive to remove poverty) as well.
- She used to smoke 1 cigarette weekly. By 2018, she had changed her habit.
- She has practiced Transcendental Meditation.
- She is friends with Madonna, Winona Ryder, Cameron Diaz, and Helena Christensen.
- In 2017, she accused Harvey Weinstein of making unwanted s*xual advances toward her during the filming of the 1996 comedy movie, Emma.
- In December 2020, Gwyneth revealed in a SiriusXM interview that she was starstruck with Meg Ryan when she was new in the industry.
- The part reason, she left acting was Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein. She revealed this in December 2020 during her appearance at SiriusXM.