|Blythe Danner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1943|
Blythe Danner is an American actress who is widely recognized for having starred in various films such as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008), a number of TV shows including Up All Night (2011–2012) and numerous plays like The Philadelphia Story (1980–1981). Blythe is the recipient of many accolades, for instance, multiple Primetime Emmy Awards.
Blythe Katherine Danner
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
She attended George School in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, graduating in 1960. She then studied acting and earned her degree from Bard College.
- Father – Harry Earl Danner (Bank Executive)
- Mother – Katharine née Kile
- Siblings – Harry Danner (Brother) (Opera Singer & Actor), Dorothy “Dottie” Danner (Sister) (Performer & Director)
- Others – Moses Martin (Grandson) (Media Personality), Apple Martin (Granddaughter) (Media Personality), Katherine Moennig (Half-niece) (Actress)
She has been represented by Anonymous Content and Don Buchwald & Associates, Inc.
Her net worth was $40 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Bruce Paltrow (1969-2002) – She had tied the knot with producer and director Bruce Paltrow on December 14, 1969. They were married until his demise in October 2002. They had a daughter together named Gwyneth Paltrow and a son named Jake Paltrow.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German, English-Barbadian, and Irish descent.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Sharp nose
- Thin lips
She has appeared in commercials for several brands such as Prolia.
Blythe Danner Favorite Things
- Means To Unwind – Transcendental meditation having found it to be very helpful and comforting
Source – Wikipedia
Blythe Danner Facts
- She has affirmed that jazz singing was her first love as a performer. However, she had hurt her voice while doing her debut Broadway play. She had a very high-pitched voice that she had lowered for her character, not knowing it would get her in trouble. She ended up getting stuck with a raspy and husky voice.
- Blythe has frequently portrayed rich, sophisticated women, who are usually socialite or intellectual types.
- Blythe has been the first actress ever to get nominated for 3 Emmy awards in the same year, 2005.
- She has been delighted to notice that there is no dearth of rich women roles on Broadway. She has cherished doing such roles as in The Country House where her part had been wonderful and three-dimensional where she had to essay the gamut of emotions from heartbreaking to hilarious.
- Danner has noticed that she has started to see life very differently after turning 70, having wondered how big the tree would grow and if she would see her granddaughter graduate from high school. Blythe has recalled having lacked confidence all her life. She would always find that she felt better and more fully who she was when she would be a character on stage than in real life. She has revealed that with age, however, she has become more comfortable in her womanhood and has found it fascinating to have eventually felt grown up.
- Blythe has co-starred with her daughter in a number of movies including Cruel Doubt (1992) and Sylvia (2003).
- She has disclosed that like her character in the film I’ll See You In My Dreams, she has also been happy being alone. Blythe has felt blessed to have loved her own company. She has added that she is quite a loner, having had friends, but never been a social bug. She has found out the list of books she has to read.
- In the past, Blythe was diagnosed with adenoid cystic carcinoma, which is a rare form of oral cancer. In November 2022, she revealed that she was in remission. She also revealed that her late husband, Bruce, also had the same cancer.
Featured Image by GroovyHistory / Instagram