|Katherine Moennig Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1977|
Katherine Moennig is an American actress who is well known for her portrayal of Shane McCutcheon in The L Word (2004-2009). She has also starred in several other popular television series such as Young Americans (2000), Three Rivers (2009-2010), and Ray Donovan. When she’s not on the screen, she is regarded for her quintessential tomboyish s*x appeal. Katherine has amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Katherine Sian Moennig
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Katherine studied at the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur in Villanova, Pennsylvania. Later, she moved to New York to study at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Father – William H. Moennig III (Violin Maker)
- Mother – Mary Zahn (Broadway Dancer)
- Siblings – Pamela Moennig (Sister), William Moennig (Brother)
- Others – Blythe Danner (Paternal Half-aunt) (Actress), Gwyneth Paltrow (Cousin) (Actress, Businesswoman), Harry Danner (Paternal Half-uncle) (Actor), Jake Paltrow (Paternal Cousin) (Director, Producer, Actor), William Heinrich Moennig, Jr (Paternal Grandfather), Katherine M. Kile (Maternal Grandmother)
Katherine is represented by –
- Jennifer Wiley of Framework Entertainment
- IFA Talent Agency
- Michael McConnell of Innovative Artists
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry with a hint of Scottish and Irish descent.
She is probably a ‘lesbian’.
Beautiful face shape
Katherine has done endorsement work for several brands including Clairvoyance 138 Water and Wildfang.
She also made an appearance in a Flee Bank commercial in 2002 and a public service announcement campaign by Red Cross.
Best Known For
Starring in several TV shows such as Law & Order, The L Word, Three Rivers, and Ray Donovan
Katherine made her theatrical film debut as Grace Moosup in the drama film The Shipping News in December 2001.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Jacqueline ‘Jake’ Pratt in Young Americans in 2000.
She partakes in the sport of fencing, softball, and trains in boxing which are all great full body cardio exercises.
Katherine Moennig Favorite Things
- Actress She Worked With On ‘The L Word’ – Rosanna Arquette, Sarah Shahi
- Designers – Henry Duarte, Christine Ganeaux
- Clothing Stores – J Brand, Kin Boutique & Gallery
Source – LATimes.com, DapperQ.com
Katherine Moennig Facts
- She was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but at the age of 18, she moved to New York City.
- Growing up, she made friends with mostly boys, which is where she gets her tomboyish ways from.
- In her childhood days, Katherine had thought about becoming a doorman when she grew up.
- Katherine loves the company of animals and has 2 pets of her own – a cat named Charlie and dog named Floyd.
- She is a trained fencer and also plays softball along with her team “Buzzsox United”.
- Katherine and costar Leisha Hailey are close friends.
- If Katherine were not an actress, she would have become either marine biologist or would have joined the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Katherine constantly supports LGBT groups.
- In 2000, she appeared in the music video Is Anybody Home by Our Lady Peace.
- In 2006, Katherine was picked to play the role of “American Girl” in playwright Peter Morris’s play Guardians.
- She and actress Camila Grey are both DJ’s and often performed as a group.
- In 2017, she lent her voice to narrate her debut audiobook “The Last Show” written by novelist Michael Connelly.
Featured Image by Katherine Moennig / Instagram