|Michael Welch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1987|
Michael Welch is an American actor. He is best known for his role in TV series Joan of Arcadia (2003-2005) as Luke Girardi. Michael also played Mike Newton, a guy who has a crush on Bella (played by Kristen Stewart) in movies Twilight (2008), The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009), and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010).
Michael Alan Welch
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Siblings – Sarah née Welch (Older Sister) (Outreach Director/Optometrist). He also has a brother.
- Others – Paul (Brother-in-Law), Sarah (Niece), Sophie (Niece), Paul (Nephew), Sammy (Nephew)
Michael Welch is represented by –
- Kazarian/Measures/Ruskin & Associates (KMR Talent) (Talent Agent Theatrical) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- LoMoPro (Talent Agent Personal Appearance) in Plant City, Florida, United States
- Curtis Talent Management (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Welch has dated –
- Marissa Lefton (2008-2013) – Michael married a fellow actress, Marissa Lefton, in 2008. Even though they separated in 2011, they only filed for divorce on February 14, 2013, in California.
- Samantha Maggio (2013-Present) – He started dating a set dresser and health and wellness coach, Samantha Maggio, in 2013. They got engaged on June 30, 2015, at the Thirst Project Gala event, and got married on November 6, 2016. The couple has a daughter named Parker Ann. Michael has revealed they’re expecting a 2nd daughter, whom they’ll name River, to be born in late June 2020 or early July 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Russian Jewish/Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his maternal side and of Irish and/or English descent on his paternal side.
Currently, he has “Light Brown” hair.
- Birthmark on the eyelid of his left eye
Michael Welch has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Febreze (2001)
- Sylvan Learning Center (2002)
- Subway (2003)
- Cap’n Crunch
He has also pledged his support to The Thirst Project.
Michael Welch Favorite Things
- Comedians Of All Time (In Order From Absolute Favorite) – Steve Martin, Doug Stanhope, George Carlin, Brian Regan, Dave Chappelle, Norm Macdonald, Bill Burr, Chris Rock
- Basketball Players Of All Time (In Order From Absolute Favorite) – Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Russell, Kobe Bryant, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan, Shaquille O’Neal, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Palmer Robertson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kevin Durant, Jerry West, Stephen Curry
- Basketball Team – Los Angeles Lakers
- Household Appliance – Freezer
- Sugary Treat – Nutella Cream Spread
- Drink – Tea
- Quote – “Happiness is like jelly, you can’t spread it without getting a little on yourself.” – His nephew Paul
- Personal Quote – “Life is like a box of chocolates. It makes me horny.”
Source – Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram
Michael Welch Facts
- He was raised in “a cool family” with a Jewish mother and a Protestant father that didn’t impose religious rules upon him. He later decided to identify with his mother’s religion, Judaism.
- His ability to emulate different dialects and roles was one of the main reasons he got into acting.
- Michael won 2 Young Artist Awards, in 1999, when he was only 10 years old, and in 2004. The 1st was for the movie Star Trek: Insurrection (1998), while the 2nd was for the 1st season of the TV series Joan of Arcadia.
- Michael had to wear brown colored contacts when he played the role of a younger Colonel Jack O’Neill in the episode of Stargate SG-1 in 1997 because regular actor, Richard Dean Anderson, had brown eyes.
- After they starred in Joan of Arcadia (2003-2005) together, Michael became close friends with Aaron Himelstein, who played Friedman, and Chris Marquette, who played Adam Rove.
- Michael bought his 1st car in October 2004, a Toyota Prius.
- If he could drink a magic capsule, he would pick the one that allows him to eat without gaining weight.
Featured Image by Michael Welch / Instagram