|Wilt Chamberlain Quick Info|
|Height||7 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1936|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Wilt Chamberlain was an American basketball player who played for the Philadelphia/San Francisco Warriors, the Philadelphia 76ers, and the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Credited as one of the greatest players of all time, he was inducted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1978 and also became one of the “50 Greatest Players in NBA History” in 1996.
Wilton Norman Chamberlain
Wilt, Goliath, Wilt the Stilt, The Big Dipper
He was born on August 21, 1936.
Wilt Chamberlain passed away due to congestive heart failure at the age of 63 on October 12, 1999, in Bel Air, California, United States.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wilt Chamberlain attended Overbrook High School and then the University of Kansas. He was also a member of the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity, serving as the president of his pledge class.
Basketball Player, Actor, Businessman, Author
- Father – William Chamberlain (Welder, Custodian, Handyman)
- Mother – Olivia Ruth Johnson (Domestic Worker, Homemaker)
- Siblings – Oliver Chamberlain (Brother), Barbara Lewis (Sister), Yvonne Chamberlain (Sister), Margaret Lane (Sister), Selina Gross (Sister), Wilbert Chamberlain (Brother). Wilt had 2 more siblings.
- Others – Walter S. Chamberlain (Paternal Grandfather), Polly Owens (Paternal Grandmother), Jacob Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Ellen Archer (Maternal Grandmother)
He was managed by Seymour “Sy” Goldberg.
7 ft 1 in or 216 cm (Listed Height)
125-136 kg or 275.5-300 lbs (Listed Weight)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wilt Chamberlain had dated –
- Chelo Alonso
- June Wilkinson – RUMOR
- Annie Sprinkle
- Karen Balzary
- Kim Novak (1964)
- Edy Williams (1973)
Race / Ethnicity
Wilt Chamberlain was of African-American descent.
- Towering height
- Swift moves
He appeared in the TV commercials for the likes of VW Volkswagen (1980), TWA Airlines (1981), and Reebok (1993).
Wilt Chamberlain Favorite Things
- Nickname – The Big Dipper
Source – Wikipedia
Wilt Chamberlain Facts
- He was a sickly child who nearly died of pneumonia in his early years.
- He was shy and insecure during his teenage years but later went on to become a womanizer and his lawyer Seymour “Sy” Goldberg once said, “Some people collect stamps, Wilt collected women.”
- Wilt Chamberlain made his theatrical film debut by playing the role of Bombaata, the captain of Taramis’s guard, in the 1984 epic sword and sorcery film, Conan the Destroyer, in which he co-starred alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, Grace Jones, and others.
- He was friends with Bill Russell who declared at Wilt’s memorial service: “As far as I’m concerned, he and I will be friends through eternity.”
Featured Image by Fred Palumbo, World Telegram Staff Photographer / Library of Congress / Public Domain