|Kevin Durant Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kevin Durant is an American professional basketball player who has played for the Brooklyn Nets of the National Basketball Association (NBA) and is one of the highest-earning basketball players in the world. He has also been a part of teams like Seattle SuperSonics, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Golden State Warriors and has been selected to at least nine All-NBA teams and eleven NBA All-Star teams. Moreover, his finesse in the game has won him two NBA championships, an NBA Most Valuable Player Award, two Finals MVP Awards, two NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Awards, four NBA scoring titles, the NBA Rookie of the Year Award, and two Olympic gold medals. He was included in Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2018.
Kevin Wayne Durant
KD, Durant, The Durantula, K-Dog, The Second Coming
Washington, D.C., United States
Durant first attended National Christian Academy where he played for two years before he shifted to Oak Hill Academy. Before his senior year, Kevin decided to change his school and enrolled himself into Montrose Christian School.
After KD graduated from high school, he continued his education at the University of Texas where he played until 2007, when he decided to forgo the remaining college years in order to take a place in the 2007 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Wayne Pratt
- Mother – Wanda Durant
- Siblings – Rayvonne Pratt (Brother), Brianna Pratt (Sister), Tony Pratt (Brother)
- Others – Barbara Davis (Maternal Grandmother)
Kevin Durant is signed with Rich Kleiman.
He was previously signed with Aaron Goodwin and Rob Pelinka (Broke off the contract in 2013).
He has also been represented by Roc Nation Sports, Sports Management Company, New York City, New York, United States.
6 ft 9 in or 206 cm
109 kg or 240 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Durant has dated –
- Letoya Luckett (2011-2012) – RUMOR
- Monica Wright (2013-2014) – Kevin began dating the WNBA basketball player Monica Wright in January 2013 and after 6 months, they got engaged on July 7, 2013. However, their engagement didn’t last long as they called it off only a year after in July 2014.
- Joie Chavis (2014) – In September 2014, Kevin was RUMORed for having a fling with the American model Joie Chavis.
Race / Ethnicity
Kevin Durant is of African-American descent.
- Towering height
- Average build
Kevin Durant’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15½ in or 39½ cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Durant has signed sponsorship contracts with Nike, Gatorade, Sprint, 2K Sports, Panini, Neff Wear, Orange Leaf, American Family Insurance, BBVA Official Bank, and Sparkling ICE.
He has also appeared in TV commercials for Foot Locker, Sonic, Skullcandy, NBA, Sprint, etc.
Kevin visits the chapel prior to every match.
Also, he has religious tattoos on his wrist, back, and stomach.
Best Known For
His scoring abilities for which he was once described as “Scoring Prodigy” by John Hollinger. Also, Kevin has been recognized for his achievements as a player especially for winning the NBA MVP Award of the regular season in 2014.
First Basketball Match
Durant played his first official NBA match on October 31, 2007, when as a member of Seattle SuperSonics (Nowadays Oklahoma City Thunder), he lost to Denver Nuggets by 17 with the ending result being 103-120.
In his team’s defeat, Kevin spent 31:34 minutes on the court and scored 18 points.
- Speed, Movement
Kevin first acted in the short comedy movie Back for the Future (2011) as a Customer.
However, Durant had his first featured role in a film in 2012 when he performed as Kevin Durant in Thunderstruck. He co-starred in the film alongside Taylor Gray, Brandon T. Jackson, Doc Shaw, and Jim Belushi and the film’s plot follows a boy who magically gets Durant’s basketball skills and the duo must figure out how to return them.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Kevin appeared in two episodes of the sports talk show Rome Is Burning in 2007 and 2011 as himself.
As one of the most perspective and hardest working players in the NBA, Durant has been working on his game since day one. He was first coached by De Matha High School’s trainer Alan Stein with whom he managed to add serious muscle mass to his body. We do not know the exact training regime Durant follows, but we found several posts/videos on his workout sessions which can be seen on the following links –
Kevin Durant Favorite Things
- TV Show – Entourage (2004-2011)
- Hype song before a game – 8ball & MJG – Don’t Make
- Player – Vince Carter
- Movie – Twister (1996)
- Rapper – Biggie
- NBA Team – Toronto Raptors
- NFL Team – Washington Redskins
- MLB Team – Nationals
- Ice Cream Flavor – Strawberry
- Food – Crab Legs
- Female Sport – Volleyball
Source – SB Nation
Kevin Durant Facts
- His father Wayne left the family when Kevin was a baby. Later, that resulted in a divorce between his parents.
- When Kevin was 13, his father came back into his life and followed his son on all the basketball tournaments he played.
- As a kid, Durant wanted to play for Toronto Raptors.
- He had played AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) for a few teams in the Maryland area.
- He decided to wear 35 numbered jersey in honor of his AAU coach Charles Craig who was killed at the age of 35.
- Kevin was the MVP of the 2006 McDonald’s All-American Game.
- Durant was the first freshman ever to win the Naismith College Player of the Year award.
- He was picked as 2nd overall by the Seattle SuperSonics (Nowadays Oklahoma City Thunder).
- Durant achieved his first game-winning shot in a match against the Atlanta Hawks on November 16, 2007.
- Before the start of the 2010-2011 season, Kevin extended his contract with the Thunder for another five years for a total price of 86 million dollars.
- He won the 2012 NBA All-Star Game MVP.
- In February 2007, he was called to the USA national team basketball camp. Eventually, Kevin couldn’t make it into the final list of twelve players as USA’s coach Mike Krzyzewski picked off more experienced players.
- Durant led the United States to the 2010 FIBA World Championship title after, in the finals, they beat Turkey by 17 points with the ending score being 64-81. At the end of the tournament, Durant averaged 22.8 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.1 assists, and 1.4 steals per game.
- KD loves to play video games.
- In 2013, Kevin opened a restaurant in the Bricktown neighborhood of Oklahoma City by the name KD’s Southern Cuisine.
- In 2013, KD in collaboration with KIND Snacks opened the StrongAndKind.com website in order to show that “Being kind is not a sign of weakness.”
- In 2013, Kevin gave 1 million dollars to the American Red Cross in order to help the people who suffered from the Moore tornado.
- He is the spokesperson for the nonprofit after-school music program P’Tones Records.
- In May 2016, the movie The Real MVP: The Wanda Pratt Story was officially launched, in which he and his mother’s early lives were described in detail. He and his mother were portrayed by Daniel Bellomy and Cassandra Freeman.
- With $63.9 million as the income, Kevin was the 24th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- In March 2021, Kevin was playing in Grand Theft Auto’s New Hanover RP server and he invited his fans via Twitter to join him.
- In March 2021, he was accused of sending homophobic and misogynistic slurs in messages to comedian Michael Rapaport after Michael shared the screenshots of their direct messages on Instagram. Kevin later issued an apology and was fined $50,000 by the National Basketball Association.