|Robert Sean Leonard Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1969|
Robert Sean Leonard is an American actor who has performed in numerous films, TV series, and theater plays, and is perhaps best known for his work in the teen drama film Dead Poets Society (1989) and the medical drama TV series House (2004–2012).
Robert Lawrence Leonard
Westwood, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
New Jersey, United States
Robert had attended Ridgewood High School, a comprehensive public school in Ridgewood, Bergen County, New Jersey. After his high school graduation, he had joined Fordham University, a private Jesuit research university in New York City.
He had, later, also studied at the Columbia University School of General Studies, a liberal arts college, an undergraduate institution of the Columbia University, a private Ivy League research university in New York City.
He had studied theater at the HB Studio, a non-profit organization offering professional training in the performing arts, located in Greenwich Village, New York City.
- Father – Robert Howard Leonard
- Mother – Joyce Leonard
- Siblings – Kimberly Leonard (Sister), Sean Robert Leonard (Brother)
- Others – Howard Leonard (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Elizabeth Sugrue (Paternal Grandmother), Lawrence G. Peterson (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret May Sprouse (Maternal Grandmother)
Robert Sean Leonard’s net worth had been $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Robert has dated –
- Gwyneth Paltrow (1991-1992)
- Gabriella Salick (2008-Present) – Robert had married professional horse racer Gabriella Salick in July 2008. She has served as the executive director of the West Coast Active Riders. They have 2 daughters together named Eleanor Leonard (b. January 2009) and Claudia Leonard (b. June 2012). Eleanor was named after former child actress, environmentalist, and biologist Elinor Teresa Newman, the eldest child of the legendary actors, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. Robert had worked with both of them in the 1990 drama film Mr. and Mrs. Bridge where they were co-starring in lead roles.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, German, and Welsh descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-parted, wavy, tousled hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Robert Sean Leonard Facts
- As he had shared his birth name with another actor, Robert had taken his brother’s first name (Sean) as his middle name to become known as Robert Sean Leonard instead of Robert Lawrence Leonard. This was done to help him attain his Screen Actors Guild (SAG) membership.
- He grew up on the same block as fellow future actor Casper Van Dien. They used to race against each other in go-karts in their youth.
- Since childhood, he has been a very close friend of his Dead Poets Society (1989) and Tape (2001) co-star Ethan Hawke. They had co-founded, in 1991, the now-defunct Malaparte, a non-profit theater company based in New York City.
- In the film Dead Poets Society (1989), the father of Robert’s character had wanted him to be a doctor. He would, about 15 years later, play a doctor in the popular TV series House (2004-2012), ‘fulfilling’ his on-screen father’s wish. He was, in fact, the first actor who had been selected as a part of the main cast of House (2004-2012).
Featured Image by Robert Sean Leonard / Instagram