|Asif Ali Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 1986|
|Spouse||Zama Mazreen Ali|
Asif Ali is an Indian actor and producer who shot to fame after portraying the role of Sunny Immatty in the critically acclaimed Malayalam-language film Ritu (2009). He gained further recognition by continuing to work in the Mollywood film industry and starring in several other movies like Ithu Nammude Katha (2011) and by producing many films including the heist comedy Kohinoor (2015). Asif is the recipient of various accolades such as the Film Critics Awards in 2015 for “Special Jury for Best Actor”. He has accumulated more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Karikodu, Thodupuzha, Idukki, Kerala, India
He attended Marian College in Kuttikkanam in Idukki, Kerala, and acquired a graduation degree in Business Administration.
Actor, Film Producer
- Siblings – Askar Ali (Younger Brother) (Actor)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Zama Mazreen Ali (2013-Present) – He tied the knot with Zama in 2013. They have a son named Adam and a daughter named Haya.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beard and mustache
- Large and expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Spice Basket.
Asif Ali Favorite Things
- Films – Those by Sibi Malayil starring actor Mohanlal Viswanathan
Source – OTT Play
Asif Ali Facts
- While studying at college, he had modeled for commercials and worked as a VJ.
- On September 27, 2021, Asif and his family were granted a 10-year golden visa at an event held at the Dubai residence and immigration department.
- Asif has relished how his first film Ritu had touched upon various taboo topics and has been proud of how experimental movies are being made in the Malayalam language, too, and that the time has passed when such films were made only in Tamil. He has believed that Mollywood has consistently come up with the finest films among South Indian languages, which has inspired him to prefer doing Malayalam films.
- Asif has affirmed that he has enjoyed working for the movie Mahaveeryar, with an out-of-the-box concept, that also has actor and producer Nivin Pauly in the lead. He has admitted that he has been part of many multi-starrers over the years, and never felt an ounce of insecurity about sharing screen space with another actor, and in fact, considered it to have worked to his advantage.
- Ali has disclosed that while shooting Mahaveeryar, what had excited him the most was working with Nivin, as it was a long time after which he was not acting with people who are elder or younger than him, that had started to get monotonous. While shooting the movie for 45 to 60 days, he had a blast with his friend. He was acting together with Nivin after 9 years that had led to the wonderful realization of how much they had traveled in their lives and career.
- Asif has stated that he has seen each of his movies as the birth of a new child and has not been able to sleep on the eve of its release. He has inevitably felt devastated if it has failed and celebrated grandly when it has succeeded.
Featured Image by Asif Ali / Instagram