|Halsey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1994|
Halsey is an American singer, songwriter, actress, voiceover artist, and activist who is noted for her distinctive singing voice as well as for voicing for several causes including suicide prevention awareness, sexual assault victim advocacy, and racial justice protests. Over the years, she has released a wide range of discography that includes albums, tracks, and EPs like Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, Badlands, Room 93, Manic, New Americana, Now or Never, Without Me, You Should Be Sad, and Life’s a Mess (with Juice Wrld).
Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Halsey has majored in creative writing from a community college.
Singer, Songwriter, Activist, Actress, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Chris Frangipane
- Mother – Nicole Frangipane
- Siblings – Dante Frangipane (Younger Brother), Sevian Frangipane (Younger Brother)
- Others – Richard Jacobs (Maternal Grandfather), Annette Canace (Maternal Grandmother)
She shared her mom and dad’s pic on Twitter on April 19, 2014.
Her career has been managed by Jason Aron of Aron Projects.
She has been signed to several agencies –
- Code Agency – Europe
- Paradigm Agency
- AM Only
- Meredith Model & Talent Agency, Model and Talent Agency, Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Vocals, acoustic guitar
She can also play the cello, violin, and viola.
Astralwerks, Capitol Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Halsey has dated –
- Matty Healy (2013) – Singers Matty and Halsey were RUMORed to be romantically linked to each other in the past.
- LidoLido (2014) – Norwegian hip hop artist, rapper, and producer LidoLido dated Halsey in 2014.
- Josh Dun (2015) – Halsey was RUMORed to be dating another musician Josh Dun in 2015 after they were seen hanging out and looking cozy during outings.
- Ruby Rose (2015) – Australian model and actress Ruby Rose and Halsey were seen romancing in December 2015.
- Andrew Taggart (2016; 2017) – In August 2016, DJ Andrew Taggart and Halsey were romantically linked to each other. They didn’t confirm the relationship. Hence, it was a rumor. Andrew and Halsey were again seen together in January 2017 in Aspen in an Instagram update from Halsey.
- Ashton Irwin (2016) – Halsey was RUMORed to have had a fling with Australian drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer band, Ashton Irwin in the past.
- Jared Leto (2016) – During the 2016 Coachella Music Festival, actor Jared Leto and Halsey were RUMORed to have hooked up with each other.
- G-Eazy (2017-2018, 2018) – After collaborating for the song “Him And I”, the rapper G-Eazy and Halsey started dating each other in July 2017. He left Lana Del Rey to start his relationship with Halsey. Exactly after dating for 1 year, the couple called it quits in July 2018. In August 2018, they sparked dating rumors again when they left the VMAs together. After dating for 2 months, they again called it quits in October 2018.
- Machine Gun Kelly (2018) – In 2018, after Halsey split from G-Eazy, she was seen partying with rapper MGK (or Machine Gun Kelly).
- John Mayer (2018) – In November 2018, Halsey was rumored to be dating musician John Mayer. They are very good friends for a long time.
- Brigette Lundy-Paine (2018) – In December 2018, there were RUMORs that Halsey hooked up with actress Brigette Lundy-Paine.
- Yungblud (2019) – Halsey started dating singer Yungblud in 2019. The couple had even released a single together in 2019 titled 11 Minutes. They separated later in the year.
- Evan Peters (2019-2020) – In September 2019, she started going out with actor Evan Peters but the duo eventually separated the following year.
- Cara Delevingne (2020) – It is RUMORed that she had a fling with English model, actress, and singer Cara Delevingne in September 2020.
- Alev Aydin (2020-Present) – She started dating writer/producer Alev Aydin in 2020. They were first clicked together while shopping for art supplies in October 2020. In January 2021, Halsey announced the news of her pregnancy on her Instagram account and also tagged Alev in the picture, seemingly confirming that he’s the father.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She has African-American and Irish ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Italian and Hungarian descent on her mother’s side.
She keeps changing her hair color by dying it with different colors.
- Multi-colored hair
- Numerous tattoos on the body
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Halsey has appeared in Taco Bell Bacon Mall commercial.
Best Known For
Her singles “New Americana” and “Ghost” from her debut album “Badlands.”
Halsey released her debut studio album Badlands on August 28, 2015, via Astralwerks and Capitol Records.
The album charted at #2 in the US, and Australia, #3 in Ireland, Canada, and New Zealand, #5 in the Netherlands, etc.
The standard edition of the album contains 11 tracks, which gives it a total length of 40:03 minutes.
Before the debut album, she had already released one Extended Play called Room 93 in October 2014.
She made her theatrical film debut in a cameo appearance in the 2018 musical romantic drama film, A Star Is Born, starring Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Andrew Dice Clay, Dave Chappelle, and Sam Elliott.
As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Wonder Woman, a member of the Justice League and Princess of Themyscira, in the animated superhero musical-comedy film, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, in 2018.
First TV Show
In 2015, she guest appeared at the comedy musical talk show Last Call with Carson Daly as Herself (Musical Guest) in two episodes titled “George Miller / Solomon Georgio / Halsey” and “Randall Park / Rose McIver / Halsey.”
Halsey’s workout routine and diet plan are not known. But, she does boxing in her free time to relieve stress.
- “Halsey,” her stage name is an anagram of her first name “Ashley.” Halsey is also a street in Brooklyn, where she had spent most of her time.
- At the age of 14, she started learning to play acoustic guitar.
- Taylor Swift‘s song ‘Fifteen’ is the first song, which Ashley learned to play on guitar.
- At 16 or 17, she was identified with bipolar disorder.
- To write one song, she generally takes somewhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes.
- To make both ends meet, Ashley started playing music when she turned 18.
- She is biracial, bipolar, and bisexual. In short – “tri-bi.” But, she hates the term “tri-bi”.
- Ashley had previously planned to major in fine arts but didn’t go through due to financial problems.
- She first started out by posting songs on YouTube.
- She was the most talked-about person at SXSW (South by Southwest) 2015 on Twitter.
- In 2012, after the release of her song “Ghost,” she got calls and meeting requests from many record labels and because all this happened so quickly, she had to take help from one of her friends who pretended to be her manager.
- She describes her style as “Sexy, androgynous, outer-space.”
- She once received a lighter from a fan.
- Halsey titles herself as Winona Ryder of the rap game.
- In 2015, Halsey produced a tribute to Will Smith‘s son Jaden Smith with the help of her then-boyfriend, Lido.
- She is an indie-pop singer.
- She uses she/her pronouns.
- While she was a kid, her dad used to listen to Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Slick Rick, The Notorious B.I.G., and Tupac Shakur, while her mother used to listen to Alanis Morissette, Nirvana, The Cranberries, and The Cure. This influenced her music style and career.
- Halsey was the 5th most streamed female artist on Spotify in 2020. Billie Eilish was the one with the most streams.
- In 2021, Halsey launched her own makeup line called about-face.
- In January 2021, Halsey bought Liam Payne‘s Calabasas-based house for $10,161,150. It is a 9,659 square-foot home with 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a home theater, a beautiful backyard, a giant library, a wine cellar, a massage/meditation room, a recording studio, and a pool house.
- She is gluten intolerant meaning if she eats food containing gluten, her stomach gets bloated.
- In 2016, she was diagnosed with endometriosis.
- In August 2019, she revealed that she had quit smoking cigarettes after 10 years of time.
- She has at least 29 tattoos on her body.
- Halsey had attempted suicide at the age of 17.
- Pregnant Halsey was gifted a Tiffany and Co.’s teddy bear by David Dobrik when Halsey appeared on David’s podcast Views in February 2021.
- Halsey uses “she/they” pronouns.