|Handong Quick Info
|5 ft 6
|Date of Birth
|March 26, 1996
Handong is a Chinese singer and dancer who is best known for her contribution to the South Korean K-pop girl group, Dreamcatcher. She is the sub vocalist of the group and the only member of the group who is not of Korean origin.
Handong studied at the Sejong University from where she attained a practical major in music.
As a member of Dreamcatcher, she is represented by Happy Face Entertainment.
K-pop, Rock, R&B
As a member of Dreamcatcher, Handong is represented by Happy Face Entertainment.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair blonde.
- Thin eyebrows
- Perfect lips
- Protruding eyes
- Oval face shape
Handong Favorite Things
- Color – Black, White
Source – KCrush.com
- She spent the initial part of life in China.
- In the past, Handong had been featured in a high school musical production.
- Growing up, she was a shy kid and still possesses a part of that shyness in adulthood.
- It was a professor of her’s who encouraged her to audition for a place at Dreamcatcher.
- Originally the Dreamcatcher was named MINX and consisted of 5 singers Jiu, SuA, Yoohyeon, Siyeon, and Dami.
- Handong once stated that if she hadn’t joined Dreamcatcher, she would have definitely been a flight attendant.
- She entered the group as a new edition along with singer and dancer Gahyeon.
- Handong is obsessed with eating chocolates. However, she sneezes every time she relishes them.
- She contributed her vocals to the release of Dreamcatcher‘s debut album Nightmare on January 13, 2017. She was also present on the group’s official stage appearance in the same year at M Countdown on January 19.
- Handong and her groupmate Gahyeon shared a dorm together in the past.
- Handong admires guys who are tall and possess a good personality.
- She had moved to South Korea in 2015 in order to study music as she had been interested in K-pop for a very long time.
- Handong considers singer Kim Tae-yeon and Luna from the girl group f(x) to be her role model. Also, she had developed a keen interest in music while in high school after having stumbled across a music video of hers.
- When she’s not working, Handong loves to go shopping as well as binge-watch videos on YouTube.
- In an interview with KCrush in June 2017, she stated that her mother was the one she admired the most.
- She dislikes the color green.
- Handong relishes the taste of chocolate oreo smoothies and egg tarts. Besides that, she also enjoys eating cookies.
- In 2017, she enjoyed reading the book The Devotion of Suspect X by Japanese author Keigo Higashino.
- The song that she recommends people to listen to is that of Sam Smith‘s Lay Me Down (2013).
- She often finds herself getting restless.
- Her worst fear is being secretly watched.
Featured Image By Dreamcatcher / Instagram