|Nick Bateman Quick Info
|6 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|November 18, 1986
Nick Bateman is a Canadian model, actor, and social media personality who first rose to fame through Instagram. He was soon diverted towards the action and has appeared in films like Hobo with a Shotgun and Winter Wedding. Being a Karate trainee, Nick posts a lot of karate tricks videos on his Instagram and the videos go viral instantly. His Instagram has amassed more than 7 million followers.
Nicholas Kevin Stanley Yunge-Bateman
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Nick attended the Capilano University in Vancouver and graduated at the age of 20.
Model, Actor, Instagram Star
- Mother – Debbie Rockwell
- Siblings – Amanda Cerny (Actress and Model)
Nick self-manages his career.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick has dated –
- Maria Corrigan (2008-Present) – Nick has been in a long-term relationship with Maria since 2008. Both Nick and Maria have made their relationship public by posting pictures with each other on their social media on a regular basis. The couple welcomed their first child together, a son, named Chase Bateman on September 15, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Charming smile
- Tall stature
- Chiseled jawline
Nick has done endorsement work for brands like GLAMGLOW.
Best Known For
Being an Instagram star and posting fashion and fitness related content on his Instagram account
Nick made his theatrical film debut in Hobo with a Shotgun as Ivan / Rip in 2011.
First TV Show
Nick made his first TV show appearance on Just for Laughs in 2007.
As per an interview in May 2017, Nick’s workout routine was wrapped around his work schedule. He tried to work out 3 to 4 times a week. His regime mostly included resistance and weight training in the gym.
He also said that he ate fairly healthy and drank a lot of water to keep his body hydrated. He tried to eat a lot of vegetables and maintained a high protein diet. Nick claimed that he was very good at self-control when it comes to having cheat meals and he only had one ‘cheat meal’ a week usually over the weekend.
Nick Bateman Favorite Things
- Social Media – Instagram
- Ninja Turtle – Donatello
Source – Digital Journal, National Post
Nick Bateman Facts
- As a child, Nick was a huge Ninja Turtle fan and to become one he joined the Karate classes at the age of 4.
- His martial arts training was in Gōjū-ryū karate and bō staff.
- In one of his interviews, he claimed that he had Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Karate helped him concentrate and focus.
- He went on to win 4 world titles in 15-17 age division of the National Blackbelt League.
- He is also the winner of 2 Sports Martial Arts Viewers Choice Awards.
- In 2004, he participated in the ESPN International Best of the Best Martial Arts competition where he stood 2nd against 10 world champions at the age of 17.
- While he was in Miami attending the ESPN International Best of the Best Martial Arts competition, the tournament organizer jokingly entered him in a modeling contest where he stood 5th among hundred models.
- After he left competing in Karate, he went towards modeling and acting career.
- One of the judges of the modeling competition introduced him to Calvin Klein but Nick did not recognize him thinking that he was just an old man named Calvin.
- In Toronto, he was signed with Elmer Olsen Model Management and traveled to Italy, Germany, and New York for modeling purposes.
- He worked with top photographer Bruce Weber in 2009 for the Abercrombie & Fitch campaign.
- He opened his own karate school in Burlington in 2008 which was his dream but had to close it when he was signed for the movie Hobo With a Shotgun.
- In 2018, he launched his own clothing line with the name DTLA.
- He has two pets Yorkies dogs, named Joey and Keeva and both of them have their Instagram accounts.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Nick Bateman / Instagram