|Susie Porter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Year of Birth||1970/1971|
Susie Porter is an Australian actor and theatre artist who has been cast in a variety of movies such as Idiot Box, Mr. Reliable, Amy, Welcome to Woop Woop, Two Hands, Paradise Road, Feeling S*xy, Little Fish, Mullet, The Monkey’s Mask, Bootmen, Sway, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, Teesh and Trude, Caterpillar Wish, Sisters of War, Don’t Tell, Hounds of Love, Summer Coda, Gold, Ladies in Black, Cargo, The Manual, Aftershocks, No Mail, and Dangerous Remedy. In addition to that, Susie Porter has also worked in many television shows which include Children’s Hospital, Wildside, The Secret Life of Us, Silent Witness, State of Play, RAN Remote Area Nurse, Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms, Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King, Love My Way, East West 101, East of Everything, My Place, The Jesters, Dance Academy, Who Do You Think You Are?, Problems, The Unusual Suspects, and Puberty Blues.
She was born in 1970/1971.
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Susie Porter studied at Newcastle Grammar School located in Newcastle. Then, she enrolled at the University of Newcastle and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
She later attended the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA), an Australian educational institution for the performing arts based in Sydney, New South Wales, and graduated in 1995.
Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – Bill (Doctor)
- Mother – Jenny (Nurse)
- Siblings – Cathy (Older Sister), Jackie (Older Sister), Louise (Younger Sister)
Susie Porter has been repped by Sue Barnett & Associates, Talent Agency, Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Susie Porter has dated –
- Christopher Mordue (2010-Present) – She got married to Christopher Mordue in the year 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
Susie Porter Facts
- She made her first film appearance as Betty in the 1996 comedy crime drama film Idiot Box.
- She played the role of Deirdre in the 1999 comedy crime film Two Hands, starring Heath Ledger, Bryan Brown, Rose Byrne, and David Field. This role got Susie nominated for an Australian Film Institute Award (AFI Award) for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- She was cast as Letitia (Teesh) in the 2002 drama film Teesh and Trude and this earned her an Australian Film Institute Award (AFI Award) nomination in the “Best Actress in a Leading Role” category.
- In 2006, Susie Porter brought to life the character of Susan Woodbrige (Emily’s mother) in the coming-of-age film The Caterpillar Wish. For this performance, she won the Australian Film Institute Award (AFI Award) for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Alongside Richard Roxburgh, Tom Long, Gia Carides, Steve Bisley, Liana Cornell, Nick Tate, and Craig Hall, Susie Porter co-starred as Eve Pritchard in the television drama series East of Everything between 2008 and 2009.
- She co-starred as Julia Wilson in the comedy series The Jesters from 2009 to 2011.
- She was cast as Olive in the play Summer of the Seventeenth Doll at the Belvoir Theatre, Sydney in 2011.
- Susie Porter played Pam Knight in the coming-of-age comedy-drama television series Puberty Blues from 2012 to 2014.
- From 2018 to 2021, she was seen as Marie Winter in the television drama series Wentworth.
- Susie is an animal lover and has used her voice to spread awareness for charities. She has also raised awareness for the LGBT community.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0