|Gina Lollobrigida Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2¼ in|
|Date of Birth||July 4, 1927|
|Date of Death||January 16, 2023|
Gina Lollobrigida was an Italian actor, photojournalist, writer, director, and politician who established herself as one of the highest-profile European actors of the 1950s and early 1960s. Recognized as an international s*x symbol, she was amongst the last living high-profile international actors from the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema at the time of her demise.
Gina, The Most Beautiful Woman in the World, The Mona Lisa of the 20th Century, La Lollo
She was born on July 4, 1927.
On January 16, 2023, Gina Lollobrigida died of renal failure and pneumonia at the age of 95 in Rome, Italy.
Subiaco, Kingdom of Italy
Gina Lollobrigida studied painting and sculpting at school.
Actor, Photojournalist, Writer, Director, Politician
- Father – Giovanni Lollobrigida (Furniture Manufacturer)
- Mother – Giuseppina Mercuri
- Siblings – Giuliana (Older Sister), Maria (Younger Sister), Fernanda (Younger Sister) (1930-2011)
- Others – Luigi Lollobrigida (Paternal Grandfather), Anna (Paternal Grandmother), Dimitri Milko Skofic (Grandson)
Gina Lollobrigida was signed with Lo Cascio Management srls, Talent Management Company, Rome, Italy.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth was $45 Million.
5 ft 2¼ in or 158 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gina Lollobrigida had dated –
- Burt Lancaster – It is RUMORed that she once had an affair with actor Burt Lancaster. They co-starred in the circus film Trapeze (1956).
- Fidel Castro – There were RUMORs that Gina hooked up with Cuban revolutionary Fidel Castro.
- Jerry Lewis
- Eddie Fisher – RUMOR
- Henry Kissinger
- Milko Škofič (1948-1971) – In May 1948, she started dating Slovenian physician Milko Škofič and they married the following year. On July 28, 1957, they were blessed with their only child – a son named Andrea Milko (Milko Škofič, Jr.). The couple divorced in 1971.
- Gary Cooper (1956)
- Frank Sinatra (1958-1959) – She was romantically involved with American singer and actor Frank Sinatra between 1958 and 1959. They co-starred in the film Never So Few (1959).
- Orson Welles (1958)
- Yul Brynner (1958-1959) – Gina was romantically linked with Russian actor Yul Brynner from 1958 to January 1959. They co-starred in the film Solomon and Sheba (1959).
- Peter Lawford (1959) – She hooked up with actor Peter Lawford in 1959 and they co-starred in the film Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell (1968).
- Christiaan Barnard (1968) – Gina Lollobrigida had an affair with Christiaan Barnard, a South African doctor and pioneer in heart transplant surgery, in 1968.
- Buzz Aldrin (1969)
- George Kaufman (1969-1970)
- David Cassidy (1972)
- Javier Rigau y Rafols – In 1984, she met Spanish businessperson Javier Rigau y Rafols at a party in Monte Carlo and she announced their engagement in October 2006 to Spain’s ¡Hola! magazine. The engagement was called off on December 6, 2006, reportedly due to the strain of intense media interest. It is also reported that the duo signed a prenuptial agreement and married in Spain in 2006. Later, she started legal proceedings against Javier Rigau y Rafols in January 2013 and claimed that he had staged a secret ceremony in which he “married” an imposter pretending to be her at a registry office in Barcelona.
Race / Ethnicity
She was of Italian descent.
- Deep seductive voice
- Had a habit of referring to herself in the 3rd person
Gina Lollobrigida Facts
- She began participating in beauty contests in her youth.
- Gina Lollobrigida co-starred as Carla Campbell in the 1968 Technicolor American comedy film Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell. This role won her the David di Donatello Award for “Best Actress” as well as got her nominated for Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy”.
- She was awarded the Légion d’honneur by François Mitterrand.
- She was friends with American actor Shelley Winters.
- Gina Lollobrigida received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6361 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on February 1, 2018.
Featured Image by Ivo Bulanda / Ivo Bulanda / CC BY-SA 3.0