|Burt Lancaster Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1913|
|Date of Death||October 20, 1994|
Burt Lancaster was an Academy Award-winning American actor and producer whose work in such films as The Killers (1946), The Crimson Pirate (1952), From Here to Eternity (1953), Sweet Smell of Success (1957), Separate Tables (1958), Elmer Gantry (1960), Judgment at Nuremberg (1961), Birdman of Alcatraz (1962), The Leopard (1963), Atlantic City (1980), etc. made him one of the most distinguished stars during the Golden Era of Hollywood.
Burton Stephen Lancaster
Burt, Mr Muscles and Teeth
Burt was born on November 2, 1913.
He died from a heart attack on October 20, 1994, in Los Angeles at the age of 80 years.
New York City, New York, United States
Burt was a graduate of the DeWitt Clinton High School. During his school years, he became famous as a basketball player.
He received an athletic scholarship to study at New York University. However, he dropped out before completing his graduation.
- Father – James Lancaster (Mailman)
- Mother – Elizabeth Roberts
- Siblings – He had 4 siblings.
At the time of his death, Burt Lancaster’s net worth was $60 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Burt Lancaster had dated –
- Gina Lollobrigida – RUMOR
- Katy Jurado
- June Ernst (1935-1946) – He was married to the trapeze acrobat June Ernst from 1935 until December 1946.
- Norma Anderson (1945-1969) – On December 28, 1946, he tied the knot with Norma Anderson after meeting her a year before. The couple stayed married for 22 years until their divorce in July 1969. During their marriage, they welcomed 5 children together, sons James Stephen ‘Jimmy’ Lancaster (b. June 30, 1946) and Bill Lancaster (b. November 17, 1947) as well as daughters Susan Elizabeth Lancaster (b. July 5, 1949), Joanna Mari Lancaster (b. July 1951), and Sighle Lancaster (b. 1954).
- Yvonne De Carlo (1948) – RUMOR
- Deborah Kerr (1953) – RUMOR
- Shelley Winters (1961) – RUMOR
- Marlene Dietrich (1961) – RUMOR
- Jackie Bone
- Joan Blondell
- Marlon Brando – RUMOR
- Susan Martin (1991-1994) – He wed Susan Martin on September 10, 1991. However, their marriage only lasted for 3 years as Lancaster passed away on October 20, 1994.
Race / Ethnicity
He had Northern Irish ancestry.
However, his hair had turned ‘Gray’ at the time of his death.
- His radiant smile, which he referred to as ‘The Grin’
- Very distinctive, clipped manner of speaking
- Raspy voice with a clear New York accent
Burt Lancaster Facts
- He survived the Great Depression by working as a n*de model during the day and as a singing waiter at night.
- Lancaster was named the 19th ‘Greatest Male Star of Classic Hollywood Cinema’ by the American Film Institute in 1999.
- His highly-publicized friendship with fellow actor Kirk Douglas was largely a PR stunt. In reality, they both saw each other as fierce rivals although they shared a mutual respect for each other’s acting talent.
- The first star ever placed on the Hollywood Walk of Fame belonged to Lancaster.
- He was among the many people named on President Richard Nixon’s notorious ‘Enemies List’ from 1973. The list also included other celebrities like Paul Newman, Gene Hackman, Hugh Hefner, and Norman Lear.
- Burt was among a select few actors asked to speak at Martin Luther King‘s historic March On Washington in 1963.
- His phenomenal performance as J.J. Hunsecker in Sweet Smell of Success (1957) was ranked at the 76th spot on the ‘100 Greatest Performances of All Time’ list by Premiere Magazine in 2006.
- Burt lost out on playing iconic characters like Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) and Don Vito Corleone in The Godfather (1972). Both roles eventually went to Marlon Brando and helped in establishing him as a legendary actor in Hollywood.
Featured Image by Hal Wallis Productions / Wikimedia / Public Domain
His height was 184.5 cm and his weight was 83 kg according to celebheights dot com.
According to IMDb he was 188 cm
187.5 cm actually
Include possible 183-188 cm?
As of the age of 75 Burt Lancaster was 183.5-184.5 cm. Peak height was about 187.5 cm. His weight was 83-84 kg.