|Jacob Collier Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jacob Collier is an English singer, music composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist who first rose to fame in 2012 after his split-screen covers of popular songs started to go viral on YouTube. He is renowned for fusing several music genres and for his liberal use of reharmonization. He was signed on by legendary musician Quincy Jones‘ management company in 2014. His debut album titled In My Room (2016) was self-recorded, arranged, and produced in a small room of his family home in London and his arrangements for 2 of the tracks from the album earned him Grammy awards.
North London, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jacob studied at the Mill Hill County High School in London and The Purcell School for Young Musicians in Hertfordshire. He then briefly studied jazz piano at the Royal Academy of Music.
Singer, Music Composer, Music Producer
- Father – Patrick Moriarty (Amateur Musician)
- Mother – Susan Collier (Violinist, Music Professor, Music Conductor at the Royal Academy of Music in London)
- Siblings – Sophie Collier (Younger Sister), Ella Collier (Younger Sister)
- Others – Derek Collier (Maternal Grandfather) (Violinist, Music Teacher, Leader of the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra) (d. 2008), Lila Wong (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by –
- James Wright, Booking Agent, United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Noah Simon, Booking Agent, United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Chris Taillie, Press Relations/Publicity Agent (USA), Shore Fire Media, Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Joe Baxter, Press Relations/Publicity Agent (UK), Baxter PR, London, England, United Kingdom
- Michael Peha, General Manager, Quincy Jones Productions, Los Angeles, California, United States
Jazz, Funk, A Cappella, Neo Soul, Alternative, Soul, Classical
Vocals, Piano, Keyboard, Double Bass, Bass Guitar, Drums, Harmonizer, Melodica, Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele, Percussion, Harpejji
- Membran Entertainment Group
- Geffen Records
- Decca Records
- Hajanga Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He is of English and partly Chinese (through his maternal grandmother) descent.
- Slender frame
- Charming smile
- Has a mole on his left cheek
- Spiked hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Freckled face
Jacob Collier Favorite Things
- Music Composers – Johann Sebastian Bach, Benjamin Britten
- Singers – Stevie Wonder, Joni Mitchell, Beck Hansen, Sting, Bob Dylan, John Martyn, Brian Wilson
- Music Groups/Bands – Radiohead, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Four Freshmen, The Hi-Lo’s
- Guitarist – Jimi Hendrix
- Pianists – Bill Evans, Keith Jarrett
- Bassist – Avishai Cohen
- Christmas Carol – In the Bleak Midwinter
- Musical Gadget – Vocal Harmonizer
Jacob Collier Facts
- During his school days, Jacob used to participate in several plays and musical theatre productions. At the age of 10, he portrayed the role of Tiny Tim in the play A Christmas Carol, where he was credited as Jacob Moriarty, his birth name.
- He also performed as a treble singer in classical operas such as The Magic Flute and The Turn of the Screw, which influenced his understanding of musical harmony.
- In 2008, Jacob was awarded a Gold medal by the ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) for scoring the highest marks in the country in the 8th-grade singing exam.
- In July 2015, he recorded an a cappella version of the popular hymn called Jerusalem and it was used for England’s 2015 Rugby World Cup campaign called The Game Starts Here. The anthem, using Jacob’s version, was aired on national television before every England match in that World Cup.
- In 2018, Jacob started work on a mega project titled Djesse, a 4-volume album comprising of 50 songs and featuring contributions from more than 20 artists and ensemble groups. Two songs from the first half of the project earned him another couple of nominations for the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- In 2017, he reinvented the ringtone Over The Horizon for the launch of Samsung’s Galaxy S8 smartphone. The same year, he collaborated with legendary music composer Hans Zimmer for the background score of the animated film The Boss Baby.
Featured Image by Harald Krichel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0