|Brian Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 20, 1942|
Brian Wilson is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer best known as the co-founder of the rock band the Beach Boys. Regarded as one of the finest songwriters of the 20th century, Wilson is also considered to be among the first music producer auteurs and the first rock producers to apply the studio as an instrument. As a solo artist, he has released albums like Brian Wilson, I Just Wasn’t Made for These Times, Imagination, Gettin’ In Over My Head, Brian Wilson Presents Smile, What I Really Want for Christmas, That Lucky Old Sun, Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin, and No Pier Pressure.
Brian Douglas Wilson
Inglewood, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Brian Wilson attended Hawthorne High School and El Camino Junior College in Los Angeles.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Murry Wilson (Machinist, Part-time Songwriter, Talent Manager, Record Producer, Music Publisher)
- Mother – Audree Neva (née Korthof)
- Siblings – Carl Wilson (December 21, 1946 – February 6, 1998) (Younger Brother (Musician, Singer, Songwriter), Dennis Wilson (December 4, 1944 – December 28, 1983) (Younger Brother) (Musician, Singer, Songwriter)
- Others – William Coral “Buddy” Wilson (Paternal Grandfather), Edith Sophia Sthole/Stohle (Paternal Grandmother), Carl Arie Korthof (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth Edna “Betty” Finney (Maternal Grandmother), Jonah (Nephew), Justyn (Nephew), Jennifer (Niece), Scott (Nephew), Michael (Nephew), Carl (Nephew), Lola (Granddaughter), Luciana (Granddaughter), Leo Evan Knutson (Grandson), Beau Alexander Knutson (Grandson), Will Hunter (Grandson), Jesse Miles Knutson (Grandson)
He has been repped by the Agency for the Performing Arts, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Vocals, Keyboards, Bass
Capitol, Brother, Reprise Records, Caribou Records, CBS, Sire Records, Giant Records, Nonesuch Records, Walt Disney Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $100 Million.
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian Wilson has dated –
- Marilyn Wilson (1964-1981) – He was married to Marilyn Wilson between 1964 and 1981 and they were blessed with 2 daughters – Carnie Wilson (b. April 29, 1968) and Wendy Wilson (b. October 16, 1969).
- Joan Rivers (1984-1985)
- Melinda Ledbetter (1995-Present) – On February 6, 1995, Brian Wilson got married to talent manager Melinda Ledbetter and the duo has adopted 5 children – Daria Rose (b. 1996), Delanie Rae (b. 1998), Dylan (b. 2004), Dash (b. 2009), and Dakota Rose (b. 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
Brian Wilson is of Swedish, English, Dutch, German, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and French descent.
Salt and Pepper
Extraordinary musical skills
With the Beach Boys, Brian Wilson did print ads for Craig Powerplay car stereo systems in 1977.
In 2011, he stated that while he had spiritual beliefs, he did not follow any particular religion.
Brian Wilson Favorite Things
- Song By Dennis Wilson – Little Bird
- Favorite Song Out Of All The Songs He Has Written – California Girls
- Albums By The Beach Boys – Love You, Friends, 15 Big Ones
- Song By The Beatles – Let It Be
- Artists – Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, Roy Rogers, Carl Perkins, Bill Haley, Henry Mancini, Rosemary Clooney
- Pianist – Billy Joel
- Albums – A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector by Phil Spector, Sail Away by Randy Newman, Stevie Wonder’s Original Musiquarium I by Stevie Wonder, Graceland by Paul Simon
- Book – The Bible
- Favorite Radio Station At One Point In Time – KFWB
- Vocal Group – The Four Freshmen
- Movie – Norbit (2007)
- Chord – E major seventh
- Key Signatures To Play – B, C♯, E, and E♭
Brian Wilson Facts
- In June 2000, he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame by Paul McCartney.
- He has struggled with mental illness.
- His album titled Brian Wilson Presents Smile was ranked #399 in Rolling Stone‘s list of “The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time” in 2020.
Featured Image by Takahiro Kyono / Flickr / CC BY 2.0