|Paul McCartney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1942|
Paul McCartney is an English singer, songwriter, composer, musician, actor, businessman, record producer, and film producer, widely known as one of the most successful composers, performers, and songwriters of all time. He gained prominence as part of the pop-rock band, The Beatles, between 1960 and 1970, during which time they released 12 studio albums.
James Paul McCartney
Liverpool, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Paul attended Joseph Williams Junior School in Liverpool, Merseyside, England.
He then enrolled in Stockton Wood Road Primary School in Liverpool, Merseyside.
Paul attended Liverpool Institute High School for Boys in Liverpool between 1953 and 1960.
Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Actor, Musician, Film Producer, Record Producer, Businessman
- Father – Jim McCartney
- Mother – Mary Patricia (Mohin) McCartney (Worked as a nursing sister in charge of the maternity ward at the Walton General Hospital in Liverpool)
- Siblings – Peter Michael “Mike McGear” McCartney (Younger Brother) (Singer, Musician, Rock Photographer)
- Others – Ruth McCartney (Step-Sister), Benna Faith (Niece), Theran Faith (Niece), Abigail Faith (Niece), Rowena Horne (Sister-in-Law), Joshua (Nephew), Max (Nephew), Sonny (Nephew), Joseph McCartney (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Florence Clegg (Paternal Grandmother), Owen Mohan/Mohin (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Theresa Danher (Maternal Grandmother), James McCartney (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Elizabeth Williams (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Paul Clegg (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Jane Claque/Clague (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Owen Mohan (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Mary McGeogh (Maternal Great-Grandmother), John Danher (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Jane Baines (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Angela Williams (Step-Mother)
Paul McCartney is represented by MPL Communications in London, England.
Pop, Rock, Electronic, Classical
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Bass Guitar
- Hear Music
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul McCartney has dated –
- Graciela Borges
- Julie Arthur
- Winona Williams
- Thelma Pickles (1959)
- Dot Rhone (1959-1962)
- Cory Sentrop (1959)
- Anita Cochrane (1961)
- Erika Hubers (1961)
- Iris Caldwell (1961-1962)
- Sandra Cogan (1962)
- Peggy Lipton (1963)
- Jane Asher (1963-1968)
- Gloria Mackh (1965)
- Maggie McGivern (1966-1969)
- Julie Felix (1966)
- Linda Eastman (1967-1998) – After 2 years of dating, he married Linda, a photographer, and musician, in March 1969, and was married to her until her death in 1998. They had their 1st child, Mary McCartney, on August 28, 1969, and she later became a photographer. Mary gave birth to Arthur Donald in 1999, Elliot Donald in 2002, an unnamed son on August 11, 2008, and Aboud in September 2011. On September 13, 1971, Linda gave birth to Stella Nina McCartney, who later became a well-known fashion designer. Paul has 4 grandchildren from Stella, named Miller Alasdhair James Willis (born 2005), Bailey Linda Olwyn Willis (born 2006), Beckett Robert Lee Willis (born 2008), and Reiley Dilys Stella Willis (born 2010). His and Linda’s 3rd child, a son named James Louis McCartney, was born on September 12, 1977, and later became a songwriter and musician. Paul also adopted Heather Louise McCartney, Linda’s child from a previous marriage to Joseph Melville See Jr.
- Elisabeth Aronsson (1967) – Rumor
- Francie Schwartz (1968)
- Jill Haworth (1971) – Rumor
- Bernardette Farrell (1995)
- Heather Mills (1999-2008) – After 3 years of dating, he married Heather, a former model, and media personality, on June 11, 2002. On October 28, 2003, Heather gave birth to their daughter named Beatrice Milly McCartney. They separated on May 17, 2006, and their divorce decree was finalized on May 12, 2008.
- Elle Macpherson (2007)
- Tanya Larrigan (2007) – Rumor
- Rosanna Arquette (2007) – Rumor
- Sabrina Guinness (2007)
- Christie Brinkley (2007) – Rumor
- Renée Zellweger (2007)
- Nancy Shevell (2007-Present) – Paul married Nancy Shevell, a businesswoman, after 4 years of dating. Their wedding occurred on October 9, 2011, at Old Marylebone Town Hall, where he had also married Linda in 1969.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, Scottish, Ulster-Scots, Manx/Isle of Man, and at least 1/32 Welsh descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair had visible ‘White’ strands.
Paul McCartney Favorite Things
- Bassists – Stanley Clarke, James Jamerson, Brian Wilson
- Guitarists – Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix
Source – Wikipedia
Paul McCartney Facts
- Paul has written 32 songs that managed to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- There was a rumor that he died in a car crash in 1966 and was replaced by a lookalike. Life magazine, in its November release, featured Paul and his family on the cover with the caption “Paul is still with us.”
- Paul released his 26th studio album as a single artist, titled McCartney III in December 2020. His predecessor album McCartney II was released 40 years back in 1980 and McCartney was released in 1970.
- Because of Paul McCartney’s McCartney III album, Taylor Swift changed her album Evermore‘s release date twice.
- Paul is left-handed.
Featured Image by Raph_PH / Flickr / CC BY 2.0