Eleanor Nancy Gow
Killara, Sydney, Australia
Elle went to Killara High School in East Killara, Sydney. In 1981, Elle completed her Higher School Certificate.
She also attended University of Sydney to study law for one year. She dropped out to focus on her modeling career (until that she modeled part-time).
Businesswoman, TV host, model, actress
- Father – Peter Gow (Entrepreneur and sound engineer)
- Mother – Frances Gow (Nurse)
- Siblings – Mimi Macpherson (Sister) (Businesswoman and environmentalist), Brendon Macpherson (Brother), Elizabeth Macpherson (Sister)
Elle Macpherson can be contacted via these modeling agencies –
- Louisa Models – Munich
- Storm Models – London
- D’management Group
- City Models – Paris
- New York Model Management
- L.A. Models
6 ft or 183 cm
61 kg or 134½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elle Macpherson dated –
- Gilles Bensimon (1984-1989) – She started dating French fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon in 1984 when she met him during a photo session for Elle Magazine. The couple married in May 1986 and divorced three years afterward. There was 20 years of age difference.
- Warren Beatty (1992) – Famed Hollywood womanizer Warren Beatty was known to have hooked up with Elle in 1992.
- Axl Rose (1993) – In 1993, she was RUMORed to have had a fling with American singer, Axl Rose.
- Tim Jefferies (1993-1996) – British art dealer and Green Shield Stamp heir, Tim Jefferies dated Elle ON and OFF from 1993 to 1996. Elle also attended his wedding in April 2008 to model Malin Johansson.
- Arpad Busson (1996-2005) – Elle started dating London-based French financier Arpad Busson in 1996. They engaged in August 2002 and split in July 2005. They also have 2 sons together – Arpad Flynn Busson (born – February 1998), and Aurelius Cy Andrea Busson (born – February 2003).
- Sean Penn (1996) – In 1996, she was RUMORed to have had an encounter with actor Sean Penn.
- Kevin Costner (1996) – In 1996, actor Kevin Costner and Elle Macpherson lived together for short time. He also praised her that he has found his equal who is funny, beautiful, talented, and lovely person.
- Norm MacDonald (1997-1998) – From 1997 to 1998, Elle was romantically linked to Canadian actor Norm MacDonald.
- Ray Fearon (2006-2007) – Then, from November 2006 until April 2007, Macpherson and British actor Ray Fearon were an item.
- Bryan Adams (2007) – In 2007, Canadian rocker and photographer, Bryan Adams was RUMORed to be dating Elle.
- Paul McCartney (2007) – She had an encounter with the British musician, Paul McCartney in 2007. There is about 21 years of age difference between them (Paul being older than Elle).
- Vito Schnabel (2008) – American independent curator and art dealer, Vito Schnabel dated Elle for a couple of months in 2008. He is about 23 years her junior.
- Scott Douglas (2008) – In January 2008, Macpherson was RUMORed to dating war photographer Scott Douglas.
- Brian Burgess (2008) – Macpherson was RUMORed to be dating film producer Brian Burgess in 2008.
- Damian Aspinall (2008-2009) – British businessman, Damian Aspinall started dating Macpherson in 2008. They separated in February 2009.
- Guy Ritchie (2009) – On March 16, 2009, she had a fling with English film director Guy Ritchie.
- Jeffrey Soffer (2009-Present) – Elle commenced dating Miami-based hotel heir and billionaire Jeff Soffer in March 2009. After dating for three years, the couple separated in March 2012. But, they reunited in November 2012 after Jeff’s injury in a helicopter accident. The duo engaged in March 2013 and married in July 2013 at Laucala Resort in Fiji.
Race / Ethnicity
Statuesque, model-like figure
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
Elle has appeared in advertising campaigns of fashion houses like Azzedine Alaïa, Bendon, Biotherm, Blackglama, Budweiser beer, Chrysler, Christian Dior, CSR sugar, Danone, Diet Coke, Escada, Elle MacPherson Intimates, Finesse shampoo, Garuda Airlines, Guy Laroche, H & M, KFC Tender Roast Chicken, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Milk Bureau, Model Co. Cosmetics, Omega watches, Pinko, Revlon, Tab Cola, Victoria’s Secret, and Victorio & Lucchino.
Best Known For
Her record five appearances on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue starting from the 1980s.
Macpherson played the role as a model in the 1990 romantic fantasy film Alice.
First Fashion Show
Elle debuted with Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 1988 fashion show to walk the ramp for Ralph Lauren.
First TV Show
In 1996, Elle guest appeared in the live television sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live as herself in episode 14 and 15 of season 21.
The model takes help from her personal trainer James Duigan. As she remains busy most of the time, James has designed a special workout for Elle, which is called an 8-minute workout. She performs it 2 times in a day – morning and evening session. And, those exercises are doing wonders for her.
James Duigan says his readers to cut the CRAP, which means – Caffeine, Refined Foods, Alcohol, and Processed Foods.
Elle Macpherson Favorite Things
- Workout – Surfing
- Body Part – Heart
- Singer – Eddie Vedder, Adele
Source – Shape.com, USA Weekend
Elle Macpherson Facts
- Macpherson is the surname of her stepfather.
- When she was 10, her parents divorced.
- She didn’t want to use her last name as “Macpherson”. It was due to a clerical mistake while registering her at a new school. Her surname was changed from “Gow” to “Macpherson”, which is her stepfather’s surname.
- She is able to speak English, French, Spanish and Italian.
- She was discovered at the age of 16.
- Elle also posed n*de for Playboy magazine in 1994.
- She had been featured in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2004 and 2006.
- She appears in the book “4 Inches” by Sir Elton John.
- She has her own lingerie line – “Elle MacPherson Intimates”.
- She got the nickname “The Body” from TIME Magazine in 1986.
- Connect with Elle on Twitter and Instagram.