|Nipsey Hussle Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1985|
|Date of Death
||March 31, 2019|
Nipsey Hussle was an American rapper, entrepreneur, and activist who rose to acclaim from the West Coast hip hop scene in the mid-2000s. His discography includes several tracks and mixtapes such as Slauson Boy, The Marathon, The Marathon Continues, Mailbox Money, Crenshaw, Famous Lies And Unpopular Truths, What It Feels Like (with Jay-Z), Bullets Ain’t Got No Names, Hussle in the House, The Life (ft. Snoop Dogg), They Roll (ft. The Game), Gotta Take It (ft. Lloyd and Taslema), Feelin’ Myself (ft. Lloyd), Keys 2 the City, Proud of That (ft. Rick Ross), Thas Wat Hoes Do (ft. YG and Rimpau), U See Us, I Need That (ft. Dom Kennedy), Hotel Suite, The Weather (ft. Rick Ross and Cuzzy Capone), If U Were Mine (ft. James Fauntleroy), Rap Niggas, Can’t Spell Success, Last Time That I Checc’d (ft. YG), No Favors, Question 1 (ft. Snoop Dogg), Dedication (ft. Kendrick Lamar), and Racks in the Middle (ft. Roddy Ricch and Hit-Boy). Nipsey won 2 posthumous Grammy Awards for the songs “Racks in the Middle” and “Higher”.
Airmiess Joseph Asghedom
Nipsey was born on August 15, 1985.
Nipsey was killed on March 31, 2019, in South Los Angeles, California in the parking lot of his store, Marathon Clothing. He was 33 at the time of death.
Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nipsey Hussle dropped out of high school at the age of around 15 or 16. He later took classes in a community college in West Los Angeles. He studied English, psychology, and philosophy.
Rapper, Entrepreneur, Activist
- Father – Dawit Asghedom
- Mother – Angelique Kathleen (Boutte)
- Siblings – Samiel Asghedom (Brother)
- Others – Joseph Leo Boutte, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret Mary Green (Maternal Grandmother)
Nipsey Hussle was represented by The Marathon Agency.
All Money In, Cinematic Music Group, Epic Records, Atlantic
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $8 Million at the time of his death.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
81 kg or 179 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nipsey Hussle had dated –
- Tanisha Foster (2003-2011) – Reportedly, he started dating Tanisha Foster in July 2003 and the duo was blessed with a daughter named Emani. However, after going out for several years, they called it quits in August 2011.
- Lauren London (2013-2019) – Nipsey started going out with actor and model Lauren London in 2013. Nipsey and Lauren had largely kept their relationship firmly out of the spotlight and barring a couple of occasions, were rarely seen together in the public. In the summer of 2016, it was rumored that they had broken up. However, Nipsey quickly released his statement to refute such rumors. In August, he tweeted that they were still solid. In late August 2016, she gave birth to a baby boy. Lauren had given birth to her first son Cameron Carter in 2009. She was in a relationship with rapper Lil Wayne at that time. They were together at the time of Nipsey’s death in March 2019.
- Blakely Ashton (2016) – He hooked up with model Blakely Ashton in July 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he was of Eritrean descent. While, on his mother’s side, he had African American and Louisiana Creole roots.
- His flamboyant hairstyles
- Thick eyebrows
- Loves wearing flashy chains
He was speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 12 (US).
Nipsey Hussle (alongside Serena Williams) had appeared in a TV commercial for Beats Color.
He had also promoted these brands –
- Beats By Dre
- Elite Human Hair
- Lace Me Up
Best Known For
- The popularity of his Bullets Ain’t Got No Name series, which was released in three mixtape installments
- Having collaborated with popular rappers such as Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, and YG
In December 2005, Nipsey released his debut mixtape, Slauson Boy.
His debut studio album Victory Lap was released in 2017.
In 2007, Nipsey made his first theatrical film appearance in the supporting role in the music drama movie, I Tried.
First TV Show
In 2013, Nipsey made his TV show debut as himself in the music talk show, GGN: Snoop Dogg’s Double G News Network.
Nipsey Hussle Favorite Things
- Books – Contagious by Jonah Berger, The Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout
Source – The Source
Nipsey Hussle Facts
- His father migrated to the United States from Eritrea.
- He had to drop out of high school after he was accused of breaking into the computer lab. Over the years, he had maintained that he was innocent.
- After dropping out of high school, he got involved in petty crimes and for his troubles was put in the juvenile program through the Lennox Sheriff’s department.
- In his teens, he was a member of the Rollin 60s Neighborhood Crips gang. However, he decided to leave them after a period of time.
- In 2013, he decided to price his mixtape titled Crenshaw at $100 apiece. He had only put 1,000 copies on sale and managed to sell all of them with Jay-Z buying 100 copies.
- He was forced to go independent due to his clause with Epic Records. After he left them in 2010, they had made it legally mandatory for him to give 5 percent of his earnings to them if he signed with any record label before the end of 2013.
- He had launched his clothing range under the label of ‘The Marathon Clothing’. In June 2017, he opened an exclusive store in his native Los Angeles.
- In August 2014, he was arrested by the Los Angeles authorities after a raid at Slauson Avenue Clothing. He was arrested for obstructing a police officer as he was reported to be interfering with an arrest.
- He collaborated with the rapper YG to release the single FDT (F*ck Donald Trump), which obviously created a huge controversy.
- He owned a quarter of the record label ‘All Money In No Money Out’. The rest of the equity was divided between his brother and friends Adam Andhban and Steven Donaldson.
- In March 2011, he got into an altercation with former manager Eugene “Big U” Henley. Henley attacked him and to defend Nipsey, his brother had to pull out a weapon and fire in the air, which led to his arrest by LAPD.
- He appeared as himself in an episode of the romantic musical comedy-drama television series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in October 2015.
Featured Image by Soundtrack Beat Battle / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.5