|Lloyd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1986|
Lloyd is a talented singer and songwriter who is a native of Atlanta, Georgia. He is recognized for his hit singles like Southside, Hey Young Girl, You, Get It Shawty, Player’s Prayer, How We Do It (Around My Way), Girls Around the World, Year of the Lover, Lay It Down, Cupid, Dedication to My Ex (Miss That), and Tru. He has a massive fan following of over 800k followers on Instagram, more than 800k followers on Twitter, over 2 million followers on Facebook, and 800k plus subscribers on YouTube.
Lloyd Polite Jr.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Lloyd has residences in –
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Lloyd received his GED (General Educational Development) certificate on March 14, 2016.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Dancer, Actor
- Father – Lloyd Polite Sr.
- Mother – Robin Lewis Polite
- Siblings – Brandy (Older Sister), Chuckie D (Younger Brother), Kristen (Younger Sister) (She passed away when she was less than a year old.)
Lloyd is managed by –
- AMW Group Inc., Marketing and Entertainment Group, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Agency For Artist, Booking Agency, New York City, New York, United States
R&B, Hip Hop, Soul
- Young Goldie
- MJM Murder Inc.
- Def Jam
- The Inc.
- Universal Motown
- Zone 4
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lloyd has dated –
- Dehea Abraham – Lloyd has been in a relationship with Dehea Abraham for a long time. The couple has a son named River who was born in September 2017 and they also have plans to expand their family further.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black, White)
Lloyd has African-American, Scottish, and Louisiana Creole ancestry.
- Long curly hair
- Tattoos on his upper body
Best Known For
- Producing hit singles like Southside (featuring Ashanti), Hey Young Girl, You (featuring Lil Wayne), Get It Shawty, Player’s Prayer, How We Do It (Around My Way) (featuring Ludacris), Girls Around the World (featuring Lil Wayne), Year of the Lover, Lay It Down, Cupid, Dedication to My Ex (Miss That) (featuring André 3000), and Tru
On July 20, 2004, his debut album, Southside, was released through the labels Murder Inc. and Def Jam. It consisted of 16 tracks.
First TV Show
In 2005, Lloyd made his first TV show appearance in an episode of the series One on One.
Lloyd is very particular about his physical well being. He used to work out every day twice at the UCLA’s Drake Stadium. Previously, he practiced Bikram’s Yoga and ran 5 km until he started seeing results.
As for his diet, Lloyd maintains a strict and disciplined eating habit. He has reduced his meat, sugar, and processed food intake and opts for more vegetables, fruits, and other healthy food like quinoa. The results of his disciplined workout routine and diet plan have been impressive.
- He was raised in the parts of Calliope Projects in Central City, New Orleans.
- When he was just 2 years old, he lost his father and he was raised by his mother.
- He moved to Atlanta, Georgia with his mother and older sister.
- Aged 14, he and his younger brother were in a band called N-TOON with two other boys. However, the band disbanded in 2001.
- In 2003, Lloyd started his solo career.
- His debut single, Southside, featuring Ashanti reached the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and peaked on Top 40 hit list.
- He donated his signature long hair to charity on September 3, 2010.
- On July 6, 2011, he got a “Guns & Roses” tattoo on the back of his head.
- The lyrics of his song, Tru, detail how he lost his unborn child to abortion and some other family issues that have left an enormous void in his life.
- In 2012, Lloyd and his associates got into trouble over drugs while on a concert tour in New Zealand.
- He has worked with several artists and groups including 8Ball & MJG, Tango Redd, Ja Rule, Huey, Pitbull, Dem Franchize Boyz, Jibbs 2009, Young Money, S. Fresh, Lloyd Banks, Nipsey Hussle, Wale, August Alsina, Bizzy Crook, Malachiae Warren, and Big K.R.I.T.
- Follow Lloyd on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Lloyd / Instagram