|Sophia Ali Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1995|
Sophia Ali is an American television and film star who has been a part of the generation of actresses, who started representing Middle Eastern and Pakistani women on TV, which began to change the face of Hollywood.
Sophia Taylor Ramseyer Ali
San Diego, California, United States
- Father – Asim Ali
- Mother – Brooke Ali
- Siblings – Kamran Ali (Younger Brother) (Former Actor), Shan Ali (Younger Brother) (Former Actor)
She is represented by Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Tyler Posey (2017-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
- Bushy eyebrows
- Tattoos all over her body
- Skinny look
Sophia Ali Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Music, Writing Songs
- Ideal Role – Character representing a Pakistani woman
- Her Look – On the cover of Runway magazine
- Scenes To Film – Amusing clips for Grey’s Anatomy like chasing a dog let loose inside the hospital, cracking jokes to an unresponsive Alex Karev
- Activities – Acting and Performing in front of people
- Pastime – Travelling with her boyfriend, Caring for abused animals
- Type Of Trips – Road trips in her own car
- Place To Put Up On Trips – Airbnbs
- Animals – Dogs
Sophia Ali Facts
- In her childhood, her mother would not allow her to watch the popular TV show Grey’s Anatomy because of the late time slot but Ali would still manage to watch it, hiding in a place she would not be seen.
- Her first job after passing out from college was at an American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.
- At the beginning of her acting career, she used to be cast in the “pretty girl” characters, having no obvious ethnicity.
- Ali made her television debut in 2003 in the show K Street.
- In 2010, she starred in Shake It Up, the sitcom that originally aired on Disney Channel from November 7, 2010, to November 10, 2013.
- She appeared in an episode of the American police procedural TV drama show on CBS titled CSI: Miami in 2011.
- In 2016, Ali played the role of Sabrina in 5 episodes of the single-camera romantic comedy show, Faking It.
- In 2017, Ali was cast in the ABC medical drama series, Grey’s Anatomy. Her character Dr. Dahlia Qadri, a veiled medical intern of Pakistani descent was the first Muslim to be added to the already diverse cast of the show.
- Ali loved the fact that in Grey’s Anatomy, her character’s Muslim faith was not dealt with as an important factor.
- In the breakout scene of the 14th season of Grey’s Anatomy, Ali as the intern touched the hearts of many when she took off her hijab and used it as a tourniquet to help an emergency patient, her veil being the symbol of her faith, which was about service and compassion.
- In 2018, she was cast as Joanie in 4 episodes of the television drama show Famous in Love.
- She has appeared in popular films such as Missionary Man (2007), Everybody Wants Some!! (2016), and Truth or Dare (2018).
- During her shootings, Ali has enjoyed doing strange things that people would usually find uncomfortable such as applying chicken on her face to make a dog lick her.
Featured Image by Sophia Ali / Instagram