|LaRoyce Hawkins Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
LaRoyce Hawkins is an American actor, stand-up comic, voiceover artist, producer, and musician who has gained fame with his role as Officer Kevin Atwater in the police procedural drama television series, Chicago P.D. He has also been cast in several other shows and movies in roles like Michael ‘Shaw’ Owens in South Side, Dorcey Gamble in Detroit 1-8-7, Amari Crawford in Canal Street, Mr. Baser in Hope Springs Eternal, and Art Baker in The Express: The Ernie Davis Story.
Harvey, Cook County, Illinois, United States
LaRoyce Hawkins studied at Thornton High School and also played basketball. However, he later left the basketball team and joined the speech team as his grandfather had advised him to “choose what makes you feel better”.
As part of the speech team, he twice won the state championship in comedy speech writing and received awards twice from the Illinois High Speech Association: for “original comedy” in his junior year and for “humorous acting duet” in his senior year.
Actor, Stand-Up Comic, Voiceover Artist, Musician, Producer
- Mother – Leah Bradley
- Sibling – La’Mar Hawkins (Brother)
LaRoyce Hawkins is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a beard
- Prominent Adam’s apple
LaRoyce Hawkins Facts
- He grew up in Harvey, Illinois.
- It was his grandparents who raised him until he was 13 years old and he has credited them for shaping his life.
- LaRoyce Hawkins made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Art Baker in the 2008 sports film, The Express: The Ernie Davis Story, which is based on the life of Syracuse University football player Ernie Davis who was the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy.
- In 2014, he started appearing as Officer Kevin Atwater, a uniformed patrol officer who was Burgess’s former partner until he was promoted to the Intelligence Unit, in Chicago P.D. LaRoyce Hawkins co-starred on the show alongside Jason Beghe, Jon Seda, Sophia Bush, Jesse Lee Soffer, Patrick John Flueger, Marina Squerciati, Archie Kao, Elias Koteas, Amy Morton, Brian Geraghty, Tracy Spiridakos, and Lisseth Chavez.
- He was cast as Mr. Baser in the 2018 indie comedy film, Hope Springs Eternal.
- In 2019, he started playing the recurring role of Michael ‘Shaw’ Owens in the comedy television series, South Side, which premiered on Comedy Central on July 24, 2019.
Featured Image by LaRoyce Hawkins / Instagram