|Elias Koteas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1961|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Elias Koteas is a Canadian actor who is prominently known for his appearances in various films such as Some Kind of Wonderful (1987), The Adjuster (1991), Exotica (1994), The Prophecy (1995), Crash (1996), Fallen (1998), The Thin Red Line (1998), and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film series.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
He completed his training in acting from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York in 1983.
Elias also attended classes with Montreal drama teacher Ann Page.
Koteas is represented by United Talent Agency, Kipperman Management, and Katz Golden.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Elias Koteas has dated –
- Jennifer Rubin (1987-1990) – Elias married actress Jennifer Rubin on December 2, 1987, but the couple’s relationship did not last very long and they got a divorce in 1990.
- Heather Graham (1997)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Greek ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
- Bald at the crown of his head
- Thick eyebrows
Elias Koteas Facts
- He was raised in a family of hardworking individuals. His father was a mechanic for the Canadian National Railways, whereas, his mother was a hatter.
- Both of his parents belonged to the Mani Peninsula and were both of Greek origin.
- Elias can fluently speak in Greek.
- He made his debut as an actor in the film Atlantic City, USA in 1980. However, he was only credited as an extra. Later, in 1985, he was given his first theatrical film role as Eddie in One Magic Christmas alongside the likes of stars such as Mary Steenburgen, Gary Basaraba, Arthur Hill, and Michelle Meyrink.
- Elias made his debut TV show appearance as Jerry Travers in the Crime Story in 1988. He is also accredited for his role in various other TV shows including Chicago P.D., The Killing, and Combat Hospital.
- In 1990, he was cast as the comic character Arnold Bernid Jones also known as Casey in the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. He was also cast in its sequel Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993).
- He is often said to resemble the looks of actor Christopher Meloni.
- His name in Greek is written as Ηλίας Κοτέας.
- Elias was close friends with American character actor Leonard Termo prior to his death in 2012.
- During his younger years, he wanted to be either an architect or a civil engineer.
- He once stated that he was a huge fan of film producer Dick Wolf.
Featured Image By Jose M Mendez / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0