|Christopher Bailey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1971|
Christopher Bailey is a British fashion designer who previously served as the president and chief creative officer of Burberry until May 2014, before being promoted to chief creative officer and president of the company before being succeeded by Riccardo Tisci in February 2018.
Halifax, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Bailey completed his Bachelor of Art’s degree from the University of Westminster in 1990, later graduating with a master’s degree from the Royal College of Art in 1994. In 2004, he received an honorary degree and an honorary doctorate degree in 2013 from the Royal College of Art.
In 2006, he was given an honorary degree from the University of Westminster and an honorary degree in doctorate of science from the University of Huddersfield in 2007.
Fashion Designer, Former Chief Creative Officer And President, Burberry Group
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christopher has dated –
- Geert Cloet – Christopher met Miu Miu‘s brand designer Geert Cloet during his time in Milan. The couple led a happy life until 2004 when Geert was diagnosed with brain cancer and the following year passed away.
- Simon Woods (2009-Present) – British actor Simon Woods and Christopher began dating one another sometime in 2009 and tied the knot in 2012. The couple has 2 children – girls named Iris and Nell.
Race / Ethnicity
- He sports a spikey brushed-up hairstyle.
- Thin eyebrows
- Alluring eyes
Christopher Bailey Facts
- He was raised by a carpenter father and his mother was a window-dresser in Marks & Spencer.
- Having worked alongside his father in a number of houses, Christopher wanted to be architecture growing up.
- He once stated in an interview that choosing to pursue a career in fashion was by accident.
- After completing college, Bailey relocated to New York where he worked with fashion designer Donna Karan from 1994 to 1996. After that, he went on to join Gucci as their senior womenswear designer from 1996 to 2001.
- In 2001, he joined Burberry, as their creative director.
- Christopher won a British Fashion Awards (UK) for “Designer of the Year” in 2005.
- In May 2014, it was announced that Bailey had become the first gay executive to make it into the FTSE 100 corporations.