|Natalia Fedner Quick Info
|5 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|February 12, 1983
Natalia Fedner is an American fashion designer, inventor, actor, voice artist, and producer who is best known for inventing a six-way stretch metal textile. Her designs have been worn by a number of noted celebrities such as Cher, Jennifer Lopez, Rosalía, Shakira, Alicia Keys, Kim Kardashian, Pamela Anderson, Doja Cat, Charlize Theron, Kylie Jenner, Sharon Stone, Bebe Rexha, Megan Thee Stallion, Hailee Steinfeld, Lenny Kravitz, Keke Palmer, Vanessa Hudgens, Cardi B, and Anitta. In addition to that, Natalia Fedner has also been a part of a variety of shows and movies which include the likes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Gossip Girl, Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, The Bartender Hates You, iCarly, Emo Girl, Bitter Strippers, The Company We Keep, Aim High, 1000 Ways to Die, Scuzz Twittly: Keep Yer Hands Off My PBR, Indigo, and Freshly Baked with Bud Leaf.
Chernivtsi, Chernivtsi Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
Los Angeles, California, United States
Natalia Fedner studied at Bexley High School in Bexley, Ohio. After graduating high school, she completed the Fashion Design BFA program at Parsons School of Design (New York City and Parsons Paris). While at Parsons, she studied under Tim Gunn and won the Silver Thimble Award for best collection in her junior year.
From the third through twelfth grade, Natalia Fedner attended art classes at Columbus College of Art and Design (CCAD) (a private art school located in Columbus, Ohio) on a merit-based scholarship.
Fashion Designer, Inventor, Actor, Producer, Voice Artist
- Father – Gregory Fedner (Civil Engineer)
- Mother – Alla Fedner (Computer Programmer)
- Siblings – She has twin sisters.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Natalia Fedner Facts
- When she was just 4 years of age, she discovered her passion for design.
- She was 6 years old when she immigrated to Columbus, Ohio as a refugee along with her parents.
- Natalia Fedner was selected to compete in “Fusion Fashion: FIT vs. Parsons” during her freshman year and she went on to win the Fusion Award.
- Her designs were featured in the Saks Fifth Avenue Holiday Window Display in her senior year.
- Natalia Fedner interned for Donna Karan and Marc Jacobs and then worked as a design assistant at Calvin Klein Women’s Collection under Francisco Costa in the past.
- She appeared as a contestant on the debut season of Lifetime’s Project Runway: Under the Gunn in 2014 and concluded her journey on the show placing 6th.
- She served as a costume designer on the 2nd season of the YouTube web series Epic Rap Battles of History. For that season, the show won a Streamy Award for the best use of fashion and design for that season.
- Natalia Fedner launched her self-titled couture label in Los Angeles in 2014.
- In the music video for the song First Love, Jennifer Lopez wore a Natalia Fedner couture knit gown and Lopez became the first celebrity to publicly mention the new label during an interview with Entertainment Tonight in May 2014.
- The Ukrainian Fashion Club invited Natalia to visit Ukraine in February 2020. The visit marked her first-ever visit to the country since leaving as a refugee.
- Her first solo fashion show presenting her Spring/Summer 2022 Ready-To-Wear collection was held at Miami Swim Week in July 2021.
- She won the Emerging Leader Alumni Award from Bexley High School in October 2021.
- Following the Russian attack on Ukraine on February 24, 2022, Natalia Fedner started fundraising and coordinating with NGOs as well as established charities to help Ukrainian refugees, including people she met during her 2020 visit. She also held a fashion show to raise money for medical supplies for Ukrainians in October 2022.
- She has done voiceover work for video games such as The Evil Within and Grand Theft Auto V.
Featured Image by Francis Bertrand / Natalia Fedner / CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED