|Ted Nugent Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1948|
Ted Nugent is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, and political activist who had first come into the spotlight in 1963 as the lead guitarist of the rock band The Amboy Dukes, and was recognized for his bluesy and frantic guitar playing and energetic live performances. He had embarked on a solo career in 1975 and had also been a part of the rock supergroup Damn Yankees in the late 1980s and early 1990s. In the latter part of his career, he became well recognized for his outspoken and blunt views on issues such as game hunting and gun control.
Theodore Anthony Nugent
The Nuge, Ted, Motor City Madman, Uncle Ted, Terrible Ted
Redford Charter Township, Wayne County, Michigan, United States
Waco, McLennan County, Texas, United States
Ted had attended the St. Viator High School in Arlington Heights, Illinois, and the William Fremd High School in Palatine, Illinois. He had later studied at the Oakland Community College in Michigan.
Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Political Activist
- Father – Warren Henry Nugent (Army Sergeant) (d. 1993)
- Mother – Marion Dorothy Nugent (née Johnson) (d. 1989)
- Siblings – Jeff Nugent (Older Brother), John Nugent (Older Brother), Kathy Nugent (Younger Sister)
- Others – John P. Nugent (Paternal Grandfather), Emma Genevieve (Paternal Grandmother), Henning Arthur Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Rachel Amelia Pearson (Maternal Grandmother)
Hard Rock, Arena Rock, Southern Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Acid Rock
- Spitfire Records
- Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Epic Records
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ted has dated –
- Sandra Janowski (1970–1979) – Ted began dating Sandra Janowski in 1970 and the couple got married on January 30, 1971. They had 3 children together – 2 daughters named Sasha Nugent and Starr Nugent and a son named Theodore Tobias Nugent. The couple got divorced in August 1979. Sandra passed away in a car accident in 1982.
- Pele Massa (1978-1988) – Ted began dating Hawaii native Pele Massa in 1978 but the duo could not get married due to their age difference. They parted ways in 1988 after a decade-long relationship.
- Courtney Love (1979)
- Britt Ekland (1979)
- Shemane Deziel (1989–Present) – Ted married Shemane Deziel on January 21, 1989, and they have a son together named Rocco Winchester Nugent (Actor).
- Before his first marriage to Sandra, in the late 1960s, he had fathered a daughter and a son named Ted Mann from an unnamed relationship. He had given both of them up for adoption when they were infants and this had not become public knowledge until 2010. The siblings were adopted by separate families and had no contact with each other until 2010.
- In 2005, Ted had agreed to pay child support for a son that he had fathered while married to Shemane Deziel.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish and German descent on his father’s side and Swedish descent on his mother’s side.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Affable smile
- Regularly sports a cowboy hat
- Sports a soul patch beard
- Puffy face
Ted Nugent Favorite Things
- Ice Hockey Team – Detroit Red Wings
- Basketball Team – Detroit Pistons
- American Football Team – Detroit Lions
- Baseball Team – Detroit Tigers
Source – Wikipedia
Ted Nugent Facts
- In 1989, Ted had unsuccessfully attempted to buy a background music company called Muzak so that he could shut it down.
- He had once reported that he and his children had received threats from alleged ‘radical-anarchist environmentalists’ due to his well-documented love and advocacy of game hunting.
- Ted has been on the ‘Board of Directors’ of the National Rifle Association (NRA) since 1995.
- He has authored or co-authored the books Blood Trails: The Truth About Bowhunting (1991), God, Guns & Rock and Roll (2000), Blood Trails II: The Truth About Bowhunting (2004), Kill It & Grill It: A Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish (2005), and Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto (2008).
Featured Image by Ted Nugent / Instagram