|Gavin Rossdale Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1965|
Gavin Rossdale is a British musician, singer, songwriter, and actor who is best known as the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of the rock band Bush. Formed in 1992, the band’s discography consists of albums like Sixteen Stone (1994), Razorblade Suitcase (1996), The Science of Things (1999), Golden State (2001), The Sea of Memories (2011), Man on the Run (2014), Black and White Rainbows (2017), and The Kingdom (2020). Gavin Rossdale has also served as the lead singer and guitarist for the rock band Institute. Moreover, he has worked as a solo artist and has released songs and albums such as Love Remains the Same, WANDERlust, Forever May You Run, and Adrenaline.
Gavin McGregor Rossdale
Marylebone, London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Gavin went to the Westminster School in London. However, he dropped out of school at the age of 17 to pursue his singing career.
Singer, Musician, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Douglas Rossdale (Doctor)
- Mother – Barbara Stephan (Former Model)
- Siblings – Soraya Rossdale (Younger Sister), Lorraine Rossdale (Older Sister), Georgina (Half-Sister) (Doctor)
- Others – George Harold Rossdale (Paternal Grandfather), Kate / Katie Alberta Woolf (Paternal Grandmother)
Note – After his parents got divorced, when he was 11, he was raised by his father and his aunt.
Gavin has been represented by –
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- The MGMT Company
- Creative Artists Agency
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Alternative rock, post-grunge, hard rock, grunge
Vocals, Guitar, Fender Jazzmaster, Fender Stratocaster, Gibson Les Paul, ESP Eclipsetar
His net worth had been $45 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gavin Rossdale has dated –
- Suze DeMarchi – Gavin had an affair with Australian singer and songwriter Suze DeMarchi in the late 1980s. It was reported that he had written the single, Glycerine for her. Also, it was rumored that Comedown from Bush’s 1994 album, Sixteen Stone was about their relationship.
- Marilyn – Gavin had a relationship with British pop singer, Marilyn (full name Peter Robinson) in the 1980s. The first mention of their relationship was in Boy George’s biography. At that time, Gavin claimed it was a mere concocted story, which George wanted to use to boost his book sales. Then, in 2003, Marilyn dedicated a single, Hold on Tight to Gavin and to their passionate relationship. In 2009, Marilyn claimed that they had a five-year-long relationship before Gavin found success in the music industry. In 2010, Gavin also acknowledged their relationship but refuted that they had a long relationship. He claimed that at that time he was 17 years old and was experimenting.
- Pearl Lowe – Gavin dated English designer Pearl Lowe in the past. There are some sources that claim they had a brief fling in 1988. While there are others that state they had a 5-year long on and off affair in the late-1980s. Pearl was married to fertility specialist Bronner Handwerger during their affair. In 2004, after a paternity test, it was revealed that Gavin was the father of her daughter, Daisy Lowe, who was born in 1989. However, the paternity test drove a wedge between Gavin and the mother and daughter and he severed all contact with them. However, he did eventually form a good bond with Daisy and they were later spotted together on numerous occasions.
- Emily Lloyd (1990) – Gavin had a short-lived and a bit tragic affair with English actor Emily Lloyd in 1990. They had met through a mutual friend, Sacha Puttnam, who was the son of film producer David Puttnam. Emily would later recount that she felt an instant connection with him as soon as she met him. The problem was that the two other girls had felt the same at that time. One of those girls was Amy Fleetwood, who was also her friend. It was while conversing with her that she found Gavin was going out with Amy as well. When she confronted him, he owned up to it but claimed that his feeling was stronger for her. But when she asked to give Amy up, he refused to do so. One day, while she was waiting for Gavin at his flat, she became so depressed that she took aspirin tablets and slit her wrists.
- Amy Fleetwood (1990) – As mentioned earlier, Amy was part of the love triangle featuring Gavin and English actor Emily Floyd.
- Courtney Love (1996) – It was RUMORed that he had an affair with singer, songwriter, and actor Courtney Love in 1996.
- Nicole Appleton (1999) – Gavin started going out with Canadian actor and singer Nicole Appleton in October 1999. The rumors of their relationship became public after they were spotted making out in a club in London. Nicole was also the cause of the furious spat Gavin had with singer Robbie Williams in November 1999 at a concert in New York City. Robbie was Appleton’s former flame and it is safe to say, he wasn’t impressed with her new beau.
- Andrea Corr (2000) – Rossdale had an affair with Irish singer and musician, Andrea Corr in the summer of 2000. During the course of their affair, they were spotted at a number of public events and functions in London.
- Gwen Stefani (1995-2015) – Rossdale met American singer Gwen Stefani in 1995 after her band “No Doubt” had been selected to open for Gavin’s Bush. They started dating shortly after. In September 2002, they got married in a lavish ceremony. In May 2006, Gwen gave birth to a son, Kingston James McGregor Rossdale. 2 years later, they added another son, Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale to their family. In February 2014, she gave birth to their third son, Apollo Bowie Flynn Rossdale. In August 2015, Gwen filed for divorce after she found out that Gavin was having an affair with their children’s nanny. She had reportedly found n*de images of their nanny on their home iPad. He in return called her a hypocrite as she remained away from the family as well due to her work commitments.
- Mindy Mann (2013-2015) – He allegedly had an affair with Mindy Mann, the nanny of Gavin and Gwen Stefani’s children, between 2013 and 2015.
- Elin Nordegren (2016) – Gavin was RUMORed to be going out with former Swedish model Elin Nordegren, who also happened to be golfer Tiger Woods’ former wife. They had met through mutual friends, who had set up their first date in Los Angeles. She was flying out from Florida on a private plane to Los Angeles to spend more time with her new love.
- Sophia Thomalla (2017-2018) – The gossip about Gavin dating German model Sophia Thomalla first appeared in tabloids in March 2017 after they were pictured kissing on a street corner. He finally confirmed that they were dating in June. The duo parted ways in December 2018.
- Natalie Golba (2019) – In May 2019, he was romantically linked to model Natalie Golba.
- Gwen Singer (2021-Present) – He started going out with model Gwen Singer in the year 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Russian Jewish ancestry, whereas, on his mother’s side, he is of Scottish descent.
Best Known For
- Being the founder as well as the lead vocalist of the British rock band, Bush
- Having worked as a voice coach for the 2017 season of the reality TV show, The Voice UK
Gavin’s band Bush released their debut studio album, Sixteen Stone in December 1994. The album managed to reach the 4th spot on the Billboard 200 chart.
In June 2008, Gavin released his debut solo studio album, WANDERlust.
In 2001, Gavin made his first film appearance in an uncredited role in the comedy movie, Zoolander.
Gavin’s first credited role was in the rom-com movie, Little Black Book, which was released in August 2004.
First TV Show
In 1992, Gavin made his TV show debut in the British comedy series, The Comic Strip Presents.
Gavin is a big fan of yoga and especially loves indulging in Bikram yoga sessions. However, he has found out that it is difficult to do yoga on his tour bus.
So, when he is traveling for music shows, he gets off his tour bus and indulges in a game of tennis. However, he doesn’t play for more than an hour when he has a show.
On his off days, he indulges in longer games.
Gavin Rossdale Favorite Things
- Essentials – Stelton Pure Black Knife, Amy Glenn T-shirts, Rabbithole (Double layered strapped pants), PG Tips, Comme des Garçons Clothes, Hagström Guitar, Headphones, Elgydium Toothpaste, Babolat AeroPro Drive Racquets, and Japanese Beanie
- Headphone Brands – Skull Candy and Sennheiser
- Bars – The Queen’s in London, Mccarthy’s in County Cork, Mcgovern’s Bar in New York City, Blacks in London, and Kaberet in London
- Drinks – Sancerre Wine, Bordeaux Wine, and Cold Beer
- Cellar Wines – Pomerol, Pauillac, Bordeaux, Chablis, Gavi di Gavi, and Vermentino
- Music Idols – Sex Pistols, Bob Marley and Patti Smith
- Old Crushes – Blondie (Debbie Harry), PJ Harvey
- Writers – Ian McEwan, Paul Auster, Jeanette Winterson, and Kate Hughes
Gavin Rossdale Facts
- At the age of 12, he started working at an East London pub, which was called Pepper Pot House. He worked there until the age of 14.
- When he was 9 years old, he had a painful medical experience, when his appendix burst open.
- In his teens, he also worked at the East End pub, which was popular for its clientele that compromised of gangsters and other criminals, and its famous jellied eels.
- Gavin had an interest in music from a fairly young age. He learned how to play the guitar in his early teens from his sister Lorraine’s then-boyfriend. He later moved to rhythm guitar.
- After dropping out of school at the age of 17, he formed his first band, Midnight. They were quite popular in local clubs.
- In search of bigger opportunities, he moved to Los Angles in 1991. To sustain himself financially, he took a variety of miscellaneous jobs such as video art illustrator and house painter. He returned to England, 6 months later.
- He had initially named his band Future Primitive. However, in the summer of 1994, he changed its name to Bush.
- The popular music magazine Hit Parader has ranked him in the last spot in the list of Top 100 Heavy Metal Vocalists.
- In 2004, Gavin founded the alternative rock band, Institute. In 2005, they released their debut album, Distort Yourself, which only achieved moderate success and remained their only album as they broke up in 2006.
- While growing up, he had to spend a year in the hospital because of ear problems.
- With Bush, he released the band’s 8th studio album titled The Kingdom on July 17, 2020, and it included songs like Bullet Holes, The Kingdom, Undone, Ghosts in the Machine, Falling Away, Flowers on a Grave, Words Are Not Impediments, Blood River, and Send in the Clowns. The album peaked at number #4 on the UK Rock & Metal Albums (OCC) chart and at number #14 on the UK Independent Albums (OCC) chart.