|Nicole Appleton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1974|
Nicole Appleton first found fame as a member of British girls band, All Saints. The band burst on to the scene in 1997 with the release of their popular singles – I Know Where It’s At and Never Ever. For the next 4 years, the band was at the pinnacle of their popularity and released 2 studio albums, which went on to garner multiple platinum certifications in several countries. Then, she formed a music duo, Appleton, with her older sister Natalie and achieved some more success. She has also served as a presenter of the British music show, The Hot Desk, for more than a decade, starting from 2007.
Nicole Marie Appleton
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Nicole Appleton improved her acting and stage skills at the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London, England.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Television Presenter
- Father – Ken Appleton
- Mother – Mary Appleton
- Siblings – Lori Appleton (Older Sister), Lee Appleton (Older Sister), Natalie Appleton (Older Sister) (Actress, Singer, and Songwriter)
Nicole Appleton is represented by London based talent agency, CAM.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nicole Appleton has dated
- Huey Morgan – In the mid-nineties, Appleton had a short-lived affair with the American musician, Huey Morgan.
- Paul Sculfor – Just before she started going out with Robbie Williams, Appleton went out with English actor, Paul Sculfor. However, their relationship was fairly short-lived.
- Robbie Williams (1997-1999) – Nicole first met English singer Robbie Williams while shooting for the TV show, Top of the Pops. She later invited him to her birthday party and they spent the entire night talking. Soon after, they were officially in a relationship. Later, she found out that she was pregnant with his child. Robbie was thrilled but her band’s management and record label executives weren’t. She was pressurized into eventually getting an abortion. But it didn’t harm their relationship as he proposed to her over the summer of 1998. However, their busy and intense work schedules put their relationship under severe strain. And, they eventually cracked and their separation was made public in November 1999. However, it was revealed that they had separated in the summer.
- Gavin Rossdale (1999) – Towards the end of 1999, Nicole was reported to be going out with musician and singer, Gavin Rossdale. In November 1999, Rossdale even got in a scuffle with Robbie Williams. They had come across each other at the backstage of a gig in New York City and Williams got the ball rolling with a tirade of abuse to which Rossdale responded with insults. They had to be pulled apart to prevent a physical confrontation.
- Guy Ritchie (1999) – The British press linked Nicole with director Guy Ritchie in September 1999. It was reported that they had known each other for years but had grown close post her separation from Williams.
- Travis Fimmel (1999) – Nicole was in a relationship with Australian actor and model, Travis Fimmel, in 1999. However, their relationship lasted for a brief period as she got tired of his immaturity and decided to dump him.
- Justin Timberlake (2000) – In 2000, Appleton was linked with American singer, Justin Timberlake. They were seen partying together at London’s Mayfair Club. They were later seen hiding their faces as they left the club for the St. Martin’s Lane hotel, where he was staying.
- Liam Gallagher (2000-2014) – She started going out with Liam Gallagher, the lead vocalist of British group Oasis, in 2000. She gave birth to their son, Gene Gallagher, in July 2001. They got married on the Valentine’s Eve in 2008 in a secret and private wedding ceremony at Westminster Register Office. In August 2013, it was revealed that Liam was having an affair with his personal assistant Debbie Gwyther for months. It was further revealed that the affair had started even before his marriage to Nicole fell apart in July 2013. Later, she learned that he was expecting a child with the journalist, Liza Ghorbani. Nicole had enough and she divorced him in April 2014.
- Sid Owen (2013) – In December 2013, she was linked with English actor, Sid Owen, after he was spotted celebrating her birthday with a host of her close friends in Camden, North London.
- Nicholas Gray (2014-2016) – In October 2014, it was revealed that Nicole was going out with Nicholas Gray, who has worked as a lighting technician with rock band Kasabian, DJ Calvin Harris and on a number of London Fashion Week events. They had been spotted on a number of dates and were seen walking hand in hand near her house in North London. However, they had separated by the end of 2016 as she was seen out and about with another man.
- Danny Cipriani (2016) – Nicole was linked with rugby star, Danny Cipriani, in June 2016 after they were seen on a date at the Renaissance Hotel’s bar in London’s St Pancras area. As per onlookers, she looked completely smitten during the date.
- Olly (2016) – In December 2016, Appleton was going out with a mystery man, who is only known as Olly. They were seen out on a date at the Wells pub in Hampstead. They were seen getting close and cozy on the streets of London after the date.
Race / Ethnicity
She has British ancestry on her mother’s side while she is of Canadian descent on her father’s side.
Nicole Appleton has appeared in a TV commercial for Galaxy chocolate. Her song Don’t Worry was used in the TV commercial too.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the popular girls’ band All Saints. The band is best known for the popularity and commercial success of their album, Saints & Sinners, which zoomed to the top of UK music charts and earned multiple platinum certifications.
- Being one half of the music duo, Appleton, with her sister Natalie being the other half. They are best known for the success of their album, Everything’s Eventual, which was certified as ‘gold’ in the UK within two months of the release.
In November 1997, her music band released their debut studio album, All Saints. The album was certified platinum 5 times in the UK and peaked at the 2nd spot on UK music charts.
In 2000, Nicole made her theatrical film debut in the leading role in the black comedy movie, Honest. However, the movie didn’t receive favorable reviews and has been called by some critics one of the worst films of all time.
First TV Show
In 1997, Nicole Appleton made her first TV show appearance in the All Saints: I Know Where It’s At episode of the music TV series, Fresh Pop.
Nicole Appleton Facts
- She spent her childhood living in London, New York City, and Toronto.
- In 1996, Nicole and her sister were made the third and fourth member of the band, All Saints, by the founding members Melanie Blatt and Shaznay Lewis.
- Her band got the international breakthrough with the release of their single, Never Ever. The song went on to feature in the Top 10 of music charts in several countries.
- In February 2001, All Saints announced that the band was taking a break so that the band members could resolve their differences. By the end of the year, it was revealed that All Saints had disbanded.
- In 2002, it was announced that she had collaborated with her sister Natalie to form the music duo, Appleton. They instantly caught attention with the success of their debut single, Fantasy, which managed to reach the 2nd spot on the UK Singles Chart.
- In October 2002, Nicole and Natalie announced the publication of their autobiography, Together.
- It was announced in January 2006 that All Saints had got back together and had signed up with Parlophone for their second stint. They eventually released their 3rd studio album, Studio 1, which achieved mild success in comparison to their previous releases.
- After the release of the third album, the band went on their second hiatus. The band came back together again in 2014 as they were roped in to support Backstreet Boys for their 5 shows in UK and Ireland.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by ger1axg / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0