|Kim Dong-wook Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Dong-wook is a South Korean actor, theatre artist, host, singer, and musician who has been cast in a variety of shows such as Coffee Prince, Break, Beneficial Fraud, Unstoppable Marriage, The Guest, Partner, Soul Special, Radiant Office, Hometown of Legends: Silent Village, The Great Gift, Dandelion Family, The King of Pigs, I Trusted Him, Cheo Yong 2, Riders: Catch Tomorrow, More Than a Maid, Run Into You, The Guest, Special Labor Inspector, Find Me in Your Memory, You Are My Spring, Sh**ting Stars, and Saturday Night Live Korea. Moreover, his film credits include My Wife is a Gangster 2, Five Senses of Eros, The Concubine, Take Off, Countdown, APT, A Crimson Mark, Happy Killers, The Accidental Detective 2: In Action, No Regret, My Lovely Week, Flying Boys, The Cat, Finding Mr. Destiny, Romantic Heaven, Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds, Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days, The Fever in Deep Blue Sea, The Apple, Burning Coals on His Head, Lost and Found, My Night with Miss Marple, A Nymph of a Lamp, Cafe Seoul, Three Summer Nights, Trade Your Love, and Living Together, Happy Together.
Chuncheon, Gangwon, South Korea
Kim Dong-wook attended the Korea National University of Arts – School of Drama.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Singer, Musician, Host
Kim Dong-wook has been represented by KeyEast Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kim Dong-wook has dated –
- In August 2023, it was reported that Kim Dong-wook was planning to marry his non-celebrity girlfriend later that year.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Dong-wook is of Korean descent.
Kim Dong-wook Facts
- He played the supporting role of Jin Ha-rim in the 2007 romantic comedy-drama television series Coffee Prince.
- Alongside Ha Jung-woo, Kim Ji-seok, Choi Jae-hwan, Lee Jae-eung, and Sung Dong-il, Kim Dong-wook co-starred as Choi Hong-cheol in the 2009 sports comedy-drama film Take Off. For this performance, he bagged the award for “Best New Actor” at the 2009 Director’s Cut Awards and the 2010 Max Movie Awards.
- On August 30, 2012, he enlisted for his mandatory military service at a training camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province and underwent 5 weeks of basic training. He served for 2 years as a riot policeman for the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency and was discharged on May 29, 2014.
- Kim Dong-wook was cast in the supporting role of Kim Soo-hong in the 2017 fantasy action film Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds, starring Ha Jung-woo, Cha Tae-hyun, Ju Ji-hoon, and Kim Hyang-gi. This role won him the Chunsa Film Art Award for “Best Supporting Actor” as well as got him nominated for a Baeksang Arts Award for “Best Supporting Actor – Film” and Blue Dragon Film Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He brought to life the character of Jo Jin-gap (a pure-hearted, hardworking, and honest person with a strong sense of justice) in the 2019 social satire action-comedy television series Special Labor Inspector. His co-stars for the project included Park Se-young, Ryu Deok-hwan, and Kim Kyung-nam.
- Kim Dong-wook’s performance in Special Labor Inspector won him the Korea Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actor”, Seoul International Drama Award for “Best Actor”, and MBC Drama Awards for “Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Monday-Tuesday Miniseries” as well as “Grand Prize (Daesang)”.
- In 2021, he was seen as Joo Yeong-do (a psychiatrist who wants to make people live) in the mystery drama thriller romantic comedy television series You Are My Spring.
- His theatre credits include having been cast in productions of Legally Blonde, Brave Brothers, etc.
- Kim Dong-wook made a donation of ₩50 million to the Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association on March 8, 2022, to help the victims of the massive wildfire that started in Uljin, Gyeongbuk and spread to Samcheok, Gangwon.
Featured Image by NewsInStar / YouTube / CC BY 3.0