|Parag Agrawal Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1984|
Parag Agrawal is an Indian-American technology executive who made headlines in November 2021 for replacing Jack Dorsey as the new CEO of the micro-blogging website, Twitter. He has more than 400k followers on Twitter and more than 100k followers on Instagram. Parag was fired from his position as Twitter CEO by Elon Musk in October 2022 after he purchased Twitter for $44 billion in October 2022.
Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
San Francisco, California, United States
Parag was a student at Atomic Energy Central School No. 4. In 2005, he graduated from IIT Bombay with a B. Tech degree in computer science and engineering.
He traveled to Stanford University in California and earned his Ph.D. in computer science with Jennifer Widom as his mentor.
- Father – Ram Gopal Agrawal (Senior Official at the Indian Department of Atomic Energy)
- Mother – Shashi Agrawal (Economics Professor at the Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute)
- Siblings – Kunal Agrawal (Sister)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Parag has dated –
- Vineeta Agarwala (2015-Present) – Parag married Vineeta Agarwala, who works as a physician and investor, in January 2016. The couple welcomed a boy named Ansh Agrawal on Thanksgiving Day i.e., November 22, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mostly wears black from head to toe
- Tall stature
Parag Agrawal Facts
- He was awarded a gold medal at the 2001 International Physics Olympiad that took place in Turkey.
- Parag worked at other tech companies like Yahoo, Microsoft, and AT&T before joining Twitter in 2011.
- As of 2022, he is one of the many Indian-origin CEOs heading big-tech companies alongside Satya Nadella of Microsoft, Sundar Pichai of Google and Alphabet, Arvind Krishna of IBM, and Shantanu Narayen of Adobe.
- Parag’s school classmate was the famous Indian singer Shreya Ghoshal.
- His thesis paper titled ‘Incorporating Uncertainty in Data Management and Integration’ was published in 2012.
- In April 2022, it was revealed that if Parag would be terminated within 12 months of hiring, he would be awarded approx $42 million. He was given the title of CEO of Twitter in November 2021.
- In June 2022, when he visited the Twitter UK office for a series of events, he was seen taking coffee orders from the staff. Twitter CFO Ned Segal and the Managing Director of Twitter UK were also in attendance to serve cookies and other stuff to their staff.
- In October 2022, Parag was terminated from his position as Twitter CEO after Elon Musk took control of the company in October 2022. Overall, he worked for 11 months in the company. Also, as per the agreement, he was likely to receive $42 million from Musk which included his base salary plus all his unvested equity rewards were vested.
Featured Image by Clark Baker / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0