|Parag Agrawal Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1984|
Parag Agrawal is an Indian-American technology executive who made headlines in November 2021 for replacing Jack Dorsey as the new CEO of the micro-blogging website, Twitter. He has more than 400k followers on Twitter and more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
San Francisco, California, United States
Parag was a student at Atomic Energy Central School No. 4. In 2005, he graduated from IIT Bombay with a B. Tech degree in computer science and engineering.
He traveled to Stanford University in California and earned his PhD in computer science with Jennifer Widom as his mentor.
- Father – Ram Gopal Agrawal (Senior Official at the Indian Department of Atomic Energy)
- Mother – Shashi Agrawal (Economics Professor at the Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute)
- Siblings – Kunal Agrawal (Sister)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Parag has dated –
- Vineeta Agarwala (2015-Present) – Parag married Vineeta Agarwala, who works as a physician and investor, in January 2016. The couple welcomed a boy named Ansh Agrawal on Thanksgiving Day i.e., November 22, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mostly wears black from head to toe
- Tall stature
Parag Agrawal Facts
- He was awarded a gold medal at the 2001 International Physics Olympiad that took place in Turkey.
- Parag worked at other tech companies like Yahoo, Microsoft, and AT&T before joining Twitter in 2011.
- As of 2022, he is one of the many Indian-origin CEOs heading big-tech companies alongside Satya Nadella of Microsoft, Sundar Pichai of Google and Alphabet, Arvind Krishna of IBM, and Shantanu Narayen of Adobe.
- Parag’s school classmate was the famous Indian singer Shreya Ghoshal.
- His thesis paper titled ‘Incorporating Uncertainty in Data Management and Integration’ was published in 2012.
Featured Image by Clark Baker / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0