|Cate Blanchett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1969|
Cate Blanchett is an Australian actress and producer who is best known for portraying roles such as Elizabeth I in Elizabeth, Katharine Hepburn in The Aviator, and Jeanette “Jasmine” Francis in Blue Jasmine. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Thank God He Met Lizzie, An Ideal Husband, Eyes Wide Shut, The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Lord of the Rings series, The Good German, Notes on a Scandal, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Cinderella, Carol, Thor: Ragnarok, Ocean’s 8, Stateless, Mrs. America, and Family Guy. For her acting skills, Cate has won numerous awards such as the Academy Awards, Australian Academy Film Awards, Golden Globe Awards, and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Catherine Élise Blanchett
Cate attended Ivanhoe East Primary School in Melbourne. She completed secondary education from Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School and subsequently took admission into Methodist Ladies’ College in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Blanchett later studied fine arts and economics at the University of Melbourne. However, she dropped out after one year. Finally, Cate graduated from the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in 1992 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
- Father – Robert DeWitt Blanchett, Jr (Was United States Navy petty officer and after retiring worked as an advertising executive) (Died in 1979)
- Mother – June (née Gamble) (Previously worked as a teacher and Australian property developer)
- Siblings – Genevieve Blanchett (Younger Sister) (Theatrical designer), Bob Blanchett (Older Brother) (Computer Systems Engineer)
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cate Blanchett met Australian playwright Andrew Upton in 1996 when they were working on the play The Seagull. After dating for a couple of months (though they were introduced to each other in 1996, but they didn’t start dating at that time. They disliked each other in their first meeting.), the duo got married on December 29, 1997. They have 4 children together – 3 sons, namely, Dashiell John (born – December 3, 2001), Roman Robert (born – April 23, 2004), and Ignatius Martin (born – April 13, 2008), and 1 daughter Edith Vivian Patricia, who was adopted, the news of which was confirmed on March 6, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Cate is of English descent, with a distant French and Scottish ancestry.
Highly defined cheekbones
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (US)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
- She is the face of Procter & Gamble’s SK-II.
- She is also the ambassador for Australian Conservation Foundation.
- In 2013, Cate was announced as the brand ambassador for Giorgio Armani fragrances.
Best Known For
Playing Queen Elizabeth I in the 1998 film Elizabeth, as Katharine Hepburn in the 2004 film The Aviator, as Sheba Hart in the 2006 film Notes on a Scandal, as Jude Quinn (Bob Dylan) in the 2007 film I’m Not There, as Jeanette ‘Jasmine’ Francis in the 2013 film Blue Jasmine.
Cate starred in her debut movie Police Rescue: The Movie for her role as Vivian released in 1994. The 94-minute long movie did the business of Australian $658,814.
She starts her day with hot water and lemon juice in the morning. Cate tries to stay away from additives and wheat, just to remain in best shape. The actress does not follow any strict diet plan, she maintains her figure by eating healthy food.
She once followed lymphatic cleanse diet to return to shape rapidly.
Cate Blanchett Favorite Things
- Mascara – SK-II’s or Tom Ford’s mascara
- Skin Care Products – Sensai (By Sisley), SK-II eye cream,
- Makeup Artist – Mary Greenwell
- Novelist – Peter Carey
- Actress – Mia Wasikowska
Source – HarpersBazaar.co.uk, Oprah.com, Vogue.co.uk
Cate Blanchett Facts
- When Cate was 10, her father died due to heart failure.
- During her childhood, she was kind of “part extrovert, part wallflower”.
- Methodist Ladies’ College is the place, where she developed her passion for acting.
- As of 2014, she received six Oscar nominations, out of which four were to play real people. But, she was able to win only 1 Oscar award for the 2004 film The Aviator in which she played Katharine Hepburn.
- On March 30, 2012, she was appointed as Chevalier the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government to recognize her contribution in the field of arts.
- She has also done theater work and appeared in dozens of plays.
- Initially, Cate was considered for the voice role of Mrs. Fox in the 2009 animated adventure comedy movie Fantastic Mr. Fox, but the later the role was offered to Meryl Streep.
- She gave birth to her third child at the age of 38.
- Blanchett was presented with the role of Daisy Fuller in the 2008 film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button after English actress Rachel Weisz backed out as she had scheduling problems.
- She is good friends with fellow Australian actress Nicole Kidman.
- In 2007 and 2013, Cate was included in the Empire‘s “100 Sexiest Movie Stars of All-Time” list.
- Her wax statue was unveiled at Madame Tussauds Hollywood in 2015. The statue was a recreation of the yellow Valentino dress which she wore at the 2005 Academy Awards.
- During the 2022 Cesar Awards, Cate was honored with the “Honorary Cesar Award”.
- In May 2016, she was announced as a global Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- In April 2022, Cate was honored with the prestigious “Chaplin Award” at the 2022 Chaplin Award Gala.
- In September 2022, Cate received the “Best Actress” award for her work in Tar at the Venice Film Festival.
- In November 2022, Cate appeared in the music video of a song called Mortar. The song was featured in her 2022 movie TÁR.
- In January 2023, Cate won the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama” for her work on TÁR. For the same role, she won the 2023 Critics Choice Award in the “Best Actress” category.
- In January 2023, she was featured on the cover of W Magazine’s “Volume 1, Best Performances” issue.
- In February 2023, Cate won the EE BAFTA Film Award for “Best Actress” for her role in TAR.
- In March 2023, Cate was included in TIME Magazine‘s “Women of the Year” list.
- She is not present on social media.