|Bad Bunny Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bad Bunny is a Puerto Rican rapper, singer, and songwriter who has emerged as one of the most promising Latin artists and has released albums and tracks such as I Like It (with Cardi B and J Balvin), Te Guste (with Jennifer Lopez), Solo de Mí, No Me Conoce (Remix) (with Jhay Cortez and J Balvin), Un Dia (One Day) (with J Balvin, Dua Lipa, and Tainy), and Mia (featuring Drake). In 2020, he performed at the Super Bowl LIV halftime show as a guest alongside Shakira and Jennifer Lopez and the same year, he also became the first non-English language act to be Spotify’s most-streamed artist of the year.
Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio
Almirante Sur, Vega Baja, Puerto Rico
Bad Bunny joined the University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo to study audiovisual communication but left it midway to focus on his singing career.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Benito Martínez (Truck Driver)
- Mother – Lysaurie Ocasio Declet (Schoolteacher)
- Siblings – Bernie (Younger Brother), Bysael (Younger Brother)
- Others – Francisco Ocasio Santiago (Maternal Grandfather), Isaura Declet Meléndez (Maternal Grandmother)
Bad Bunny has been managed by –
- Cardenas Marketing Network (CMD)
- Ramasso Produtora, Talent Management Company, Palermo, Argentina
Latin Trap, Reggaeton
Hear This Music
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bad Bunny has dated –
- Carliz De La Cruz Hernández (2011-2017) – Bad Bunny dated Carliz De La Cruz Hernández from 2011 to 2017. The couple reportedly attended college together.
- Gabriela Berlingeri (2017-Present) – In the year 2017, he met jewelry designer Gabriela Berlingeri at a restaurant while dining with his family and the two began dating soon after. However, he kept the relationship a secret until 2020 and later explained his decision to publicly acknowledge their relationship by saying, “I am happy with her. [People] don’t know she has helped me a lot in emotional aspects when I needed it the most.” She has also helped him in recording the 2018 song, Te Guste, by providing scratch vocals for Jennifer Lopez‘s portions of the song and became the first Latina to shoot the cover of Rolling Stone when she photographed the rapper for the magazine’s May 2020 cover.
- Cazzu (2018) – Rumor
- Kendall Jenner (2023) – Bad Bunny was first linked with model and media personality Kendall Jenner in February 2023 after they were seen together in a club in Los Angeles. In March 2023, they were again spotted together at Sushi Park in West Hollywood, California.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’ or ‘pink’.
- He wears a lot of accessories such as finger rings, chain necklaces, earrings, and nose rings.
- Bald to razor cut hairstyle, which is followed by funky shaved hair design
- He wears round colored eyeglass almost every time.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most influential faces in bringing Latin trap music into the limelight with his unique reggaeton rhythms before the global audience.
- His independent single Diles, which gave him worldwide recognition. Later, singing up with DJ Luían’s record label, Hear this Music gave him the platform on a larger scale.
- His collaborated work with other artists among which the song Sensualidad, with J Balvin and Prince Royce, reached number 10 on the Hot Latin Songs chart.
- Featuring in Becky G‘s July 2017 released single Mayores.
- Launching a computer game titled Bunny Madness Anarchy.
In 2017, he released his first album titled El Conejo Malo. It had 19 tracks which included collaborated work with some of the noted singers from the industry such as Arcangel, Almighty, Farruko, and Bryant Myers among others.
Bad Bunny Favorite Things
- Brands – Gucci, Adidas
- Color – Red
Source – Billboard
Bad Bunny Facts
- He used to work in a supermarket as a bagger.
- He started producing songs at the age of 13 or 14 years.
- His spirit animal is a bunny.
- Musicians who inspire him are Hector Lavoe, Daddy Yankee, Romeo, Marc Anthony, Vico C, and Tego Calderon among others.
- His singles Soy Peor and Tú No Metes Cabra managed to hit the Top 50 Hot Latin Songs chart.
- He has hosted Apple Music’s Beats 1 radio Trap Kingz, the first Spanish-language show.
- On October 14, 2017, Bad Bunny arrived at the Somos Live benefit concert wearing a T-shirt that read “Are you tweeter or president?” directed towards Donald Trump.
- He won the Favorite Male Artist – Latin award during the 2020 American Music Awards.
- In November 2020, it was announced that he had been tested positive for Coronavirus. Fortunately, he had later recovered from the virus.
- During the 2021 Grammys, he had received nominations in 2 categories, viz., “Best Latin Pop or Urban Album” and “Best Pop Duo/Group Performance”.
- He is a big Lady Gaga fan. In November 2020, during the election day, he voted for the U.S. President while wearing a Lady Gaga shirt.
- In December 2020, Bad Bunny shared that whenever he feels sad he listens to Lady Gaga’s Chromatica album.
- In 2021, he won his first Grammy award in the “Best Latin Pop or Urban Album” category for his album YHLQMDLG.
- In April 2021, he announced his El Último Tour del Mundo 2022 tour. On April 15, 2021, it was revealed that it was the highest-selling post-pandemic event and the top-selling date of any tour on Ticketmaster since 2018.
- Bad Bunny had graced the cover of W Magazine‘s “Music” issue in 2021.
- During the 2021 Billboard Music Awards, Bad Bunny won awards for “Top Latin Artist” and “Top Latin Male Artist”. He also won the award for “Top Latin Song” for Dakiti and “Top Latin Album” for YHLQMDLG.
- During the 2021 Billboard Latin Music Awards, he won 10 awards, including “Male Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year”, “Songwriter of the Year”, “Top Latin Album of the Year”, “Hot Latin Song of the Year”, and “Artist of the Year”.
- In November 2021, Bad Bunny won the American Music Award for “Favorite Male Latin Artist”.
- Bad Bunny was the 5th most streamed artist in the U.S. and the most streamed artist globally of 2021 on Spotify as per the data released by 2021 Spotify Wrapped.
- In April 2022, Bad Bunny’s two wax figures were placed at Madame Tussauds in New York and Orlando, Florida.
- In August 2022, Bad Bunny was honored with the award for “Artist of the Year” at the MTV Video Music Awards. With this, he became the Latin artist to win this award.
- In November 2022, Bad Bunny was ranked at the 3rd spot in Spotify’s “Most-streamed artist in the United States” list.
- He established the Good Bunny Foundation in the past. With the organization, he handed out more than 20,000 gifts to kids in Puerto Rico in December 2022.
- In January 2023, Bad Bunny purchased a 7,316 square feet mansion in Los Angeles for $8.8 million.
- During the 2023 Annual GLAAD Media Awards, Bad Bunny received the “Vanguard Award”.
- In March 2023, Bad Bunny and Eladio Carrion released a new song titled Coco Chanel.
- In March 2023, Bad Bunny’s ex-girlfriend Carliz De La Cruz Hernández filed a $40 million lawsuit against him for using voice recordings featuring her voice without her permission in 2 songs. Carliz claimed that her voice can be heard saying “Bad Bunny, baby” in his 2016 song Pa Ti and 2022 track Dos Mil 16.
- In May 2023, Bad Bunny released a new song titled Where She Goes.
Featured Image by Bad Bunny / Instagram