|Lisa Mishra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lisa Mishra is an Indian-American singer, songwriter, model, guitarist, and TV personality. She rose to prominence in May 2018, when a well-known Indian actress, Sonam Kapoor, reposted Lisa’s mash-up song combining Let me love you by Justin Bieber and DJ Snake with Tareefan from the movie Veere Di Wedding (2018).
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Lisa double-majored in Economics and Religion. She attended Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, and graduated from the Plural Project.
Singer, TV Personality, Songwriter, Guitarist, Model
- Father – Salil K. Mishra (Formerly worked at the State Bank of India)
- Siblings – Lory Mishra (Older Sister) (Food Blogger)
Lisa Mishra is represented by Matrix Bay (Manager).
Pop, Indian Pop, Electronic, Bollywood
- Universal Music India Pvt. Ltd.
- Class Action
- Saregama India Ltd.
- Zee Music Company
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ in the past.
Lisa Mishra Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (2005-2012), Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (2013–2018)
- Singers – Sufjan Stevens, Ben Howard
- Songs – The Dress Looks Nice On You (2004) by Sufjan Stevens, Further Away (2011) by Ben Howard, Love is All (2017) by The Tallest Man on Earth
- OTP (One True Pairing/Fictional Romantic Relationship) – Jack and Rose from Titanic (1997)
- Quote – “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” – Desmond Tutu
- Actor – Farhan Akhtar
- Color – Black
- Food – Punjabi Samosa, Goat Curry, Smothered Cheese Fries, Corn Tortilla Tacos with Cilantro, Chocolate
- Piece Of Jewelry – Earrings
Source – YouTube
Lisa Mishra Facts
- She was born in the United States but grew up in Orissa, India. In 2000, she moved from India to Chicago, Illinois, United States.
- Lisa stated she grew up in a household of “untrained song lovers”.
- She was never professionally trained in music, although she tried training for a year when she was 5 years old.
- Lisa revealed that an hour-long commute is responsible for allowing her time to rehearse singing.
- While she was working on getting her career in music off the ground, Lisa worked as a data analyst.
- Lisa has collaborated with Jamila Woods to record a theme song for the Emmy-nominated web series Brown Girls in 2017.
- On May 19, 2018, Lisa uploaded her mashup song based on the song from the movie Veere Di Wedding (2018) to her Instagram. The movie’s stars, Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor liked the video. Anil Kapoor, Harshvardhan Kapoor, and Ekta Kapoor also noticed, liked, and started commenting. Not too long after, Rhea sent her a private message and asked when was the earliest she could get on a plane to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and record her version titled Tareefan Reprise.
- She appeared on an episode of The Kapil Sharma Show in December 2019.
- Lisa is 5 ft 6 in tall, but sometimes pretends she’s 5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm tall to be closer in height with her older sister.
- One thing she grew to miss as an adult is her childhood in India. In was simple and without technology, so she had a genuine interest in things around her.
- Things she looks for in a partner are intellectual curiosity, sense of humor, and respect of women as equals.
- Lisa prefers soft music and she even finds listening to loud music in her free time unbearable. This is, by her own admission, likely due to spending time with bands and playing live shows.
- Whenever she is sad, Lisa goes to bed, curls up with her favorite blanket, and cries.
- She has been in ‘tons of physical fights’ with her sister but not with anyone else.
- One of her biggest fears is disappointing her parents. She is also terrified of the dark.
- She cries at everything. A TV show that makes her cry a lot is Grey’s Anatomy.
- Lisa is a bad reader of books but likes to read news and magazines.
- She is very passionate about cycling.
Featured Image by Lisa Mishra / Instagram