|Tony Ferguson Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1984|
Tony Ferguson is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in September 2011. As of April 2022, he had amassed a 14-5 win-loss record in the promotion. As of October of 2021, he was ranked number 7 in the UFC lightweight rankings. In October 2017, he won the interim UFC Lightweight Championship but was later stripped of the title due to an injury. Before joining UFC in September 2011, he had put together an impressive 11-2 win-loss record in more than 3 years of competing on the regional circuit across the United States. In the last 2 bouts that he had fought just before joining the UFC, he had won the vacant PureCombat Welterweight Championship (September 2010) and The Ultimate Fighter 13 Welterweight tournament (June 2011). He holds a black belt in 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, a non-traditional system of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He has also been trained in freestyle wrestling, boxing, Muay Thai, and Wing Chun.
Anthony Armand Ferguson Padilla
Oxnard, Ventura County, California, United States
Big Bear Lake, San Bernardino County, California, United States
Tony had attended the Muskegon Catholic Central High School, a private, Roman Catholic school in Muskegon, Michigan. After his high school graduation, he joined Central Michigan University, a public research university in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.
He had later taken a transfer to the Grand Valley State University, a public university in Allendale, Michigan. He eventually dropped out without completing his degree. Around this time, he had also had a stint at the Muskegon Community College, a public community college in Muskegon.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Others – He has a stepfather.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
Tony Ferguson’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony has dated –
- Cristina Servin (2009–Present) – Tony had started dating former model Cristina Servin in 2009. They got engaged in 2011 and got married in June 2012. They have 2 sons together named Armand Anthony (b. 2016) and Angel Anthony Ferguson (b. May 2021). In March 2019, Cristina filed a restraining order against him, alleging uncharacteristic behavior like severe paranoia, insomnia, and violent streaks. She did not allege physical abuse and the restraining order was more of a precautionary measure. By April 2019, she had dropped the order.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Has his first son’s name tattooed on his right forearm
Tony has been sponsored by –
- Monster Energy
- Dillon Optics
- The Protein Pizza
- Off Axis Athletics
Tony Ferguson Facts
- He was a 3-sport athlete in high school (American Football, Baseball, Wrestling). He was the starting defensive back for his school’s 2000 Division 8 state football championship team. Tony was also a 3-time All-State selection in wrestling, winning the 152 lbs division title in 2002.
- Tony is of Mexican heritage and his surname (Ferguson) comes from his Scottish-American stepfather.
- He had a successful collegiate wrestling career as well, winning the 2006 National Collegiate Wrestling Association championship in the 165 lbs division.
- After his college days, he returned to California to be closer to his extended family. He had started working in marketing and sales during the day and would pick up shifts as a bartender at night.
- While he was working a bar shift at night, a patron had once noticed his ‘cauliflower ear’ (an irreversible external deformity that occurs when the external portion of the ear is hit and develops a blood clot; common in martial artists, wrestlers, mixed martial artists, and rugby players) and began inquiring about his background.
- The patron was a trainer at a local MMA gym who later invited Tony to work with young mixed martial artists on their wrestling. Soon after this, Tony decided to seriously pursue a career in mixed martial arts.
- As of April 2022, he had won 11 UFC Bonus Awards – ‘Fight of the Night’ (6 times), ‘Knockout of the Night’ (Once), ‘Submission of the Night’ (Once), and ‘Performance of the Night’ (Thrice).
Featured Image by Tony Ferguson / Instagram