|Daddy Yankee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1977|
||Mirredys Gonzalez Ayala|
Daddy Yankee is a Puerto Rican rapper, singer, and songwriter who has been credited as the “King of Reggaetón” by music critics and fans alike as he was the one who coined the word reggaeton in 1994 to describe the new music genre that was emerging from Puerto Rico that synthesized American hip-hop, Latin Caribbean music, and Jamaican reggae rhythms with Spanish rapping and singing. He has won 5 Latin Grammy Awards, 2 Billboard Music Awards, 14 Billboard Latin Music Awards, 2 Latin American Music Awards, 8 Lo Nuestro Awards, an MTV Video Music Award, and 6 ASCAP Awards. His discography includes albums and tracks like No Mercy, El Cartel: The Big Boss, El Cangri.com, Talento de Barrio, Prestige, Barrio Fino, Mundial, Gasolina, Limbo, Shaky Shaky, Dura, Con Calma (ft. Snow, or remix with Katy Perry ft. Snow), Instagram (with Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, David Guetta, Afro Bros, and Natti Natasha), China (with Anuel AA and Karol G ft. Ozuna and J Balvin), La Despedida, and Sígueme Y Te Sigo. Moreover, he was included in Time 100 in 2006 and was named the “Most Influential Hispanic Artist” of 2009 by CNN.
Ramón Luis Ayala Rodríguez
El Cangri, El Jefe, The Big Boss, El Maximo Lider, Daddy Yankee, Winchester 30-30, King Daddy, The King
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Singer, songwriter, actor, musical producer
- Father – Ramón Ayala Class
- Mother – Rosa María Rodríguez
- Siblings – Melvin Ayala (Brother), Nomar Ayala (Brother)
- Others – Porto Ayala y Ayala (Paternal Grandfather), Altagracia Class y Aponte (Paternal Grandmother)
Yankee has been signed with Nevarez PR, Public Relations Agency, Doral, Florida, United States.
Vocals, drums, piano
Hip Hop, Latin Pop, Reggaeton, Trap, Dancehall
- Dream Team Killer
- Los Cangris Music Inc.
- Machete Music
- Universal Music
- Interscope Geffen A&M
- El Cartel Records
- Capitol Latin
His net worth had been $40 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
172 lbs or 78 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daddy Yankee has dated –
- Paula DeAnda – Yankee had a fling with the American singer Paula DeAnda in the past.
- Mirredys Gonzalez Ayala (1994-Present) – Since 1994, Daddy is married to the Puerto Rican girl Mirredys Gonzalez Ayala. They have 3 children, Yamilette (born when Daddy was 17), Jessaelyss, and Jeremy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Typical Latino-American looks
- When performing, he often wears hats and sunglasses
In 2005, Daddy signed an endorsement contract with Reebok who launched a new clothing line named “DY.”
The Puerto Rican has also been a part of Pepsi’s advertising campaign named Puertas in August 2007.
He has also appeared in the “The First Fragrance by Daddy Yankee” commercial.
Daddy is a Christian.
Best Known For
Yankee was a local reggae singer until he decided to release one of his biggest musical hits Gasolina. Since he released the song, his popularity rose to another level.
Daddy’s first album No Mercy was released on April 2, 1995, via White Lion Records. It contains a total of 11 tracks. It didn’t do well and received 1.5 ratings (out of 5) by Allmusic.
Yankee had his movie debut in 2004 when he acted as an extra (played as Bimbo) in the movie Vampiros.
First TV Show
Daddy first appeared in the hidden camera-practical joke series Punk’d in 2005 as himself. He appeared just in one episode (Season 6, Episode 2).
Yankee has a great body and there’s no need to question why if we know the fact that he spends 2 hours a day exercising.
Daddy does split his workouts as per his body part, and he tries to hit them 2 times per week.
Below, we present you with a sample workout plan, which if followed correctly can provide tremendous results.
Monday – Shoulders / Biceps / Triceps
- Seated Barbell Press – 3 x 8 – 10
- Seated Lateral Raises – 3 x 15
- Seated Delt Raises – 3 x 12
- DB Front SH Raises – 3 x 10 – 12
- Barbell Curls – 3 x 8 – 10
- Hammer Curls – 3 x 8 – 10 (per arm)
- Concentration Curl – 3 x 8 – 10 (per arm)
- Skullcrushers – 3 x 8 – 10
- Triceps Press-down – 3 x 8 – 10
- Triceps Overhead Extension – 3 x 8 – 10
Tuesday – Legs
- Leg Press – 3 x 8 – 10
- Hamstring Curl -3 x 8 – 10
- Leg Extension – 3 x 8 – 10
- Walking Lunges – 3 x 16 (total steps)
- Calf Raises 1 – 3 x 10
- Calf Raises 2 – 4 x 20 (lightweight, going for burnout)
Wednesday – Back / Chest
- Lat Pull-Down – 3 x 10-12
- Pull-Ups – 3 x 10-15
- Barbell Row – 3 x 8-12
- Close Row – 3 x 8-12
- Barbell Bench Press – 3 x 10-12
- Incline Bench Press – 3 x 10-12
- DB Fly – 3 x 12-15
- Push-Ups – 3 x 20
Thursday – REST
Friday – Shoulder / Triceps / Biceps
- DB Shoulder Press – 3 x 10-12
- DB Lateral Raises – 3 x 10-12
- DB Delt Raises – 3 x 10-12
- Close Push-Ups – 3 x 20
- Cable Press-down – 3 x 10-12
- Close Grip Bench Press – 3 x 10-12
- Barbell Close-Grip Curl – 3 x 10-12
- Barbell Wide Grip Curl – 3 x 10-12
- Pindown Curl – 3 x 8-10 (per arm)
Saturday – Legs
- Squats – 4 x 12
- Deadlift – 4 x 12
- Squats – 2 x 20
- Romanian Deadlift – 2 x 20
- Walking Lunges – 3 x 16-20 steps
- Calf Raises – 5 x 15
Sunday – Chest / Back
- DB Bench Press – 3 x 8 -12
- Incline Bench Press – 3 x 8 -12
- Pec Dec – 3 x 8 -12
- Barbell Row – 3 x 8 -12
- Seated Cable Close Row – 3 x 8 -12
- DB Row – 3 x 8 -12
It is not known what Daddy really eats during the day. It is supposed that he is not fully dedicated to eating healthy all the time, and by this, we mean that he eats junk food too.
Daddy Yankee Facts
- Daddy was raised in the neighborhood of Villa Kennedy Housing Projects.
- Yankee was about to sign a professional contract with Seattle Mariners in the Major Baseball League when he was hit by an AK-47 rifle while he was taking a break from the recording session. He still has a bullet in his hip. Daddy has stated that without that incident, he isn’t sure if he would have focused completely on pursuing a music career.
- Yankee was part of the political campaign at the 2008 general elections in Puerto Rico.
- Most of his personal life is kept private by Daddy. He often refuses to talk about his family in interviews.
- In one interview, Yankee said that his bond with his wife is strong because they are “friends above anything.”
- When his first child was born, Daddy was only 17. For Yankee, raising a child at that time was such a hard life experience.
- Daddy founded Fundacion Corazon Guerrero, a charity that helps young incarcerated people.
- In 2008, Yankee announced that he bought a part of the basketball team, Criollos de Caguas’ ownership.
- Daddy has released a 3D video game by the name Trylogy. The game also has his tracks Gasolina and Limbo.
- Some of Yankee’s influences have been Big Daddy Kane, Bon Jovi, Michael Jackson, Nas, Sean Combs, Ruben Blades, and Juan Luis Guerra.
- In March 2022, Daddy Yankee announced that he would be retiring from music after the release of his final album, Legendaddy. The album was released later that month.