|Sara Gilbert Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 29, 1975|
Sara Gilbert is an American actress who is known for playing the roles of Darlene Conner and Leslie Winkle on the American sitcoms Roseanne and The Big Bang Theory, respectively. She was placed 38th in VH1’s list of the “100 Greatest Kid Stars”.
Sara Rebecca Abeles
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
Sara went to The Buckley School in Sherman Oaks, California and then Ezra Stiles College at Yale University.
Sara went to Yale University from where she graduated with honors majoring in art with an emphasis on photography in 1997.
- Father – Harold Abeles (Beverly Hills Entertainment Attorney)
- Mother – Barbara Cowan (Actress)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Warren Cowan (Step-Father), Harry Crane (Maternal Grandfather) (Comedy Writer), Julia Grandis (Maternal Grandmother) (Dancer), Victor Abeles (Paternal Grandfather), Celia Cohen (Paternal Grandmother), Melissa Gilbert (Older Half-Sister) (Actress, Director), Jonathan Gilbert (Older Half-Brother) (Former Actor, Stockbroker), Patrice (Half-Sister), Joseph (Half-Brother), Claudia Cowan (Step-Sister) (Actress), Timothy Busfield (Brother-in-law) (Actor, Director), Bruce Boxleitner (Ex-Brother-in-law) (Actor, Producer), Bo Brinkman (Ex-Brother-in-law) (Actor, Director)
Sara is managed by Management 360.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Sara has dated –
- Johnny Galecki (1992-1993) – Sara started dating her Roseanne and The Big Bang Theory co-actor Johnny Galecki in 1992. But during their year-long relationship, Sara realized that she was a lesbian and therefore, they parted ways and they still maintain a close friendship.
- Tobey Maguire (1993-1996) – Sara went out with actor Tobey Maguire for approximately 3 years. The relationship started in 1993 but eventually dissolved in 1996.
- Allison Adler (2001-2011) – Ali Adler is an American-Canadian television producer and writer whom Sara dated for around 10 years. They met in 2001 and have two children together – a son named Levi Hank and a daughter Sawyer Jane. This relationship also ended in separation.
- Linda Perry (2011-2021) – Gilbert started going out with musician Linda Perry in October 2011. They announced their engagement in April 2013, and later got married on March 30, 2014. They had a son named Rhodes Emilio Gilbert Perry, born to Gilbert on February 28, 2015. In 2019, the couple separated and on December 27, 2019, they filed for legal separation which was finalized almost 2 years later in October 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Gilbert is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Sara Gilbert has appeared in a TV commercial for Kool-Aid in 1983.
Her parents follow Judaism but Sara explores all kinds of philosophies and disciplines including Siddha yoga.
Best Known For
Imparting life to the character Darlene Conner on the ABC sitcom Roseanne from 1988 to 1997
Sara made her theatrical film debut in 1992, in the movie Poison Ivy in which she played the role of Sylvie Cooper.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in an episode of the anthology series for children, ABC Weekend Special, in 1988.
Sara focuses on working out on a daily basis. She has made it a point to exercise for at least 15 minutes daily. She prefers doing a jog or going for a walk but also indulges yoga whenever she gets the time.
She also participated in Prevention’s Spread The Health Challenge and discovered how even shorter workout sessions can benefit the body.
Sara Gilbert Facts
- She created the American talk-show, The Talk, which she also co-hosts with Julie Chen, Eve, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood.
- Sara is a vegan.
- She is childhood friends with actors like Tobey Maguire, Seth Green, Danny Masterson, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Gilbert welcomed motherhood for the first time when her now ex-girlfriend gave birth to their son named Levi Hank in October 2004 with the help of a sperm donor.
- Sara revealed via The Talk that she has a fear of getting injured.
- Sara was inspired into acting at the age of 6 when her sister, Melissa Gilbert, got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She is the third generation actress in her family, involved in the show-business.
- She took her last name ‘Gilbert’ from her mother’s first husband, Paul Gilbert.
- In March 2021, during an interview, she revealed that her first girl kiss was with actress Drew Barrymore.
Featured Image by Sara Gilbert / Instagram