|John Barrowman Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1967|
John Barrowman is a Scottish-American actor, singer, voiceover artist, presenter, author, dancer, and comic book writer known for having been cast in shows and movies such as Titans, Dancing on Ice, Legends of Tomorrow, I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, Arrow, Scandal, Zero Dark Thirty, Desperate Housewives, Central Park West, and Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. In addition to that, he has also gained acclaim with his roles in productions like Cal Chandler in The Fix, Alex in Aspects of Love, Jack in Jack and the Beanstalk, Albin/Zaza in La Cage aux Folles, Dumaine in Love’s Labour’s Lost, and F. Scott Fitzgerald in The Beautiful and Damned. The actor was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2014 Birthday Honours for services to light entertainment and charity.
John Scot Barrowman
Barrowman studied at Joliet West High School and graduated high school in 1985. He later got enrolled at the University of Iowa for a semester to study drama and music and then attended DePaul University, studying voice for a trimester.
In January 1988, he transferred to the United States International University and studied performing arts.
Actor, Singer, Voiceover Artist, Presenter, Author, Comic Book Writer, Dancer
- Father – John Barrowman (An employee at the Caterpillar heavy machinery company)
- Mother – Marion Barrowman (A singer who also worked in a record shop)
- Siblings – Carole Barrowman (Older Sister) (English Professor, Fiction Reviewer, Writer), Andrew Barrowman (Older Brother)
- Others – John Barrowman (Paternal Grandfather), Emily Smith Mathieson (Paternal Grandmother), Andrew Butler (Maternal Grandfather), Marian Anderson (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with –
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Gavin Barker Associates, Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop Music, Musical Theatre
Sony BMG, JAY Records, Arista, Decca
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
John Barrowman has dated –
- Scott Gill (1993-Present) – He met British architect Scott Gill in 1993 and they entered into a civil partnership on December 27, 2006. On July 2, 2013, they were legally married in California following the Supreme Court’s decision to deny an appeal against the reversal of California Proposition 8.
Race / Ethnicity
Barrowman is of Scottish descent.
He worked in a TV advert for Irn Bru in 1994.
John Barrowman Facts
- He made his theatrical film debut in the 1987 American crime film, The Untouchables, but his role went uncredited.
- He has been known for speaking in his American accent while in public and switching back to his original Scottish accent when speaking to his parents.
- For his role as Cal Chandler in The Fix, John Barrowman was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award for “Best Actor in a Musical”.
- He launched his skincare line called HIM in 2011.
- He performed in the opening ceremony of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
- John Barrowman is a huge fan of American actress Carol Burnett.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0