|David Guetta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1967|
David Guetta is a French DJ, record producer, remixer, music programmer, and songwriter who was voted the number one DJ in the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs poll in 2011 and 2020. Also, Billboard crowned the song When Love Takes Over as the number one dance-pop collaboration of all time in 2013. His discography includes albums, extended plays, and tracks like Just a Little More Love, 7, Nothing but the Beat, One Love, Guetta Blaster, Listen, Pop Life, Lovers on the Sun, Just a Little More Love (ft. Chris Willis), Baby When the Light (with Steve Angello ft. Cozi), Memories (ft. Kid Cudi), Where Them Girls At (ft. Flo Rida and Nicki Minaj), Titanium (ft. Sia), The Alphabeat, She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) (ft. Sia), Play Hard (ft. Ne-Yo and Akon), Shot Me Down (ft. Skylar Grey), Hey Mama (ft. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha, and Afrojack), and This One’s for You (ft. Zara Larsson). He has also received multiple accolades including 2 Grammy Awards, an American Music Award, and a Billboard Music Award.
Pierre David Guetta
Disc jockey, record producer, remixer, music programmer, songwriter
- Father – Pierre Guetta (Sociologist)
- Mother – Monique
- Siblings – Bernard Guetta (Older Half-Brother) (Political Journalist, Politician), Natalie Guetta (Older Sister) (Actress)
David has been signed with –
- Creative Artists Agency (Talent Agency)
- Perfecto Records, LLC (Record Label)
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
EDM, House, Progressive House, Electro / House, Dance-Pop
Piano, Logic Pro, Synthesiser
What A Music LTD, Warner Music, Big Beat, F*ck Me I’m Famous Records, Parlophone, Virgin, Capitol International, Capitol Music Group, Ultra, Gum Productions, Jack Back Records, GUT
In 2021, his net worth was $150 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Guetta has dated –
- Cathy Lobé (1989-2014) – In 1989, David Guetta started dating Senegalese socialite and nightclub manager, Cathy Lobé. They got engaged in 1990 and married in July 1992. The couple later welcomed 2 children, son Tim Elvis Eric (b. February 9, 2004) and daughter Angie (b. September 23, 2007). In March 2014, the couple split after 22 years of married life and subsequently filed for divorce.
- Jessica Ledon (2015-Present) – In 2015, David started dating model Jessica Ledon. The two have been seen showing PDA at many places.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Moroccan Jewish ancestry on his dad’s side while he is of Belgian descent on his mom’s side.
He appeared in Beats by Dr. Dre Neon Mixr commercial in 2013.
Several of his songs have been featured in television commercials such as Panasonic AC 2014 commercial.
As his family is Moroccan Sephardi Jewish, he may be a follower of Judaism. But, it is not clear.
Best Known For
He is worldwide known for being a DJ, remixer, and record producer.
David’s debut studio album was named Just a Little More Love, and it was released on June 10, 2002, via Virgin Records and Gum Productions.
The electro-house album is around 50 minutes long consisting of 13 songs in the standard edition of the album.
It was charted at #6 in France, #43 in Belgium, and #17 in Switzerland. About 300,000 albums were sold worldwide.
As an actor, David appeared in a short music film (7 minutes long) David Guetta Ft Sam Martin: Dangerous as David Guetta in 2014.
In 2009, he had appeared in a short drama film (8 minutes long) Alessandra. His role was for inspiration.
David Guetta Favorite Things
- Hotel – The Siam in Bangkok
- Shoes – Stan Smith by Adidas
- Restaurants (from all over the world) – Roca Cookery (in Mykonos, Greece), Queue de Cheval (in Montreal)
- Artwork – Keith Haring’s drawing which he made for David
- Book – The Little Prince (By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
- Museum – The Museum of Old and New Art (in Hobart, Tasmania), the Pompidou (in Paris)
Source – WSJ.com
David Guetta Facts
- DJ David has played in numerous clubs including Folies, Le Boy, Le Centrale, and the Rex.
- David first started playing DJ at Paris’s Broad Club in the 1980s.
- In 1987, he first got to know about house music when he heard the track Farley “Jackmaster” Funk on French radio.
- In 1988, David had started hosting his own club nights.
- His last name is pronounced as GET-uh.
- With Lisa Dodgson, David co-founded Gum Productions.
- Released in 2009, David’s self-produced song “When Love Takes Over” was named as the #1 dance-pop collaboration of all time by Billboard.
- He was the #1 DJ as per the readers of DJ magazine in their “DJ Mag Top 100 DJs” poll.
- Dr. Sebagh Supreme Eye Serum is his vital grooming product.
- Actor Steve McQueen is his style icon.
- Ibiza (an island in the Mediterranean sea) is his spiritual house.
- David supported Nicolas Sarkozy’s 2007 presidential campaign.
- He once had to cancel his tour because he lost his USB stick in which he had stored all his musical set.
- In 2012, he appeared in Ludacris‘s music video “Rest Of My Life.”
- In 2015, for a stage show with Nicki Minaj, he was assumed to have copied the stage design from HYBYCOZO without any written permission which created controversy.
- In October 2020, David, while appearing in a video by YouTubers Mcfly and Carlito, revealed that Madonna once declined to make an album with him because of his sun sign (which is Scorpio).
- Visit his official website @ www.davidguetta.com.