|Kid Cudi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kid Cudi is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, and record executive who rose to fame after his mixtape titled A Kid Named Cudi (2008) caught the attention of American rapper-producer Kanye West, who subsequently signed Cudi to his GOOD Music label imprint in late 2008. Cudi has established himself as an influence on several contemporary hip hop and alternative acts and over the years, he has worked with celebrated artists like Jay-Z, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, David Guetta, MGMT, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, and Michael Bolton. He has released various albums, tracks, and mixtapes including Man on the Moon: The End of Day, Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager, Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon, Indicud, Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin’, Speedin’ Bullet 2 Heaven, Man on the Moon III: The Chosen, Mr. Rager, No One Believes Me, Leader of the Delinquents, The Adventures of Moon Man & Slim Shady (with Eminem), and Frequency.
Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi
Kid Cudi, Juan Pablo, Cudder, The Lonely Stoner, Super Duper Cudi, Mr. Solo Dolo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Kid Cudi went to the Shaker Heights High School, where he studied for two years. He then got transferred to Solon High School. He was dismissed from thereafter he threatened to punch the school principal. However, he did manage to clear his GED exams.
Later, he got enrolled at the University of Toledo to study film. However, he dropped out a year later.
Actor, model, film, composer, guitarist, music video director, rapper, record producer, singer, songwriter
- Father – Lindberg Styles Mescudi (US Air Force veteran, substitute teacher, and house painter)
- Mother – Elsie Harriet (Choir teacher in a middle school)
- Siblings – Domingo Mescudi (Older Brother), Dean Mescudi (Older Brother), Maisha Mescudi (Older Sister)
- Others – Charles Manitow Mescudi (Paternal Grandfather), Essie Viola Lawson (Paternal Grandmother)
Kid Cudi has been signed with Leverage Management, Talent Management Company, Santa Monica, California, United States.
Hip Hop, Alternative Rock, Neo-Psychedelia, Alternative Hip Hop, Trip Hop
Vocals, Guitar, Bass Guitar
Wicked Awesome, Republic, Dream On, GOOD Music, Fool’s Gold Records, Universal Motown
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kid Cudi has dated –
- Amanda Bynes (2010) – Kid Cudi dated actress Amanda Bynes in the early months of 2010. Amanda started these rumors by tweeting ‘With Kid Cudi,’ which was followed by another tweet of them getting a house together just a couple of weeks later. She confirmed the end of their relationship with a tweet as well. In June 2013, she called him one of the ugliest black men she had dated and alleged that he had herpes.
- Jamie Baratta (2009-2012) – Kid Cudi began his on and off relationship with an entertainment lawyer, Jamie Baratta in 2009. He even penned a song dedicated to her, which was titled Teleport 2 Me, Jamie. They broke up for good in 2012.
- Mariel Haenn (2012-2013) – Cudi was reported to be going out with celebrity stylist, Mariel Haenn, who is well known for having worked with Rihanna. They had first met at a club in Los Angeles and after meeting at several parties, they finally managed to exchange numbers. They had decided to keep their relationship low-key in a bid to make it last. However, by the mid of 2013, they had gone separate ways.
- Stella Maeve (2013) – By 2013 end, Kid Cudi was reported to be dating actress Stella Maeve. They made their relationship public by attending a number of red carpet events together.
- Michelle Trachtenberg (2014) – Kid Cudi was linked up with actress Michelle Trachtenberg in April 2014, after they were spotted leaving the party at Chateau Marmont together.
Note – Kid Cudi has a daughter Vada Wamwene Mescudi (b. March 2010) from an unspecified relationship. In 2012, he was involved in a legal battle for the custody of his daughter as her mother accused Cudi of being an absentee father and also pointed to his drug and alcohol abuse. They eventually managed to reach an amicable solution.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
He has Mexican and African-American ancestry on his father’s side, whereas, he is of African-American origin on his mother’s side.
Kid Cudi’s song “Up Up and Away” was featured in a Mountain Dew commercial.
He has also advertised for Calvin Klein.
Best Known For
- Having released a number of popular singles and commercially successful albums
- Having collaborated with the leading music artists such as Kanye West, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, and David Guetta
In September 2009, he released his debut studio album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day. It reached #4 on Billboard 200.
In 2011, he was seen in the short film Maniac for his role as Twisted Killer.
However, his feature film debut is considered to be Need for Speed in 2014 where he played the role of Benny / Maverick.
First TV Show
In 2010, he guest appeared as himself in the TV drama series, One Tree Hill.
Kid Cudi Favorite Things
- Music Artists – Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain
- Music Albums – The Wall by Pink Floyd, We Can’t Be Stopped by Geto Boys, Nevermind by Nirvana, Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg, Ready to Die by The Notorious B.I.G., Illmatic by Nas, Reasonable Doubt by Jay-Z, 2001 by Dr. Dre, The Fix by Scarface, Get Rich or Die Tryin’ by 50 Cent, The College Dropout by Kanye West, LP4 by Ratatat
- Rapper – Snoop Dogg
Source – Complex
Kid Cudi Facts
- After dropping out of college, he intended to get enlisted in the US Navy. However, he was rejected due to his juvenile criminal record.
- After he moved to New York City to pursue rapping, he got a job at the BAPE Store. It was while working at the store he met Kanye West and handed him his demo album.
- Kanye West had bought a jacket during his visit to BAPE Store and Cudi forgot to remove the security sensor from it, due to which he had to chase Kanye in SoHo to resolve the issue.
- In September 2009, the BAPE franchise created a specialized T-shirt for Kid Cudi in recognition of the achievements he had made as a rapper and in honor of the time he had spent as their employee.
- In 2010, he adopted a dog named Freshie. Freshie passed away in August 2021.
- While studying at the University of Toledo in 2004, he was arrested for underage drinking. He has alleged that he was assaulted by the police officer during the arrest and as he didn’t have money, he couldn’t press charges.
- In 2013, he revealed that he had struggled with addiction to anti-depressant pills, which he had been prescribed to help deal with an emotional breakdown, sparked by his failed relationship.
- Kid Cudi has worked as Mental Health Ambassador for the Erasing the Stigma Efforts campaign launched by Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services.
- He has been working with Musicians on Call (MOC), which is a charity foundation that brings recorded and live music to the patients’ bedside in various healthcare facilities.
- In his interviews, he has spoken candidly about his struggle with depression and suicidal tendencies. In 2016, he had to check into rehab to deal with his suicidal urges and depression problem.
- While growing up, he tried his hand at the clarinet, violin, and trumpet. However, he failed miserably in mastering these instruments.
- Kid Cudi released his 7th studio album in December 2020, titled Man on the Moon III: The Chosen. This was the third and final movie from his Man on the Moon trilogy project.
- In January 2021, popular TikToker Addison Rae wished Kid Cudi a happy birthday on his birthday on Twitter. He thanked her in return which made the fans of Kid Cudi angry.
- Alongside Gary Oldman, Armie Hammer, Evangeline Lilly, Greg Kinnear, Michelle Rodriguez, Luke Evans, Lily-Rose Depp, and Martin Donovan, he co-starred in the 2021 crime thriller film, Crisis, playing the role of Ben Walker.