|Luke Evans Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1979|
Luke Evans is a Welsh actor, singer, voiceover artist, and producer who is best known for having been cast in on-screen roles such as Aramis in The Three Musketeers, Gaston in Beauty and the Beast, Owen Shaw in Fast & Furious 6, John Moore in The Alienist, and Bruce Reynolds in The Great Train Robbery. He has also been cast in projects like Crossing Swords, Clash of the Titans, Immortals, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Message from the King, Murder Mystery, Professor Marston and the Wonder Women, and Midway.
Luke George Evans
Pontypool, Wales, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Luke shifted to Cardiff in Wales at the age of 17 (in 1996). This is where he studied under the guidance of an established singing coach, Louise Ryan. He won a scholarship to The London Studio Centre in Kings Cross, London in the year 1997. He graduated in 2000.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – David Evans
- Mother – Yvonne Evans
- Siblings – He is an only child.
He is represented by –
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
In September 2010, Luke was connected to one of the female Public Relations (PR) executives. He was romantically linked but that female executive replied with –
“Luke’s lovely – we’re really old friends and it just sort of happened. We are nowhere near engaged but things are really good.”
He has further dated –
- Indiana Evans (2008) – He was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Australian actress and singer-songwriter Indiana Evans in 2008.
- Holly Goodchild (2010) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with English personality Holly Goodchild in 2010.
- Jon Kortajarena (2014-2016, 2017) – Spanish model Jon Kortajarena and Luke first dated together for two years from 2014 to 2016. They reconciled in April 2017 once again and romanced for some more time. They called it quits later in the year.
- Victor Turpin (2018-2019) – In May 2018, Luke was first seen with Colombian actor Victor Turpin. But, the fans were speculating that the two were already dating for months before their public appearance. In October 2018, they were present at the British GQ 30th Anniversary Party together. They separated in the summer of 2019.
- Rafael Olarra (2019-2020) – Art director Rafael Olarra and Luke had started dating in 2019. They dated for a year and allegedly called it quits in October 2020 when they had unfollowed each other on Instagram. But, they followed each other later on October 28, 2020.
- Fran Tomas (2022-Present) – Luke’s relationship with Spanish graphic designer Fran Tomas first came into the spotlight in August 2022 after they were spotted together in Ibiza, Spain.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Welsh descent.
- Great personality
- Has acted in the theatre play, Hardcore as a gay p*rn star
Italian lifestyle brand, POLICE (2012)
He was raised as Jehovah’s Witness.
Best Known For
His stage roles in Rent, Miss Saigon, Small Change, and Piaf to theatergoers and to filmgoers for his roles in Immortals, The Three Musketeers, Clash of the Titans, and Tamara Drewe
2003 stage musical short film, Taboo for his role as Billy.
First TV Show
He has done various cameo appearances in television shows. The first one being The Kylie Show, which was shown as a TV movie (of comedy genre) in 2007. He appeared in it as himself.
Luke has also made it to other shows as well like Made in Hollywood (2010-2011), Up Close With Carrie Keagan (2010-2011), Janela Indiscreta (2011-2013), and others.
Luke does exercises and keeps himself fit and in shape. Talking about the fitness at the Fast & Furious 6 premiere in London, he revealed –
“I was already quite fit and in shape already because I’d been working on ‘The Hobbit’, and that’s a very physical role in itself. For this I had to get myself in a martial arts style fitness, getting myself fast on my feet and get really supple so I could kick people in the head and shit like that.”
Luke Evans Facts
- Luke was born in Aberbargoed, which is a small town, situated in the Rhymney Valley of South Wales.
- He is gay, about which he openly told in his early career.
- He is a theatre as well as a film actor.
- He has acted in the 2013 movie – Fast & The Furious 6 in a negative role as Owen Shaw.
- He drove the flip car in the 6th installment of the Fast & The Furious franchise.
- Other films, which he has done include The Three Musketeers (2011), The Raven (2012), The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013).
- He has played the role of 2 Greek gods in films – Apollo in “Clash of the Titans” (2010) and Zeus in “Immortals” (2011).
- He refers to his fans as ‘ Luketeers’, a reference from the “Three Musketeers”.
- In The Great Gatsby (2013), he was initially considered for the role of Tom Buchanan which was later played by Joel Edgerton.
- He gave his first film audition at 30.
- For his role as Gaston in the 2017 American musical romantic fantasy film Beauty and the Beast, he won the Teen Choice Award for “Choice Movie: Villain”.
- In December 2020, Luke was announced as Attitude Magazine‘s Man of the Year.
- Luke has a bird tattoo on his upper right leg which he got in 2021.
- In April 2022, Luke was hospitalized in London. However, the reason for his hospitalization wasn’t revealed.