Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia
He studied at Hills Grammar School in Sydney and graduated in 1991.
Joel continued his schooling in Nepean Drama School at the University of Western Sydney.
Actor, Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Michael Edgerton (Solicitor and Property Developer)
- Mother – Marianne Edgerton
- Siblings – Nash Edgerton (Brother)
Edgerton is signed with Shanahan Management Pty Ltd.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
176 lbs or 80 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel Edgerton dated –
- Isabel Lucas (2009) –In 2009, there were RUMORs which linked Joel with the Australian model Isabel Lucas.
- Cathy Freeman (2003–2005) – Joel was in a relationship with the Australian track and field athlete Cathy Freeman.
- Robin McLeavy (2009-2010) – In 2009, Robin started dating the Australian actress Robin McLeavy. They were together for 1 year before they split up in 2010.
- Alexis Blake (2012–Present) –Joel started dating actress Alexis Blake in 2012. The couple is still together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Wavy hair
10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
Joel hasn’t signed any endorsement contract yet.
Best Known For
Joel is best known for his acts in the movies – Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002), King Arthur (2004), Kinky Boots (2005), Animal Kingdom (2010), The Thing (2011), Warrior (2011) and The Great Gatsby (2013).
He showed up in the movie Loaded in 1996, in which he played the role of Frog.
First TV Show
In the episode named Wild Card in the TV series Police Rescue (1995), Joel made his television debut. He played the character of Andy.
For the movie Warrior (2011), in which Joel played as Brendan Conlon, he needed to go through some serious fighting training.
For more, you can read on the following link: Den of Geek.
Joel Edgerton Facts
- Joel’s brother Nash works as a stuntman and moviemaker.
- For many years, Joel was an ambassador for The Fred Hollows Foundation.
- He is the co-founder of the Blue-Tongue Films.
- Joel and his brother appeared together in several movies.
- Edgerton has won numerous awards, including Best Actor for the movie Acolytes (2008) at the Melbourne Underground Film Festival, Best Actor for the movie The Waiting City (2009) at the Film Critics Circle of Australia, Best Actor in Supporting Role (AACTA Award) for the movie Animal Kingdom (2012), and many others.
- Joel loves eating food that contains sugar. He is a chocolate addict.
- He is great friends with his fellows from the movie King Arthur (2004) Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy.
- Joel has his own short movie named Monkeys (2011).
- He made his directorial debut with the 2015 movie The Gift.
- Follow Joel on his Twitter.