|Joel Edgerton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1974|
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
Joel Edgerton is an Australian actor and filmmaker who is known for playing Owen Lars in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, William “Will” McGill in the drama series The Secret Life of Us, Shane Twentyman in the crime film The Hard Word, Tom Buchanan in the romantic drama film The Great Gatsby, John G. Morris in the biographical drama film Life, Gawain in the historical adventure film King Arthur, Ridgeway in the fantasy historical drama series The Underground Railroad, John Connolly in the biographical crime drama film Black Mass, Ramesses II in the biblical epic film Exodus: Gods and Kings, Richard Loving in the biographical romantic drama film Loving, Barry Brown in neo-noir crime drama film Animal Kingdom, and Patrick in the thriller film Zero Dark Thirty. Throughout his career, he has received various accolades including the Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for “Best Supporting Actor” for The Great Gatsby and the AACTA Award for “Best Lead Actor in a Television Drama” for The Secret Life of Us.
Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia
He studied at Hills Grammar School in Sydney and graduated in 1991.
Joel continued his schooling in Nepean Drama School at the University of Western Sydney.
Actor, Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Michael Edgerton (Solicitor and Property Developer)
- Mother – Marianne Edgerton
- Siblings – Nash Edgerton (Brother)
- Others – Cornelis Adrianus Antonius “Kees” van Dort (Maternal Grandfather), Maria Antonia Wilhelmina Margaretha Zouteriks (Maternal Grandmother)
Edgerton has been signed with –
- Shanahan Management Pty Ltd.
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
His net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
176 lbs or 80 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel Edgerton has dated –
- Maude Garrett – It is RUMORed that he had a fling with radio and television personality Maude Garrett in the past.
- Isabel Lucas (2009) –In 2009, there were RUMORs which linked Joel with the Australian model Isabel Lucas.
- Cathy Freeman (2003–2005) – Joel was in a relationship with the Australian track and field athlete Cathy Freeman.
- Robin McLeavy (2009-2010) – In 2009, Robin started dating the Australian actress Robin McLeavy. They were together for 1 year before they split up in 2010.
- Alexis Blake – Joel started dating actress Alexis Blake in 2012. The couple later broke up.
- Wanessa Milhomem (2016) – In February 2016, there were RUMORs that he hooked up with Wanessa Milhomem.
- Christine Centenera (2018-Present) – He started dating the fashion director of Vogue Australia, Christine Centenera in 2018. In May 2021, the couple welcomed their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Joel Edgerton is of English descent on his father’s side and has Dutch roots on his mother’s side.
- Blue eyes
- Wavy hair
10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
Best Known For
Joel is best known for his acts in the movies – Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002), King Arthur (2004), Kinky Boots (2005), Animal Kingdom (2010), The Thing (2011), Warrior (2011) and The Great Gatsby (2013).
He showed up in the movie Loaded in 1996, in which he played the role of Frog.
First TV Show
In the episode named Wild Card in the TV series Police Rescue (1995), Joel made his television debut. He played the character of Andy.
For the movie Warrior (2011), in which Joel played Brendan Conlon, he needed to go through some serious fighting training.
For more, you can read on the following link: Den of Geek.
Joel Edgerton Facts
- Joel’s brother Nash works as a stuntman and moviemaker.
- For many years, Joel was an ambassador for The Fred Hollows Foundation.
- He is the co-founder of Blue-Tongue Films.
- Joel and his brother appeared together in several movies.
- Edgerton has won numerous awards, including Best Actor for the movie Acolytes (2008) at the Melbourne Underground Film Festival, Best Actor for the movie The Waiting City (2009) at the Film Critics Circle of Australia, Best Actor in Supporting Role (AACTA Award) for the movie Animal Kingdom (2012), and many others.
- Joel loves eating food that contains sugar. He is a chocolate addict.
- He is great friends with his fellows from the movie King Arthur (2004) Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy.
- Joel has his own short movie named Monkeys (2011).
- He made his directorial debut with the 2015 movie The Gift.