|Alexander Wurz Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 15, 1974|
Alexander Wurz is an Austrian former professional race car driver, driver training expert, and businessman who won the Le Mans 24 Hour. Other than that, Alexander also competed at the Formula One from 1997 until 2007.
Waidhofen an der Thaya, Lower Austria, Austria
Former Racing Driver, Businessman, Driver Training Expert
- Father – Franz Wurz (Former Rallycross Driver)
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexander has dated –
- Julia Horden – He is married to Julia Horden and has 3 sons named Charlie, Felix, and Oscar.
Race / Ethnicity
- Nubian nose
- Thin eyebrows
- Alexander would race with different colored shoes prior to 2007.
Alexander Wurz Favorite Things
- Racing Memory – Le Mans 24 Hour
Source – Lemans
Alexander Wurz Facts
- He started his racing career with karting.
- His father Franz is a well-known former rallycross racer.
- He was 12 years old when he won the BMX World Championship in 1986. Also, while training for the competitions, he developed a physical fitness that was suitable for motor racing.
- Alexander and countryman Markus Rainer started the multiple-time World Cup-winning mountain biking team in 2000, called Rainer-Wurz.com. The group is sponsored by McLaren, Siemens, and Cannondale.
- In the past, the Katarga sold a high-end limited edition mountain bike that was called the Alexander Wurz EVO SL and featured an autograph of his on it.
- He was hired as the Grand Prix Drivers’ Association in the past.
- As of 2020, Alexander had a racing contract to work with the Toyota factory racing team in the World Endurance Championship.
- He is said to be the Williams F1 Team‘s driver coach.
- In the past, Alexander worked as a commentator for Formula 1 TV and media.
- His win at the 1996 Le Mans 24 Hour made him the youngest ever winner. As of 2020, he still held the record.
- In 2018, Alexander made his debut as a rallycross racer at the FIA World Rallycross Championship‘s World RX of Norway at Lånkebanen.
- Alexander loves to go kite surfing, climbing, mountain biking, airbrush painting, and trial biking in his free time.
Featured Image By David Merrett / Flickr / CC BY 2.0